Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Birthright Citizensip to end?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Birthright Citizensip to end?

Aug 21, 2019, 5:38 PM

Well, personally, I'm all for it ending.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-says-he-is-seriously-looking-at-ending-birthright-citizenship/ar-AAG7LHl?ocid=ientp

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Birthright Citizensip to end?

Aug 21, 2019, 5:57 PM

A president can't do it. It requires amending the Constitution and one person can't do it.

I'm glad he can't, and I'm glad he will be shut down. Lessons need to be taught to Trump and those who desire a president to have this much power.

####, I love our Constitution. It has been so effectively designed to shut down wannabe dictators and a mob that would support one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Like Obama and his DOJ?***

Aug 21, 2019, 7:29 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like Obama and his DOJ?***

Aug 22, 2019, 5:17 PM

I missed it when Obama amended the Constitution...### he was slick!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Birthright Citizensip to end? ]

Not really as SCOTUS can make a different ruling(interpretation) and it thereby becomes law of the land. Just saying.........

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/23/17595754/birthright-citizenship-trump-14th-amendment-executive-order

Aug 21, 2019, 8:29 PM

See, you are not removing the 14th but changing how the rulings were from waaaaaaay back in the day. Yes it can happen with the 2nd too. THough the 2nd was ruled on not that long ago so it is unlikely it will be changed. Still would apply for relatives of freed of slaves and Native Americans, all others not so much if they rule that it was not correctly viewed.

Aug 21, 2019, 8:29 PM

Yes I know those pesky facts you dislike again.

### was all that rattletrap and what...

Aug 22, 2019, 6:41 AM

Did it have anything to do with my post? And why did it take three posts?

The president can't remove birthright citizenship. There. Done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: ### was all that rattletrap and what...

Aug 22, 2019, 8:13 AM

Catahoula said:

Did it have anything to do with my post? And why did it take three posts?

The president can't remove birthright citizenship. There. Done.

No skippy, you said it required amending the Connstitution and you are WRONG. Once again I might add . Now it is THERE and DONE.

All it takes in a SCOTUS ruling on interpretation to become Law of the Land. A repeal is a waste of time to to all the requirements set forth. There is no attempt to repeal the 14th, what Conservatives want is for SCOTUS to haver a look at how it is applied.

Aug 22, 2019, 8:19 AM

And you're wrong because a president doesn't have the authority to mandate such an interpretation of the Constitution. The SCOTUS would crush him and would correctly interpret that the Constitution disallows it... and would thus require amending.

And if you want him to have the power to do this, I'll lump you in with the short-sighted fool crowd. You and HuntClub will be able to share a seat on the bus, then.

Aug 22, 2019, 8:46 AM

I NEVER said the President could mandate an interpretation now did I? I plainly said SCOTUS, reading troubles? The idea is to get it in the Federal Court system, must be worded in a way that allows it to be challengeed and appealed higher. You assumed to get a different view that it must be repealed, that is plainly WRONG. Repeal is far to hard to do given the requirements, a different opinion is a far easier path.

https://ballotpedia.org/Federal_judges_nominated_by_Donald_Trump

If anything about Trump scares you then this should terrify you.

Aug 22, 2019, 8:50 AM

No, not a single President should ever have the power to mandate change to the Constitution. It is why the powers are seperated, thing is the Federal Court system has been altered biggly by Trump. These are appointments that can last a lifetime and generations of voters , that is where the lasting legacy of the manchild will be imprinted.

Good. Glad we agree.***

Aug 22, 2019, 8:55 AM

Re: Good. Glad we agree.***

Aug 22, 2019, 9:12 AM

Liberals right now are far too focused on the manchilds numerous tweets of lunacy and not paying any attention to what is happening in the Court system. Federal Circuit judges affect everything and PUBS has been very successful in getting them appointed with little resistance from the DEMS. Time to fight is not just with a SCOTUS appointment but at the lower levels and old Mitch has been relatively unchallenged there. If Trump actually wins a 2nd term then the landscape of SCOTUS and the Federal Judiciary will be altered for a very long time.Not a great thing in my opinion.

Aug 22, 2019, 2:58 PM

Federal Circuit judges affect everything and PUBS has been very successful in getting them appointed with little resistance from the DEMS.

I don't know that I agree. We hear this prediction with the political ideology of judges, even in the Supreme Court, but we also see them usually make sound, rational, Constitution-based decisions. Even conservative justices in the SCOTUS have gone against that ideology. Look at John Roberts.

Aug 24, 2019, 1:31 AM

If you look the 8th was some Trump appointments.

https://news.yahoo.com/federal-court-strikes-powerful-blow-223229105.html

Aug 22, 2019, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: ### was all that rattletrap and what... ]

NOWHERE did I state the president could mandate such a thing. In fact, I posed a question only asking if Birthright citizenship is about to end - posting an article addressing it.

Talk about poor reading skills and someone being a shortsighted fool. Think, I will just beside you on that bus so we can discuss more.

Headed my way?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 2:59 PM

Nah, not today. But you clearly want the president to have the power to do this.

Aug 22, 2019, 3:15 PM

Nah, you really don't know what I want with regards to presidential empowerment. You may not think you are on that bus but, if you take a moment, you will realize cars and trucks don't have windshields as big as the one you are looking through. They also don't have the row seating capacity as the ride you are on either.

But, you can get off at the next stop if you like.

I do hope you have a good day, though, no matter what your transportation is.

Let me say this.

Aug 21, 2019, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Birthright Citizensip to end? ]

This isn't about race or anyone taking over and ending the white race. It isn't about race, imo, at all. It's about culture, history and allegiance to our nation.

We have a nation which sees eye to eye on 95% of the most important benefits of being American. We all want freedom of speech, freedom of religion and freedom of the press. Even if it's hate speech, freedom from religion or fake news.

We all agree that equal rights regardless of race, religion or national origin are rights we want extended to all citizens and legal residents.

I specifically pointed out subjects of contention because few argue the merits of those rights. Unfortunately, those arguing those topics are the loudest and most overbearing on both sides of the political isle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Latinoes, orientals, Europeans, Indians, Russian and...

Aug 21, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Birthright Citizensip to end? ]

some from every nation are coming to America to have babies. It's lower tuition for our universities and some even come, have a baby and don't ever leave. They are called anchor babies. You know this.

I'm not about ending birthright citizenship but something should be done to curb the world from working our system to their benefit. I think we are the only nation that has this stupid rule. Parents should be citizens for their children to be citizens.

There are exceptions so it's not etched in stone. Diplomats who have their children here while representing their governments aren't automatically citizens. Imo, this might be expanded to exclude those who come without invitation or legally.

Trump isn't trying to make all our future children apply for citizenship. THis is about foreigners.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Latinoes, orientals, Europeans, Indians, Russian and...

Aug 22, 2019, 8:02 AM

you know that if you went skiing in the French Alps, as an American, and broke your leg on one of the slopes. You would get airlifted to the hospital, get patched up, and not pay a dime. Some how their healthcare system remains in tact.

On the other hand, when Canadians come to visit the US, the smart ones purchase a temporary healthcare plan through their government in case something happens while they are on our soil. just something to think about.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're missing the bigger picture here.

Aug 22, 2019, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Latinoes, orientals, Europeans, Indians, Russian and... ]

And that's about how much authority a president can have. No one man should have this much power to alter our government (and he won't be able to). But the OP is calling for it.

Anyone who desires Trump to extend his power to force their view of how America should be is a short-sighted fool.

Because they'll be screaming and hollering when the next Dem comes into office and tries to undo everything all by himself.

Good news for Native Americans...

Aug 21, 2019, 6:00 PM

The rest of us are kinda f’ed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic