Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Swinneyed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,925

Dabo Swinneyed

Apr 20, 2014, 8:37 AM

Love the way this whole FFRF thing is playing in our natural favor. I am not a devout Christian to put it mildly , but the entire stinking charade of this group's creation is pitiful grandstanding and nothing more.
Swinney has to be loving the free publicity and a few recruits who didnt look hard at Clemson now may have the second thought thing going on. Mommas all over the recruiting base should take notice , Dabo is a godly man and preaches family and responsibility.
It is recruiting gold .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

never thought of it that way

Apr 20, 2014, 9:21 AM

However, I've only watched FOX news and they defend our program. haven't been watching cnn or cbs to see what their stand is. we could be getting negative publicity from those networks. mainly liberal

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: never thought of it that way

Apr 20, 2014, 9:32 AM

Well as they say in America , there is NO SUCH thing as bad publicity. I think the general feeling is that these people are harrassing us and making a stink over nothing , really.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

It's all about POLITICS.....

Apr 20, 2014, 11:40 AM

...this has far less to do with restricting religion than it does about expanding the LIBERAL BASE for DEMOCRATS.

Plain & simple.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Swinneyed

Apr 20, 2014, 9:32 AM

"Mommas all over the recruiting base should take notice , Dabo is a godly man and preaches family and responsibility. It is recruiting gold."

Except for all those Mommas who don't share Dabo's religion. Keep in mind, the FFRF made Dabo's religious practice seem forced on the football players. We all know that's not true. But there's another side to the perception the FFRF put out there and shining a light on it may not work in our favor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2014, 9:37 AM

Agreed. However , our recruiting base is the south, and in most cases the ruralistic bible belt . If you want to tell me that there are a few mommas out there that don't go the way of Christianity I believe that , but I would say the higher percentage is heavily in Dabo's corner. Something to the effect of 98% if I had to hazard a guess.
The mommas that do not favor that can send their kids to ...well I don't care.

DB23

Apr 20, 2014, 9:46 AM

And as we all know and respect the US Constitution , the Supreme Court has strongly backed the rights of worship in public institutions , as well as the right to choose not to worship if you do not want to.
It comes down to a deadlock as far as the law sees it. You can do so , or choose not to do so ...your choice as an individual in America.
If the FFRF can find anyone that will say they were coerced or forced to participate , that is when I will worry about it becoming anything more than national pub for my Tigers.

DB23

Well Said

Apr 20, 2014, 10:08 AM

Nothing will come of this but good. Just watch how God can turn a bad situation into something for his Glory. Example: St. Paul. Wrote half of the new testament after persecuting Christians his whole life. then was murdered for his faith. Personally, I think God salivates at the thought of situations like this to help his followers

Or except for the mommas who care more about the football

Apr 20, 2014, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinneyed ]

program than the religion of a coach. If I was a recruit, Dabo's religion (or any coach's religion) would not be a factor at all in where I went to school.

Re: Or except for the mommas who care more about the football

Apr 20, 2014, 11:24 AM

Well Coot, I guess USuC loses in both sides of that then. 5 years doesn't make a program significant.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no!***

Apr 20, 2014, 11:38 AM

Also 5 years would be significant to recruits considering

Apr 20, 2014, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Or except for the mommas who care more about the football ]

they will only be there for 4 or 5 years.

Re: Also 5 years would be significant to recruits considering

Apr 20, 2014, 12:49 PM

Any significant championships in those 5 years? Crickets...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinneyed ]

That will always be the case. There's going to be 'mommas' who have their own best interest in mind or simply don't care. The majority of those 'mommas' aren't the legal guardians at this point anyway.

The timing couldn't be better either.

Apr 20, 2014, 11:15 AM

The new media are looking for an Easter Story and this one couldn't have shown up at a better time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,925
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic