Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As a longtime Eagles fan, as a longtime Philadelphia area
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

As a longtime Eagles fan, as a longtime Philadelphia area

Jun 5, 2018, 2:55 PM

resident, and Clemson alum (70), I can honestly say that this White House visitation issue has gone completely awry from everyone's standpoint. It is not about popularity in vote getting; it is not about standing for the national anthem and placing your right hand over your heart during its playing; it is not about social justice; and it is not about race. IT IS ALL ABOUT HOW THE EAGLES THROUGH TEAM UNITY INVOLVING ALL OF THEIR REPRESENTATIVE CULTURES, THOUGH BEING AN UNDERDOG, CAN COME TOGETHER AND BECOME WINNERS AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL!!!! THAT IS ALL IT IS!!!! Their message is one to celebrate a major accomplishment and to say to the nation we also can be unified, set aside all our differences, come together, and ultimately be winners as a nation too at the highest level before the whole world!!!! And let's set out to do it! Anyone who says otherwise has got it totally wrong.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a longtime Eagles fan, as a longtime Philadelphia area

Jun 5, 2018, 3:00 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I say otherwise and I'm totally right. Hth***

Jun 5, 2018, 3:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

OK. I see where you’re going with this.

Jun 5, 2018, 3:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2018, 3:17 PM

70tig said:

and to say to the nation we also can be unified, set aside all our differences, come together, and ultimately be winners as a nation too at the highest level before the whole world!!!!

I think its becoming clear that this country can not and will not set aside differences. Lets face it, the people that Americans hate the most are other Americans.

Jun 5, 2018, 3:19 PM

sadly it does seem that way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2018, 3:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NaQxUEfxt0

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jun 5, 2018, 4:16 PM

What you fail to mention is that the Eagles are all about unity and all that kind of stuff as long as you go along with the anti-American protests that some players chose to do. These players that are protesting are multi-millionaires. If they don't want that, go to another country and see how they like that. America is what got them where they are. I hope the NFL crumbles under its own pile of manure. I feel better now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2018, 6:03 PM

Eagles were not involved in any protests last season despite the misleading crap that Fox News puts out. How about you flag-humpers go to another country if you don't like people exercising their right to protest?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2018, 6:05 PM

Wow, dat be serious.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fox fixed their error quickly. There is no right to protest on your

Jun 5, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: As a longtime Eagles fan, as a longtime Philadelphia area ]

employers time. I realize their reason for doing their protest but their employer has the right to tell them to quit doing it or potentially lose your job. HTH

Personally, I would just have them come onto the field after the anthem like colleges do. Problem solved.

As if they didn't know what they were doing the whole time..***

Jun 5, 2018, 6:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. They came together and said “no thanks” to

Jun 5, 2018, 6:01 PM

visiting the Capitol because of politics, making everything else you said BS.

They were given an opportunity to celebrate all those things you mention in front of the nation and decided, nah we don’t want to do that.

I see Fox News is foxing this story

Jun 5, 2018, 6:20 PM

"Fox News apologized Tuesday after receiving a torrent of criticism over the network's use of photos of various players for the Philadelphia Eagles kneeling in prayer, creating the misleading impression that they were demonstrating during the national anthem."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/05/media/fox-news-philadelphia-eagles-kneeling/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow... did you miss the unity during the season when

Jun 5, 2018, 6:21 PM

all players stood together in unity on the field and not take a knee? they are unified in saying that they did set aside their differences, that they did come together to pursue and reach a common goal and now they stand united to celebrate achieving that goal but they will NOT be paraded to be made a part of one side of the discussion...
as an Eagles fan, aren't you glad that Ertz and Long bit back at fox news for propagandizing their decline of the invitation when fox purposefully posited pictures of kneeling Eagles players as if they were kneeling during the anthem? that was beyond the pale and I submit that had the team went unified to washington, there would have been a moment taken (staged) to have the anthem played to play up the president's stance that every man stand at attention with his hand over his heart...

the nation does not care that the Eagles won the Super Bowl, Eagles fans are the only ones who care that they won the super bowl... as it has been for every team that has ever won the super bowl...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2018, 8:30 PM

Apparently they told the White House they were bringing 60 players and changed it to 10 at the last minute to embarrass Trump. Bush league maneuver by the Eagles organization

Jun 6, 2018, 8:33 PM

link: https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/report-only-few-eagles-players-had-planned-attend-white-house

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic