Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defensive Comparisons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,101

Defensive Comparisons

Dec 15, 2015, 9:46 AM

Not sure if this has been posted or not. I was doing some research and found this interesting.

Clemson has faced 4 defenses ranked in the top 20. Clemson's is ranked 7.

Oklahoma has not faced a defense ranked in the top 50, and theirs is ranked 31 - the highest in the Big 12.

Looking at their offense, they have an elite QB, RB and (1) WR. It seems to me that taking away their RB leaves 1 quality receiver to cover. If I'm BV I'm licking my chops and not seeing a whole lot of difference from last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Defensive Comparisons

Dec 15, 2015, 9:50 AM

none in the top 50? wow. The good news is we move the ball against top defenses (BC). I am worried about OU's weapons, but I think we can neutralize them enough. I see a tight first half, and then ball-control domination with DW4 & Wayne the second half as their defense gets gassed

Dec 15, 2015, 9:53 AM

Our D has faced the likes of Dalvin Cook, Elisha Hood, C.J. Prosise and survived. And with the exception of a few "chunk" plays SHUT THEM DOWN. We will be rested, come out with a chip on our shoulder, (Our guys hear all the doubters out there) and will STUFF the run, leave their #1 receiver on Alexander Island and will, beat the breaks off of Oklahoma.

And I hope Bama beats Michigan and we STUFF Derek Henry and show the world who should have won the Heisman!!!

Go Tigers

Dec 15, 2015, 10:02 AM

I posted this yesterday--specific to OU rushing stats only, in comparison to who we've played and who they've played.

It should be noted, to be fair, that they have played a top 50 Defense...Akron finished 17th in total defense.

I'm actually more concerned about our offensive production against their D at this stage...I think their D might actually be really, really good. I'm going to do a CU offense vs. OU defense stat post in the coming days to delve into that a bit more. I think all are assuming shootout and I'm starting to think the stats might indicate more of a defensive battle...

Where is birdawg OU fan from last night?

Dec 15, 2015, 10:26 AM

with his hit -n- miss ANALysis? Certainly he's got some Landthief spin this.

Spin this Boomers: We tattooed L's on the heads of #8, #9 and #11 IN THE CURRENT, end season poll.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Dec 15, 2015, 10:36 AM

Hard to compare the defenses statistically. Our defense has better stats against lesser offenses so on paper we should look better. Same is true for their offense vs ours. I think the gap between their offense and our defense is smaller than the gap between thier defense and our offense, my concern is special teams. Don't know if the advantage in offenses vs defenses will be enough to cover for special teams. Hopefully the break will help correct some things to minimize the gap or remove It all together.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic