Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Colin Cowherd prediction for Urban Meyer, Ohio State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Colin Cowherd prediction for Urban Meyer, Ohio State

Aug 6, 2018, 11:59 AM

"Prediction…Urban keeps job. Brief suspension. Media attacks decision. Buckeyes win a bunch of games. Bama wins natty over Clemson. The end."

— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) August 6, 2018

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Colin Cowherd prediction for Urban Meyer, Ohio State

Aug 6, 2018, 12:03 PM

I think Cattlethrong has the last sentence all wrong. ;)

Here is Colin Cowherd's whole blueprint.

Aug 6, 2018, 12:09 PM

Predict something consistent with what's happened recently.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is Colin Cowherd's whole blueprint.

Aug 6, 2018, 12:23 PM

Doesn't take much balls or thinking on Cattlethrong's part.

Aug 6, 2018, 12:12 PM

Sums it up as far as Urban.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Sounds about right. Hoping for the reverse of that

Aug 6, 2018, 1:03 PM

last part though!

He is right about everything he said there

Aug 6, 2018, 1:05 PM

except the winner of the matchup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 1:25 PM

Domestic violence is never ok but if you destroy Zack Smith and his earning potential what has Courtney Smith really accomplished. She has divorced him and he has lost seeing his kids everyday, he has lost a great family environment and what appears to be a good wife. Unless you have experienced it, Divorces are Hell on Earth and very painful for both parties involved and especially for the kids.

It clear Zack needs court ordered and job required counseling until the courts and his employer feel he no longer needs it. Take more of his pay and give to his ex-wife and kids. But preventing him from coaching will limit his financial resources for his kids futures and their current lifestyle.

Only other option I see is for OSU to kick in with a substantial financial settlement for Courtney Smith and her kids.

And I for Urban Meyer maybe he should be part of that financial settlement allowing him to keep his job and make it clear going forward there will be zero tolerance for the smallest of OSU, NCAA or any other legal or rules violations for Urban Meyer ‘s program as long as he remains at OSU.

It’s one last chance for Urban Meyer to find his moral compass! And UM and Zach Smith should be forced to work with battered and abused women for a minimum of 2 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 1:41 PM

Any man that chokes his wife not once but twice should not be allowed to work around young kids. He needs help but not by retaining his job as a coach

Aug 6, 2018, 4:02 PM

Unfortunately economics have to be considered when young children are involved. I am not try to let Zack Smith, UM or OSU off the hook but any means. Both should have to work with the victims they tried to push aside.

Without a $300,000 to $400,000 a year as a salary would be hard for Zack Smith to replace unless he stays in coaching. And Courtney Smith and her children will need that kind of income to keep the kids environment fairly stable.

Personally, I think Zack Smith needs to have s but whipping every week for at least 12 months. If he were my son in law he would only abused my daughter once. She would not have remained in the relationship. I would see to that one way or another. And my son in law would see he kids under my supervisor after he got out of the hospital. Then at least 50% of his salary would go to my daughter and my grandkids to secure their financial future while I helped my daughter become self sufficient.

Urban Meyer and his mentor who talked Courtney Smith into staying would have been reported to the NCAA the first time he put his hands on his wife and I personally would have filed enough lawsuits to keep them busy in court. If reported and handled properly when the first event happened it’s possible Urban Meyer may never have been hired at OSU. He may have ended his career a FU!

The longer Courtney Smith let Zack get away with Domestic Violence without documenting every event without forcing Zack to serve jail time the harder it is to go back to past events involving domestic abuse and punish Zack Smith

10 years later you now have kids and IMO finances do become a factor in how things are handled, especially if the income is substantial.

Unfortunately, Courtney Smith and her kids are now in a different economic situation with different economic and different financial needs. Things are now much more complicated.

Those of you who do not agree with my post please tell me how you think it should be handled. What should Courtney Smith should do financially short term and long term. To some degree I believe you have to think logically not with emotions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2018, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Colin Cowherd prediction for Urban Meyer, Ohio State ]

Remember nothing is in any police reports or court documents. There considered allegations not fact even though I believe they happened.

Aug 6, 2018, 6:24 PM

He admitted it in a text to her

SO

Aug 6, 2018, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Colin Cowherd prediction for Urban Meyer, Ohio State ]

Domestic violence is never ok but if you destroy Zack Smith and his earning potential what has Courtney Smith really accomplished. She has divorced him and he has lost seeing his kids everyday, he has lost a great family environment and what appears to be a good wife. Unless you have experienced it, Divorces are Hell on Earth and very painful for both parties involved and especially for the kids.

It clear Zack needs court ordered and job required counseling until the courts and his employer feel he no longer needs it. Take more of his pay and give to his ex-wife and kids. But preventing him from coaching will limit his financial resources for his kids futures and their current lifestyle.

Only other option I see is for OSU to kick in with a substantial financial settlement for Courtney Smith and her kids.

And I for Urban Meyer maybe he should be part of that financial settlement allowing him to keep his job and make it clear going forward there will be zero tolerance for the smallest of OSU, NCAA or any other legal or rules violations for Urban Meyer ‘s program as long as he remains at OSU.

It’s one last chance for Urban Meyer to find his moral compass! And UM and Zach Smith should be forced to work with battered and abused women for a minimum of 2 years.

according to that, it would be OK for her to kill him because she could get a big life insurance policy?

Everything is not an economic decision.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 6, 2018, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Colin Cowherd prediction for Urban Meyer, Ohio State ]

Any man the age of Urban Meyer who's still "looking for his moral compass" doesn't deserve another chance.

Aug 6, 2018, 4:06 PM

You may be right. I just find it hard to destroy a people’s careers. He has 10 to 20 years of possibly coaching. Zack Smith longer than that.

Aug 6, 2018, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Colin Cowherd prediction for Urban Meyer, Ohio State ]

Kudzu, I couldn’t agree more. At this point in his life, his “moral compass” is pointing in the right direction, he’s simply ignoring it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After looking at The OSU's Schedule

Aug 6, 2018, 3:04 PM

right after this situation broke, I have said a 4 game suspension.

Oregon State
Rutgers
TCU
Tulane

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: After looking at The OSU's Schedule

Aug 6, 2018, 5:59 PM

It sure how many games he’ll get, but whenever they play penn state....that’s the one he comes back for.

Re: After looking at The OSU's Schedule

Aug 6, 2018, 9:38 PM

I think poetic just would be for OSU to allow Courtney Smith to pick out the games UM is suspended for!

That is if UM keeps his job. There still no guarantees. While domestic violence is a very serious crime it’s not murder so you can’t sentence a person to a life sentence for domestic violence and abuse. And yes Zack Smith may have admitted it in text messages but he can always cover that up with a variety of excuses since he has yet to be legally charged.

The laws need to be changed to allow the police a little more latitude when called out to a home as a result of domestic violence and abuse somebody should go to jail at that time. Don’t make the call if you want make the charge. With all the cell phones etc.. it’s curious as to why CS never recorded any of these episodes??? If not to use then she could use it later.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic