Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson basketball ??, tough year but wow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Clemson basketball ??, tough year but wow

Mar 8, 2017, 5:13 PM

did they have a lot of heart. This team could have easily won 4 to 5 more games this season with a fortunate bounce here or there. 2 losses on last second prayers( Syracuse & Va Tech ) not to mention the UNC game which we hit a free throw with 4 seconds left and that could have been a W. Lost at Cameron by 2 and could not get a shot off to try and win. Other games were very close but those do not come to mind right now.

Tough season but this team fought hard but just couldn't get it done. The ACC is a tough conference and we are definitely not a basketball school so I am sad to see this team struggle to win close games this year, but not surprised by it either. I feel for the guys as I know they gave it all they had but just came up a bit short. The NIT should come calling and with this Tiger team they could make a run and who knows what can happen. ?? bit this year is a understatement!

Go Tigers, best wishes in the NIT should we get that invite.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moral victories don't cut it in year 7

Mar 8, 2017, 5:21 PM

Hate it for the players though.

Yes, my post was primarily player related

Mar 8, 2017, 5:25 PM

So many chances squandered but that is sports. They can't all be winners! As fans we are still only a couple months removed from that Championship. And baseball team is rounding into shape, could be another great year.

Either way I support the teams and wish the players and coaches all the best!

Re: Yes, my post was primarily player related

Mar 8, 2017, 5:29 PM

key words: support the players

coaching is a job, and keeping a job is performance based. i believe 7 yrs is plenty of time to evaluate a programs direction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I pull for them every game regardless

Mar 8, 2017, 5:31 PM

but can we be honest and state the fact we just weren't very good?

The results certainly say we weren't but the games

Mar 8, 2017, 5:40 PM

we're almost entirely competitive. Take Louisville and at FSU away and we are in every single game.

Take that with a grade if slaw, or grain of salt, or polishing a turd. But we had chances and could not get it done.

Playing close and losing means zilch

Mar 8, 2017, 6:00 PM

Honestly, is there any other ACC school where Brad would still have a job? The fact he still does here says all that needs to be said in regards to how little we care about basketball

Why is this so hard for folks to accept? It is the simple

Mar 8, 2017, 6:13 PM [ in reply to I pull for them every game regardless ]

truth - we were not very good. Period. I'm glad we played hard and with heart and were very close to being good, but in the end we WERE NOT GOOD. To believe otherwise is delusional.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

a "bounce here or there" huh...

Mar 8, 2017, 5:44 PM

how about a "rebound or two" or a "Defensive stop" here or there, would be a lot more accurate. Lack of defense and rebounding were the doom of this team from the get go. This is how you lose a lot of games when you have pretty good offensive players. Out.

Re: Clemson basketball ??, tough year but wow

Mar 8, 2017, 5:46 PM

the good news is are mascot is not a chicken

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2017, 5:47 PM

Amen!!!

So many quality losses. We probably have never had so many****

Mar 8, 2017, 6:29 PM

Mar 8, 2017, 7:19 PM

One could easily say they don't have a ton of heart. Brownell had to beg for effort on defense all year. It's time for a change. Brownell is working for Clemson and the players aren't working for him.

loosing close game comes down to coaching***

Mar 8, 2017, 7:32 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic