Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson getting #1 is way more impressive than coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Clemson getting #1 is way more impressive than coots

Jun 16, 2012, 12:01 AM

Getting clownboy. Doodoo grew up a coot fan instate. RN is out of state in Ga and yet we snagged him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson getting #1 is way more impressive than coots

Jun 16, 2012, 12:23 AM

And snagged him from UGA!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Bama, which is more impressive than UGA.***

Jun 16, 2012, 9:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

good luck explaining that to a typical coot***

Jun 16, 2012, 1:05 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2012, 2:00 AM

and we did not offer his parents jobs either, but in all fairness a politician of a doctor would be smarter than to take a job pulling a lever 12 hours a day for a coot booster.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a hypothetical thought here, but

Jun 16, 2012, 2:03 AM

what happens if RN decides to take a visit to another school within the what? Next 7-8 months before signing day isn't it? (Forgive me if that is incorrect, I don't follow recruiting too closely. I'm assuming he's in next year's recruiting class). Will Dabo pull the scholarship like he did with the McDonald kid?

Also, I'm not predicting anything, but like I said above, it's still a good ways away, and I'm pretty sure the kid is going to visit a plethora of schools in the south. What happens if he does de-commit from Clemson, what would your initial reactions be?

I'd just be careful bragging about a kid who's probably not 100% made up his mind. I don't think running your mouth (or making it about South Carolina/Clemson yet again) is going to do any good until his John Hancock is on that paper come signing day.

Valid points,

Jun 16, 2012, 2:15 AM

And yes, no matter what team he decides to go for, it is still months out, so be it Clemson, Bama, LSU, or whoever, I doubt anyone would stop recruiting him. As far as 100% commit goes, no one knows that but Robert, and anything else is speculation. Early commits aren't uncommon for a No. 1 though. See:
Mario Edwards - March 2011
Matt Barkley - Jan 2008

Clowney made a show of it, sure, but not every kid is like that. But just because this is seen as a "shocker" doesn't mean he hasn't made up his mind

Clemson

Im pretty sure if you communicate with Dabo...

Jun 16, 2012, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Just a hypothetical thought here, but ]

That you still plan to visit other schools he is fine with that. The problem is when you say you aren't going to visit and then do without talking to him about it.

Re: Im pretty sure if you communicate with Dabo...

Jun 16, 2012, 7:46 AM

Agreed. I do not agree with alot of things dabo does but pulling mcdonalds offer was the right thing to do. For one, clemson can do better than mcdonald. Also, the people around the kid are bad business. You shouldnt pull commitable offers just because you decide you could have done better. However, if you told the kid and he agreed to no more visits, then he takes visits, well thats the perfect out. Dabo is running a major business. He cant be perfectly nice all the time.

lol now he has you in his top 4, good luck with the bad

Jun 16, 2012, 12:43 PM

People around him, he is all yours

MacDonald had already made the smarta$$ statement

Jun 16, 2012, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Just a hypothetical thought here, but ]

that CU was not where was gonna wind up(and I believe it'll be proven that his coach is shopping him around).

Before you bring up Lane, he was supposed to be at CU the weekend he was at Tn.

See it's not just the visits, stop listening to Kornbutt, he never has his facts right.

If any recruit takes another visit it's not automatic .Did they tell Dabo they still wanted to takes visits at the time of their commitment. Did they contact the staff and tell them it was part of a school trip ? Get your Dirtpecking head out of the dirt and know the facts.

Jun 16, 2012, 2:10 AM

Until we start beating them on the field again,we have nothing at all to brag about!

Jun 16, 2012, 9:22 AM

Clemson has lots to brag about! I doubt you ever live long enough to see the coots have as much to brag about as we do, but it's okay if you don't agree. The pendalum swings, and lately it has been swinging their way. It will swing our way one day, and the world will be right again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We? funny spur61***

Jun 16, 2012, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson getting #1 is way more impressive than coots ]

Yes, but he hasn't signed yet. We all need to settle down.***

Jun 16, 2012, 7:29 AM

Doodoo wasn't going to USuC,

Jun 16, 2012, 8:08 AM

until he was told that he'd have to go to prep school. 2 hours later he was committed to them and diagnosed with a learning disability that teachers and doctors had not seen his whole life.

And he can read***

Jun 16, 2012, 8:49 AM

yes but his HS fb coach was dabo's roomate at bama...

Jun 16, 2012, 9:08 AM

Leave it alone. SC has been recruiting better lately. Lattimore, Clowney...good for them.

Robert choosing CU was about many different things. I'm sure the coach helped but our family environment and the others studs on board as well as our need for immediate help on the dline all made him ours.

We are in the lowly acc and still out recruit them.

Nothing wrong with liking what we are doing in recruiting but give other teams their due even if it sc.

Go tigers!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic