Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BJ Upton plays CF like a boxing kangaroo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,487

BJ Upton plays CF like a boxing kangaroo

Jul 12, 2013, 8:03 PM

He also can't hit the water falling out of a boat. Justin has shown to be a bit better at the plate, but maybe he's just a karate koala in the outfield. That's over $100,000,000 going 'round & 'round the toilet!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BJ Upton plays CF like a boxing kangaroo

Jul 12, 2013, 9:19 PM

Don't forget Uggla, who swings at everything like he's trying to hit a homer, Heyward- who can't stand still and stop moving his freaking hands to save his life, and a pitching staff that can't keep leads and a bench that's all but depleted.

Every year, they never fail to disappoint. Wren will continue to go after bombers who can't hit, can't stay healthy, and can't be consistent.

I was recently listening to a sports talk show

Jul 12, 2013, 9:36 PM

where the mod was making fun of former Brave (and Tiger fan)Jeff Francoeur who had just been released from the lowly KC Royals (although fairly quickly acquired by another team) because he was only hitting .208 and had gone through an abnormal spell of committing errors......I thought to myself that the Braves have a second baseman who's STARTING and is batting a lofty .207---Fuggla has almost never hit above .220 during his time on the Braves and his defense is abysmal.

Tyler Pasternicky, the starting shortstop for pete's sake has the range of a sleepy T-baller

Chris Johnson--taking over a position the Braves long had solid/occasionally spectacular defense---keeps his long throws to first base a true adventure. His defense is nothing to write home about either.

Although a Braves fan, even I can see the Braves are in first place largely because the rest of the National League East has had an atrocious first half. I think I heard Atlanta has the worst "Away" record in major league baseball

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simmons is starting SS & Johnson led the league in hitting

Jul 12, 2013, 10:40 PM

for most of April/May while batting in the 8th slot (another of Fredi G's genius moves). His defense has been solid and I don't recall many errant throws.

BJ would have to go 48 for 48 to get his average to .300
UG would have to go 42 for 42 to get his average to .300

and yet they have a 6 game lead in the NL East

Jul 12, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: BJ Upton plays CF like a boxing kangaroo ]

While I agree I some of the Braves hitters suck, your statement about the pitching is stupid and wrong. The Braves have the second best ERA in the MLB, and have the third most quality starts.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/sort/qualityStarts/order/true

Re: I bet that they won't hold it long.***

Jul 12, 2013, 10:21 PM

B. Upton hitting .177 and Uggla .199***

Jul 12, 2013, 10:16 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

As a Rays fan, I thought he sucked, Suprised that ATL spent

Jul 13, 2013, 7:00 AM

so much money on the guy. He can't hit his weight.

Justin is the good Upton.

Jul 13, 2013, 7:19 AM

Having been a Braves season ticket holder for about 20 years, I feel your pain and frustration. Since I retired, I rarely watch a game, but do they ever know how to disappoint!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2013, 9:50 AM

BJ and Dan are both getting paid a whole lot of money to contribute very, very little. Although Dan can pop the occasional blast, and draws a lot of walks, he is getting paid to a couple million too much. BJ has just been a bust, but last month hit above his career average so thats nice. If he can come off this injury and maybe after the all star break with a little pop in his bat it would be a huge asset. Heyward had a bad start, but is picking it back up. If I had it my way, the lineup would look like this.

1: A. Simmons SS
2: C. Johnson 3B
3: F. Freeman 1B
4: B. McCann C
5: J. Upton LF
6: J. Heyward RF
7: J. Schafer CF
8: E: Gattis 2B
9: J Tehran P

Could be wishful thinking i guess.

Evan Gattis playing 2B? Lol, just trying to imagine that