Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Dabo and "TheChad" make a bad call on DW redshirt?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,096

Did Dabo and "TheChad" make a bad call on DW redshirt?

Nov 16, 2014, 8:39 PM

So these two are determined to have a quarterback run like Marshawn Lynch in order to operate 99% of Chads offense. Insert a skinny DW in at QB and run him like a fullback and injury is inevitable. He's played less than half a year and suffered 2 broken bones and now an ACL. Who didn't see that coming? I personally think they really screwed up not redshirting him this year. Possibly screwed up to the point where an incredible athlete might not ever complete a full collegiate season. If his confidence isn't shattered by now it's a miracle. I really liked watching him play but now it doesn't seem like he will ever survive a full season. We all know Cole is as bad as a QB can be but I think they really should have put more thought into DW's future. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Dabo and "TheChad" make a bad call on DW redshirt?

Nov 16, 2014, 8:54 PM

he was not hit on the play...hurt when he cut...running like a full back...a stupid statement

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 8:56 PM

That is what opens up the offense for the downfield stuff. They have to respect the QB as a runner and can't just sit on the routes being run by our receivers. GT could not stop it. If he doesn't get hurt we win that game by 3 TDs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 9:04 PM

A rushing quarterback is most effective when you don't expect it. Yes you are correct in saying that a run game opens up the deep ball but that's why we have RBs on the team. Watson has proven he's more than capable of being a pocket passer. Off topic but still a valid point. The topic is a discussion of a failed decision to develope a teenager into a NFL caliber QB or to insert him into a RB role 1st, QB role 2nd offensive scheme and run him like he's a fullback.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st goal of T-Net fan is to win now, 2nd is player wellbeing***

Nov 16, 2014, 9:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Dabo and "TheChad" make a bad call on DW redshirt? ]

Exactly which of our stud running backs are getting it done for us?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 9:42 PM

"JANE, YOU IGNORANT SLUT!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 11:22 PM

Wonder why The Patriots aren't using Tom Brady like a rented mule! Watson reads the defense good and throws the ball great. Why not call the same plays for Watson that you call for Stoudt, and then when Watson runs, it will catch the defense off guard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2014, 11:24 PM

Did you really just compare our true freshman QB to one of the greatest QB's in NFL history?

Maybe it's because Brady has a NFL offensive line, Rob Gronkowski, a running back who is playing lights out tonight, and did I mention he is one of the best in NFL history?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,096
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic