Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best $16mil spent at CU outside football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Best $16mil spent at CU outside football?

Mar 4, 2020, 11:22 PM

Softball!

Opening season had 95% of season tickets sold before playing the first game. The girls are playing hard and it is fun to watch. Lots of chants and fun spectator involvement. Can't believe we took this long to put a softball team together. I find myself watching the softball playoffs and WS just as much as Baseball and that was without a team to root for!

Go Tigers! I think this will be a great addition!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best $16mil spent at CU outside football?

Mar 4, 2020, 11:33 PM

I'd rather spend that money converting little john into a second indoor practice facility with condos for the football players along the upper mezzanine.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2020, 11:34 PM

??$

Mar 4, 2020, 11:35 PM

Agree on Softball,long overdue and the addition of Wrestling hopefully one day and if that happens you may see the lower bowl of Littlejohn full

Mar 5, 2020, 4:40 AM

I'm a huge proponent for wrestling as I was brought to Clemson because of wrestling. Before I got to Clemson, I made a really good wrestling dummy for the studs we had in my weight class. Coach invited me up there to get beat up a few times prior to my "Greyshirt" offer. Pretty sure I was a good wrestling dummy but also just kept on leash based on my weight class. It was fun though?

No chance we'll have wrestling, unless it's women's wrestlin***

Mar 5, 2020, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Best $16mil spent at CU outside football? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No chance we'll have wrestling, unless it's women's wrestling!!

Mar 5, 2020, 6:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My memory is a little fuzzy, but...

Mar 5, 2020, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Best $16mil spent at CU outside football? ]

back in the day when Clemson had a wrestling team, I don't recall matches being held in Littlejohn. As I recall, matches were held in Jervey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wrestling will not fill the lower bowl of LJ, however

Mar 5, 2020, 8:30 AM

Wrastling might

I can’t wait for wrestling to be brought back,

Mar 5, 2020, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Best $16mil spent at CU outside football? ]

I love when they jump off the top rope. And the figure four. Wooooooooo!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 8:05 AM

Softball is all I’m hearing about lately. Getting more pub than baseball. A little surprised at the popularity

It's amazing what a great coach can do, isn't it.***

Mar 5, 2020, 8:26 AM

Judge Karen has already declared softball to be a bad

Mar 5, 2020, 8:26 AM

investment and pointed out that women's lacrosse would have been better.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-wouldve-preferred-to-add-a-sport-with-lower-costs-associated-with-it-26797264

As for my own personal opinion, I love it. Not only is our team really good and exciting to watch, but it is going to bring in some revenues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Judge Karen has already declared softball to be a bad

Mar 5, 2020, 10:00 AM

Yeah, well it took her over ten years to realize that Brad Browwnell is not a good basketball coach at this level, so take her opinion with a grade of slaw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 8:56 AM

Could have saved some of it and had the nicest indoor softball facility in LJ.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic