Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU (6-0) vs. Canes (4-2) - Statistics after week 7
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

CU (6-0) vs. Canes (4-2) - Statistics after week 7

Oct 19, 2015, 3:08 PM

Offense
Total O: CU 35 (448.5 ypg) MIAMI 40 (443.8 ypg)
Passing O: CU 30 (267.0 ypg) MIAMI 19 (307.5 ypg)
Rushing O: CU 52 181.5 ypg) MIAMI 102 (136.4 ypg)
3rd down Conversions: CU 41 (43.3%) MIAMI 114 (32.9%)
Scoring Offense: CU 33 (35.2 ppg) MIAMI 44 (33.7 ppg)

Defense
Total D: CU 10 (281.7 ypg) MIAMI 60 (379.3 ypg)
Passing yds allowed: CU 12 (167.5 ypg) MIAMI 52 (212.0 ypg)
Rushing D: CU 22 (114.2 ypg) MIAMI 65 (167.3 ypg)
Team Sacks: CU 36 (15 Total, 2.5/game) MIAMI 36 (15 Total, 2.5/game)
Team Tackles for Loss: CU 4 (56 TTFL, 184 yards, 9.3 TFL/game) MIAMI 87 (33 TTFL, 157 yards, 5.5 TFL/game)
Turnover margin: CU 81 (-0.17, 4 lost fumble; 8 opp. int., 4 fumble rec, 7 int.) MIAMI 1 (2.17, 1 lost fumble; 1 opp. int., 4 fumble rec, 11 int.)
Scoring Defense: CU 14 (16.7 ppg) MIAMI 42 (22.7 ppg)

Miami is 4-2; 4-0 at home with road losses to Cincinnati and FSU. They’ve beat Bethune-Cookman , Florida Atlantic, Nebraska, and this past weekend VT.

This could be an interesting game. We’ve got two offenses that are ranked about the same with a slight numbers advantage to us. Passing offense is about the same number wise, although the ND monsoon game definitely cuts into our passing numbers. Stats say that we should be able to run the ball especially considering that Miami’s leading tackler is out for the season. If they pack the box to stop the run we’ll exploit them with the pass (just ask BC). Scott/Elliot have done a good job of keeping us balanced and exploiting what the D is giving us. Plus DW has a great understanding of the game and makes monster checks. There’s a level of trust between the three of them.

The one thing that really jumps off the page and is a little worrisome is the turnover margin; Miami is ranked #1 and CU #81. We HAVE to protect the ball and limit the mistakes… we can’t give the Cane’s hope by stumbling out of the blocks.

I said it last week, DW still hasn’t had that “wow” game. Take away the interceptions from this past weekend and that was probably the closest that he’s come. He’s still not completely dialed in… but he is so close. He missed a couple of open receivers by only a step or two. WRU was on display this past week and I expect another great show. Peake had arguably his best game against BC and Scott & Cain just plain showed out. Gallman ran hard all night long but there was just nothing there (BC’s front 7 are legit). I think he’ll have a good game and get 100+ yards. Brooks at times looked like his old self, (please spend some time with him on pass protection this week).

Miami typically has a poor crowd but playing the #6 team in the nation will bring a few fans out of the woodwork. I like the fact that it is a noon game, less time for the crowd to get liquored up on Mojitos. The forecast is for scattered showers…so we should feel right at home. Bottom line…protect the ball and we’ll have this game in hand no later than the 3rd quarter.

Prediction: CU 38 MIAMI 21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU (6-0) vs. Canes (4-2) - Statistics after week 7

Oct 19, 2015, 3:52 PM

Nice analysis and appreciate the stats. Kaaya doesn't get sacked much and Tigers need to get pressure on him to negate the deep ball. He doesn't scramble well, and Tigers defense tends to feast on pocket passers. Not too worried about Yearby and the Cane's running game. Canes D is average to below in the Coastal Conference, which should allow Clemson to put up big points.

You're right about day game favoring Clemson, and sure hope they improve on their last road game vs Louisville. Would be nice if DW has that breakout game you mention! Miami's secondary is very beatable - especially as compare to BC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good data, but UM won't score 21 pts against our D*******

Oct 19, 2015, 3:55 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic