Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D Tackle issues
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,448

D Tackle issues

Sep 7, 2019, 8:07 PM

This concerns me a bit moving forward. So bad that we have had to change the defense.

I do not think anyone can challenge us in conference, but playoffs will be tough on the defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D Tackle issues

Sep 7, 2019, 8:12 PM

We pay an assistant coach, defensive coordinator, and head coach to recruit, develop, and coach this position. I believe all of these people are the most competent in their roles in the country. We just dominated the No12 team in the country by 3 TDS with the starters. Why are you concerned?

Sep 7, 2019, 8:14 PM

Great teams can exploit this is why. BV may be in the midst of his most masterful job yet. Yes we have the best in the business, but joes up front matter.

Don’t get me wrong just a concern WAY down the road.

there was a dry spot of turf near the 20 yard line

Sep 7, 2019, 8:13 PM

towards the west end-zone. Perhaps you should worry about that. It will get you the same result. SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

BV wanting to use an extra safety

Sep 7, 2019, 8:15 PM

to shot down Mond. GD some of you guys whine about anything your little minds can think up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BV wanting to use an extra safety

Sep 7, 2019, 8:17 PM

Clemson's D a work in progress. I'd say they are progressing very nicely. :)

Re: BV wanting to use an extra safety

Sep 7, 2019, 8:17 PM [ in reply to BV wanting to use an extra safety ]

We did it last week against GT dude. Had notheing to do with A&M. Ido not think this is the case. I think it is lack of DT depth.

Great win and the D played great

You serious Clark?

Sep 7, 2019, 8:19 PM

:-

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Sep 7, 2019, 8:22 PM

I was concerned last week about lb play but they looked good today. I think our d line will be fine but let's face the facts that we are 2-0 and we still have not played a complete game on both sides of the ball,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 8:36 PM

We just held the 12 rated team to a field goal when it mattered in the 2 game of the season and you're worried? U know nothing about football.

I think it’s just the lack of Dex,CW,Cle, and AB

Sep 7, 2019, 10:57 PM

Not being on the field. We were spoiled. This group will get better as time goes on. They did well tho all around. I noticed the same thing but as the game wore on and they only had 3 pts I figured the positives far outweigh the negatives. Made more plays than they missed.

Sep 8, 2019, 12:59 AM

I feel confident that a couple of players that aren't playing much if at all yet will emerge as the season goes along and by playoff time will be quite competent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

enjoy the win, would ya?***

Sep 8, 2019, 2:06 AM

Sep 8, 2019, 2:51 AM

Yeah, gonna look different when you dont have 4 draftees and 3 first rounders playing on the same line. Issues? They gave up 3 pts until the last 9seconds. I agree they shouldn't have allowed that last score but if we have issues???, Then im sure there are about 119 other FBS teams that wish they had our issues. Maybe Bama, OSU, maybe Uga, and some outlier like TCU, Stanford, Mich, but many wish they had our issues.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:59 AM

I'll give you peace of mind with my not so educated opinion.

BV ran a 3 man front to put more speed on the field to contain 2 athletic QBs that rely on their legs heavily.

Also will probably continue to run 3 man fronts until the young DTs that are freshman start to mature as the season goes on. As it stands now only 3 DTs had any real playing experience and knew how to prepare for a game prior to the season. By game 10 if things go the way they have in the past at least 3 freshman will have gained tremendous amount of pt and experience. Then in the playoffs depending on who Clemson has they can roll out any front they want.

In short it's not a depth issue it's an experience issue. No lack of talent to be had imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,448
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic