Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer UConn. Feel free to take BC, Syracuse and Pitt with you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Deer UConn. Feel free to take BC, Syracuse and Pitt with you

Jun 27, 2019, 2:58 PM

back to the Big East. My feelings wouldn't be hurt if the ACC dropped back to 11 and brought WVU in as the 12th member.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer UConn. Feel free to take BC, Syracuse and Pitt with you

Jun 27, 2019, 3:02 PM

booo. no.

There is a reason why WV is in the B12 because no one this side of the Mississippi wanted to play in their sandbox for goooooood reason.

I am fine with Pitt, Cuse, BC in the ACC. I just wish they split the divisions into Narwf and Goodguys.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:07 PM

I’m good with Pitt, Syracuse and Boston College. They look a lot better on the schedule than some others might. AND .. they are on the Atlantic Coast,! Louisville, not so much for a variety of reasons. But I do enjoy the Bourbon Trail so I’ll keep them.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:11 PM

They look good on the basketball schedule. Football Not so much anymore.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:14 PM

"They look good on the basketball schedule. Football Not so much anymore."

BC & Syracuse were the highest ranked ACC opponents we played last year, and we played Pitt in the ACC Championship. In order for your statement to have any legitimacy, we need the rest of the conference to get their crap together.

the SEC should take WVU because "flagship." LOL. like the coots. ***

Jun 27, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer UConn. Feel free to take BC, Syracuse and Pitt with you ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 27, 2019, 3:11 PM

No way...

I can somewhat see Syracuse since they're really more in the "B1G" region and I'm not sure how sustainable their current football situation is...but both Pitt and BC have the potential for consistently successful programs.

Every year Clemson plays @ Boston College, the preseason always has several threads with people asking what they should do on their road trip to Boston. As a native Bay Stater I'm certainly biased, but I think many would call BC the best away trip of any regular opponent we have.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:15 PM

I’m ok with that as long as the ACC tells Notre Dame to sack up and join full time. Forget West ######

Jun 27, 2019, 3:19 PM

I’m ok with that as long as the ACC tells Notre Dame to sack up and join full time. Forget West ######

. Having ND as a partial member puts several million in CUs pocket every year so unless you can make up the difference the answer is no

Disagree

Jun 27, 2019, 3:20 PM

BC, Syracuse and Pitt have been great members of the ACC. Each has great history and tradition in football, unlike UConn. UConn doesn't even have their own football field... they rent a field nearby. They also created their own rivalry with UCF, without consent and to the bafflement of UCF. They tried to manufacture history and meaning to their program where none exists.

Doug Flutie, Dan Marino, Jim Brown, Donovan McNabb, Tony Dorsett and Luke Kuechly need no introductions. But name me one dude that has ever played football at UCONN without using a search engine.

And with regards to WV, I don't think the ACC wants them due to their less than stellar academic credentials.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This upcoming season....

Jun 27, 2019, 3:33 PM

Syracuse concerns me more than A&M. They have shown us all that they belong and this year is a road game. I think that BC has one of the best young coaches in college football and they will continue to improve. I believe Pitt was the last team to win in Death Valley so don’t tell me that they don’t belong. The ACC is close to being as good as most other leagues and I am good with that.

Get teams like UNCC and Wofford etc off the schedule and the Tigers will be even better. Other than money, there is no sound reason to play Charlotte college. Marshall, Tulsa,VMI, Rutgers and a host of others would be better opponents... imo. Strange that no one has called me about an AD job!

This makes no sense

Jun 27, 2019, 3:41 PM

VMI is FCS and we already have one on the schedule. Charlotte might be able to beat Rutgers right now anyway and Marshall and Tulsa are both lower level G5’s just like Charlotte.

Already have 2 SEC teams on the schedule and have to play one of the SC smaller schools every year and nobody is doing 3 P5 OOC’s. Better to pay a local school than some random school in WV or OK to travel to take a butt whooping.

Re: This makes no sense

Jun 27, 2019, 8:20 PM

At the end of the year you will hear PLENTY about playing Charlotte. I promise you.

I’d much rather have a win over Rutgers or Wyoming or UTEP regardless of their conference or record. It just sounds better! I would love to see the Tigers play one of the service academies every year. That’s a natural I think.

Re: This makes no sense

Jun 27, 2019, 8:38 PM

Wyoming is going to be FCS this year too. We’d catch a lot more #### for playing 2 FCS teams than Charlotte. Our non conference schedule is pretty untouchable as far as playoff contenders are concerned. And if we’re a 0-1 loss ACC champ we’ll be in the CFP no questions asked barring the 4 other conference champs going undefeated which would be a first.

wvu? Seriously?

Jun 27, 2019, 3:47 PM

Hell NO!!

wvu brings nothing to the table.

The 3 schools you want to get rid of at least have academics and coverage in strong recruiting areas.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:52 PM

Bad idea. Good thing you’re just a fan and can’t do any serious harm

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic