Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Details on the Clock Issue at Duke? I missed it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Details on the Clock Issue at Duke? I missed it

Feb 19, 2015, 12:19 AM

Tia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Details on the Clock Issue at Duke? I missed it

Feb 19, 2015, 12:28 AM

Dook ran out of timeouts at the 2-min mark and needed some help.....Plus their 8-scholarship players needed the 5-min breaks to rest.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Details on the Clock Issue at Duke? I missed it

Feb 19, 2015, 7:36 AM

Why Do.they only have 8 when K can get who he wants

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These two vids sum it up nicely

Feb 19, 2015, 8:29 AM

even though the picture quality sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwzRU8Uy330

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5btBUrV8Dac

also, duck fuke

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson-Duke Clock Incident Revisited (2008 C&P)

Feb 19, 2015, 8:38 AM

Friday, January 18, 2008 at 7:30 by admin

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/10502/clemson-duke-clock-incident-revisited/

The ACC front office acknowledged an error was made, and so to in some respects has David McClure.

Coordinator of Officials John Clougherty issued a statement recognizing a crucial officiating error in the Jan. 25 Clemson-Duke game at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

According to television replays, a mistake by the clock operator and officials allowed Duke approximately two extra seconds to run a play that resulted in the Blue Devils defeating the Tigers 68-66 on a last-second shot.

“The league acknowledges that a timing error was made in not starting the game clock at the correct time, when the ball was stolen by Clemson’ Vernon Hamilton off the in-bounded pass from Duke’s Josh McRoberts,” Clougherty said in a press release.

“We came to this conclusion after completing a review of the game film as well as internal conversations with the crew of officials, both head coaches and conference office staff. At this point, as with most league officiating matters, this situation has been handled and resolved internally.”

The clock stopped after a made basket, reading 5.0 seconds following Hamilton’s converted driving layup that cut Duke’s lead to 66-63.

It read 1.8 following Hamilton’s 3-pointer from the top of the key that tied the game at 66-66. But officials Tom Lopes, John Cahill and Mike Kitts watched replays of the sequence on a courtside television monitor and determined the clock should have read that 4.4 seconds remained.

Television replays, however, showed that the clock did not start when Hamilton touched the ball, but once the ball entered the cylinder of the basket. It also showed that the clock kept running when it should have stopped once the ball on Hamilton’s three fell through the basket.

ESPN superimposed its own clock on the screen and discovered an additional two seconds should have run off the clock during Hamilton’s steal and made shot. The play should have begun with 2.4 seconds remaining.

The ruling was important because Duke used nearly all of the 4.4 seconds for Jon Scheyer to dribble just beyond half-court, pass to a cutting McClure in the free throw lane, whose floater was released just before time expired. McClure’s field goal gave Duke the victory.

McClure doesn’t think anything was taken away from his dramatic moment.

“Not really,” he said Friday afternoon at Cameron. “I mean, it turned out the way it did. It was controversy but it was in our favor. It’s something that whether it’s questioned or no matter how many times people look at it they can’t take away the outcome.”

They can’t, but it’s not forgotten by either side.

Tigers’ coach Oliver Purnell said the miscue isn’t why Clemson lost.

“I have not thought about last year’s game very often,” he said. “The situation with the clock has been talked about a lot and I understand that. But, it did not cost us the game, it cost us an opportunity to win in overtime.”

Duke senior captain DeMarcus Nelson vividly and fondly remembers the game. Asked if he thinks Clemson’s players remember it like he does, Nelson there’s no doubt the Tigers do.

“They probably feel like they were cheated or whatever about that game,” he said. “There were a lot of things going on about the clock, (but) this is a new year, these are two new teams and it’s about us going out there and continuing our progress as a team.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic