Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My guess on Lateek
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

My guess on Lateek

Oct 7, 2012, 5:38 PM

Hate to say it, but seems he's probably played his last game as a Tiger.

The writing is on the wall:

- doesn't play

- doesn't even dress for the game

- no statement at all from coaches

- not speaking / available to media

I think Lateek is being a good sport by wearing his jersey (+ street clothes), but fully expect a transfer to be announced once the semester is up.

SC State or similar probably just got one helluva player. Always wonder what would happen if the coaches just trusted him enough to give him a shot. Maybe Q. Christian knows the playbook, but what's the point if he's missing tackles and not aggressive enough to actually make and complete a tackle. Same goes for alot of our LB's.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess on Lateek

Oct 7, 2012, 5:41 PM

I'm not in a position to know anything here but I would be disappointed if this is true. Not saying it is or isnt just stating my feelings. I always expected him to be a player like blanks and it just hasn't happened

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heck, Blanks, could step it up too.***

Oct 7, 2012, 5:45 PM

Re: Heck, Blanks, could step it up too.

Oct 7, 2012, 5:58 PM

yeah starting as a true freshman made a key play against BC. A real slacker. unreal post

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quite an assumption

Oct 7, 2012, 5:42 PM

Mr. Insider

Re agree as I haven't seen anything from the others to be

Oct 7, 2012, 5:44 PM

excited about.

Child, please.***

Oct 7, 2012, 5:44 PM

had a thigh bruise and didn't dress due to injury

Oct 7, 2012, 5:45 PM

sorry to ruin your theories.

"Injury report: Clemson enters its bye week relatively healthy, although several key players limped off the field Saturday. Senior tight end Brandon Ford suffered a left ankle/foot injury and had his foot in a walking boot afterward. Sophomore defensive tackle DeShawn Williams limped off the field in the second half but returned. Sophomore cornerback Bashaud Breeland left the game with a right ankle injury, hobbling off the field in the second quarter and eventually to the locker room. He returned for the second half. Sophomore linebacker Lateek Townsend did not dress for the game with a thigh bruise, but watched from the sideline in jersey and shorts. He has played mainly on special teams this season."

http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2012/oct/06/tajh-boyd-carving-out-big-place-clemson-record-boo/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't confuse the poor guy with facts

Oct 7, 2012, 5:48 PM

That's un americun

Ding ding ding....TCI reported this yesterday***

Oct 7, 2012, 5:48 PM [ in reply to had a thigh bruise and didn't dress due to injury ]

Re: Ding ding ding....TCI reported this yesterday***

Oct 7, 2012, 6:00 PM

I am friends with a group of older guys that work at Clemson and here is what I was told. First he has is a deep thigh bruise and that is why he did not play. The staff really likes him. He plays with a lot of emotion and they get’s him into trouble sometimes. He gets so excited he forgets his responsibility and just reacts to what he see’s instead of playing with discipline and doing his job. As a result he over runs plays. I agree that if that if they are going to score points on us let him play, but that is what I heard. I do not claim to be in the know about everything but that is what I was told. I have my own opinion which is to let him play. However for us to win we have to out score everyone in a big way. That is a lot of pressure on the offense. Any points we can keep off the board is a plus.

Re: had a thigh bruise and didn't dress due to injury

Oct 7, 2012, 5:53 PM [ in reply to had a thigh bruise and didn't dress due to injury ]

You can have a plane, you can have security, but mr. President you can't have you own facts.

Re: Dwyane Allen

Oct 7, 2012, 5:54 PM [ in reply to had a thigh bruise and didn't dress due to injury ]

was almost always in a walking boot. never slowed him down. Hang in there Ford

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic