Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz predictions

Aug 20, 2016, 1:37 PM

I do think that nate may have got in conors head but regardless, i think conor will come out with the win tonight. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz predictions

Aug 20, 2016, 1:42 PM

I say Conor, but I said Conor last time.

Ordered the fight last time and I swear I thought McGregor was going to break Diaz's face in the first round.

Diaz has always been known to get better after taking a beating, and I think McGregor thought he was going to crumble like all the other ones he's knocked out.

I'll say McGregor in the third

Aug 20, 2016, 1:49 PM

DIAZ.

You can't learn Brazilian jiu jitsu in 3 months. Conor got submitted faster than I've seen teenage purple belts. If it goes to the ground, or the distance for that matter, it weighs heavily in Diaz's favor

The size and jitz says Nate Diaz...not sold yet though

Aug 20, 2016, 2:00 PM

Motor Mouth McGregor can fight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2016, 2:03 PM

Diaz via sub

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2016, 2:05 PM

Hopefully Diaz

Aug 20, 2016, 2:13 PM

All it takes is for in punch, or one arm bar. I believe there is always a chance for anyone to win, but Diaz beat him once hard to argue that he dont do it tonight.

Nasty Nate!!!!

Aug 20, 2016, 2:23 PM

By decision.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CM in the 2nd

Aug 20, 2016, 2:26 PM

He should have gotten Nate last time, and didn't hold at one moment and cost him.

I thought he had points last match, until tapping.

Have to think both are over confident, but I think CM appears to prepare better. Entourage of members training him. Should be a good one though. CM has definitely made the UFC game something to see. Boxing needs a rebound of heavyweights - but these scrappy dudes are entertaining.

Aug 20, 2016, 2:36 PM

Diaz. I don't think McGregor can beat someone he doesn't have the length advantage on. The fact that Diaz has the advantage on the ground and has a full camp this time is just icing on the cake.

What a great fight last night!

Aug 21, 2016, 9:24 AM

Couldn't of asked for a better show. Conor had the chance to put him away but Diaz hung in there like a warrior. Hats off to both guys. Both are true fighters and both faught their tales off. Money well spent

Re: What a great fight last night!

Aug 21, 2016, 9:40 AM

Definitely a great card & enjoyable evening. I wish the Johnson fight would have lasted longer though. And honestly, I think they had to give that fight to Conor just to set up the even bigger payday for their second rematch. I've seen a lot of people on Facebook this morning claiming Conor "beat his a$$"... That couldn't be farther from the truth. Neither fighter could finish the other but Conor ran out of gas in the 3rd round, he spent the last 10 minutes surviving. The Diaz brothers always bleed and take damage, that's their MO. But I've never seen a fighter literally running away from their adversary for 3 rounds, getting saved by the bell on their backs and still win the decision. Someone was thinking future match-up / money with those scorecards for sure. Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Go tigers!

Aug 21, 2016, 4:15 PM

In the beginning, when Conor knocked Diaz off of his feet 3 times with a combo of overhand lefts to the face and that nasty front leg kick, Conor was beating Diaz's a$$. No question about it. He was handling Diaz with no problem in the early stages. If McGregor wasn't so cocky, he would have finished Diaz off. Diaz even acknowledged that after the fight, he said "Conor should have finished me".

Diaz never fazed McGregor. He never stunned him or landed a big punch. He tried to take him down at the end but couldn't even do that. It was a dog fight at the end, but there's no question who won the fight.

There's never been a decision where somebody wins for taking somebody down in the last round when both fighters are gassed. I think the judges put a lot more stock in to those early rounds when they were both brawling and throwing punches, and McGregor was whooping that a$$

Aug 21, 2016, 4:17 PM

I wonder if McGregor goes back down for next fight or if the go ahead and do the 3rd to break the tie.

Aug 21, 2016, 4:38 PM

Dana White said if McGregor wants to keep his belt he has to defend it. I'd say he fights someone for the title next.

Plus he said Diaz has to meet him at 155 for a 3rd fight, which is going to take a while for Diaz. Plenty of time in between that for McGregor to put on another show

Take long to make weight?

Aug 21, 2016, 6:06 PM

Diaz has fought his entire career at 155. With the exception of twice before Connor. Once with Rory McDonald, once with the Korean Zombie.

He typically doesn't fight 170 due to his brother fighting in that division...

Re: Take long to make weight?

Aug 21, 2016, 6:18 PM

Well originally there was suppose to be a catch weight, but Diaz couldn't make it. It's really irrelevant what he's fought at in the past, he couldnt meet at a catch weight for the first one so it's been set at 170.

So yeah, it will take him a while to make that weight. Plus, Diaz isn't in any hurry to get back in there right now. His face can't handle much more of that

Yeah he couldn't make 155

Aug 21, 2016, 7:35 PM

For the first fight bc he took it on 10 days notice.

Connor wanted to run the second fight back at 170...

I def think Connor should fight at 155...he is a huge 145 and has hard time making that weight.

Aug 22, 2016, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Take long to make weight? ]

I don't think Diaz cares about his face. He seems to like the beating. It is obvious that he would struggle to get down now that he is getting older. He is much bigger than McGregor. I do think McGregor defends his belt next. Aldo probably gets another shot.

Aug 22, 2016, 2:21 PM

No doubt he doesn't care about his face. Or his brain. Or his speech. He takes straight beatings.

I don't understand why they are giving the guy that lasted 13 seconds another shot right now. I wish they would go ahead and give McGregor the dos Anos fight and let him be champion in 2 different divisions.

Dos Anjos

Aug 22, 2016, 2:41 PM

Has already lost the belt to Eddie Alvarez...

I think that would be an interesting fight. Alvarez vs Connor

Take long to make weight?

Aug 21, 2016, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: What a great fight last night! ]

Diaz has fought his entire career at 155. With the exception of twice before Connor. Once with Rory McDonald, once with the Korean Zombie.

He typically doesn't fight 170 due to his brother fighting in that division...

Aug 21, 2016, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: What a great fight last night! ]

I can tell you're a Conor fan by your response but objectively, take a look at the actual statistics published today:

330: Combined significant strikes landed by McGregor (166) and Diaz (164), the second most significant strikes landed by two fighters in a UFC bout. The most? Diaz and Donald Cerrone combined to land 334 significant strikes at UFC 141.

252: Total strikes landed by Diaz. By comparison, McGregor landed 197. Diaz outlanded his foe 51 to 36 in round two, 79 to 37 in round three and 49 to 34 in round five. McGregor, meanwhile, outlanded Diaz 34 to 25 in round one and 56 to 48 in round four.

3: Knockdowns landed by McGregor in the first two stanzas. The Irishman floored his foe once in the opening frame and twice in round two.

50: Significant strikes to the body landed by Diaz. McGregor landed 26.

40: Significant leg strikes landed by McGregor. By comparison, Diaz landed 9.

77: Significant strikes in the clinch landed by Diaz. McGregor, meanwhile, landed 27.

137: Significant strikes at distance for McGregor. Diaz landed 88 significant strikes at range.

1: Takedown landed in seven attempts for Diaz, who finally got McGregor to the canvas late in the fifth round. McGregor failed on his lone takedown try.

With the stats in front of you, coupled with Conor basically walking away the last 10 minutes (thus Diaz "controlling octagon"), you can see that it should have been 3 rounds Diaz, 2 rounds McGregor. Typically when a fighter avoids fighting, he will be penalized a point.

The second rematch was set up before the bell even rang in last night's fight. Sure, it was a battle, but it's not hard to understand why Diaz believed he won that fight. If you don't know the scoring system or watch enough fights, all you see is knock-downs and blood. It's not so black and white.

Aug 22, 2016, 9:42 AM

So you know more about UFC scoring than the judges do?

McGregor had more significant strikes in every round

Aug 22, 2016, 2:25 PM

except round 3.

The "running for 10 minutes" is completely inaccurate

Aug 22, 2016, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: What a great fight last night! ]

CMoney, please get familiar:

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/the-many-problems-with-ufc-judging-by-kenny-florian-100713

The inherent flaws with the UFC "10-point" judging system is well known & documented. And once you understand that points are scored on offensive actions, and look at the striking statistics, an argument could easily be made on every card to go in Diaz's favor. Similarly, "octagon control" (or "cage control") was in Diaz's favor all 5 rounds. The biggest issue is that "controlling the pace" is confusing.

Bad judging appears in all sports but I'm just saying, it's pervasive in UFC. There's a reason why Dana White always says, "never leave it in the hand of the judges." And in a case like McGregor / Diaz, where they're crushing PPV numbers and raking in multi-million revenue shares, why not send them to a second rematch, right? If the judges' cards were unanimously in favor of one fighter, or there were multiple 10-8 rounds (there was neither), then there would be no grounds to have a differing opinion from what you're saying. Regardless, great battle and I look forward to their next encounter. I think McGregor is smart in finally realizing, even in victory, that the 170lb weight class isn't where he should spend the rest of his career. Nate is realistically the #6 best fighter in the lightweight division (155lb) and has about as much business fighting at 170 as Conor does. They're both lightweights and should have fought at 155lbs to begin with. But trust me when I say that Eddie Alvarez, Khabib, Dos Anjos... Literally all of them would beat Nate and Conor both.

that's not entirely true

Aug 21, 2016, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: What a great fight last night! ]

Conor got a 2nd wind and clearly won round 4

Hagler got robbed by Sugar Ray- Don King fight.***

Aug 22, 2016, 3:45 AM [ in reply to Re: What a great fight last night! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UFC is for men who didn't get enough hugs from mom and dad***

Aug 21, 2016, 5:48 PM

here's what I wrote about the fight on another forum

Aug 21, 2016, 6:23 PM

####### epic fight tonight between Diaz and McGregor. There were so many momentum shifts. McGregor showed that he is a 100% better fighter now than he was when he lost to Diaz the 1st time. Tremendous defense to stave off Diaz's takedown attempts despite being dead tired late in the fight.

Round 1: McGregor domination. Came out guns blazing just like the first fight. Was teeing off on Diaz's face again and again. Had 2 knockdowns and then refused to go and grapple with Diaz after Diaz was on the ground. McGregor got some nice shots in but Diaz was never in any real danger of being knocked out here, but it did open several cuts on his face,

Round 2: This was the mesh round. The first 2.5 minutes of it was an extension of round 1, with McGregor going batshit on Diaz's face but the second 2.5 minutes was a prequel of what was to come in round 3 with Diaz starting to batter McGregor. This round really showed the strength of Diaz because there was not a single moment where the momentum turned, not one #### or anything, all of a sudden McGregor seemed a bit slower and Diaz grew in strength. This was the closest round and ultimately the one people were debating afterwards.

Round 3: Diaz mauled McGregor all round. It's honestly a wonder that McGregor survived this round. The fact that he did not succumb despite his tiredness really shows his strength and improvement from the 1st fight. Ultimately for Diaz, not finishing things off here ended up costing him the fight.

Round 4: McGregor caught his 2nd wind and bounced back for a big big round victory here. He started tagging Diaz again with his fists and Diaz was having to wipe away blood from his eyes because his faces so cut up and bloody.

Round 5: Diaz bounced back and regained his composure in this round. However this round was fairly even as both men looked dead tired. McGregor's punches did not have any pop behind them and Diaz's takedown attempts were less and less enthusiastic. Diaz ultimately did get a takedown(after McGregor had a very short takedown of his own on Diaz) with like 10 seconds left, it was the first successful one he had all night and McGregor was somewhat saved by the bell and thus Diaz had the momentum heading into the decision and I thought he had wrapped up the win because of that.

In the end the judges ruled 48-47 McGregor, 47-47 Draw and 48-47 McGregor. Majority decision for the Irishman. Ultimately I think this was the correct decision. McGregor's defense on the day. The fact that Diaz was so unsuccessful on the takedown attempts proved to be the difference I think. Also the 3 early knockdowns from McGregor's fists were big in deciding the outcome. I perennially may have scored this bout a draw based on the dual nature of round 2 but McGregor winning is ok. I did not like Diaz before this fight but I gained much respect for him after this one and McGregor showed why he really is a great fighter.

There's no doubt now that this rivalry will become a trilogy.

i think mcgregor wins in 5***

Aug 22, 2016, 9:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 22, 2016, 9:29 AM

Who cares about those affliction wearing clowns? Football starts next week

I wish you'd puch one of those clowns right in the pie hole.***

Aug 22, 2016, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic