Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cornell Powell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 5,183

Cornell Powell

Dec 26, 2016, 9:17 PM

Merry Christmas

Go Tigers!

???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Dec 26, 2016, 9:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cornell Powell

Dec 26, 2016, 9:27 PM

Tell me Captain Kelly, do we have some top secret plays for OSU or the Natty that will expose the greatness that is Cornell Powell for the whole wide world to see?!

Im just dying to know!!!

Dec 26, 2016, 9:44 PM

> Tell me Captain Kelly, do we have some top secret
> plays for OSU or the Natty that will expose the
> greatness that is Cornell Powell for the whole wide
> world to see?!
>
> Im just dying to know!!!

Nah, Dabo has recruited well enough that we could get to the Playoffs and beat Ohio St without using his secret weapon until we play Bama.

He's saving him for Saban as payback for the onside kick last year.

Fake to Gallman in the flats, fake to Renfrow on his white ninja double move over the middle to draw the safety, & DW4 drops a bomb to Cornell Powell as he runs past the safety up the seam.

We'll call it:

Double fake, White, Ninja Train, Top Gun, Rainmaker, Flyby, Playmaker...

On 2, Ready, Break!

Go Tigers!

???

PS- You're Welcome

Dec 26, 2016, 9:27 PM

Whoever gave me the thumbs up, thank you.

Whoever gave me the thumbs down, sorry you don't like Cornell Powell or Christmas.

Even the the Grinch liked Christmas lol

Feliz Navidad

Go Tigers!

???

Dec 27, 2016, 8:54 AM

CP17 gonna have a break out game!

Dec 27, 2016, 10:06 AM

http://www.goupstate.com/sports/20161214/tigers-hope-to-keep-offense-rolling-after-break

Elliott addressed the issue of losing sophomore receiver Trevion Thompson, who despite not having big statistical numbers has played at least 18 snaps in every game but two this season.... but also a chance for freshman Cornell Powell to thrive.

Powell, from Greenville, N.C., was one of the standouts of last year’s Shrine Bowl with 264 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns.

Losing Thompson “is big because we’re trying to push that snap count up toward 80 and we like to roll two guys at each position,” Elliott said...."One of the guys we think is ready to do it is Powell. He’s kind of moved in there and is the guy we’re pushing right now.”

You give Cornell Powell 18 snaps against the 3rd or 4th best cover guy on the field and he will make an impact, IMO. Might even score a touchdown or 2.

Go Tigers!

???

Dec 27, 2016, 10:14 AM

jch81 won't like this..

If he gets a chance to play a lot of snaps, I guarantee you will hear his name. As long as he is comfortable with the speed of the game and knows what's going on, he could absolutely make an impact. He's going to be another NFL draft pick, and already has the tools that will translate to a long career. He has the tools, size and speed. It's amazing as a true freshmen, only Mike Williams, Deon and Artavis have better tools than him, and by the time he is here for a few years he will be dominating.

Dec 29, 2016, 7:46 AM

I'm not doubting Powell is good. I think he will be a great receiver. I just think its naive to think after limited playing time the majority of the year he's all of a sudden going to start playing 40 snaps a game and start blowing up against the two best teams we will play all year.

Replies: 8
| visibility 5,183
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic