Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Apolitical new info (to me): 2 of 3: missionaries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,497

Apolitical new info (to me): 2 of 3: missionaries

Mar 27, 2020, 12:18 AM

My wife returned to work today (she rotates) as secy. at our 250-person church. We support some 40 missionaries, mostly families, 85% of whom are overseas.

Most are communicating frequently by email with their supporting churches back here in the states, so posting the latest info to our church family bulletin board is one of her primary responsibilities.

Numerous families have been directly affected by this virus. One mother in France, with 4 small children, has been sequestered in her bedroom for 12 days with a fever but no other Covid symptoms. The doctor advises her not to come to the clinic, but they really don't know why this mid grade fever won't abate.

France is #6 in the number of positive cases, which is probably appropriate to their population and location and density, but that's just a snapshot of how healthcare is going to be done for the next several months around much of the globe. In most countries with centralized or socialized health care you will have two treatment options for any ailment: wait in line at an overtaxed hospital based totally on the urgency of your symptoms OR stay home and self medicate.

By the way, the US now leads the world in confirmed cases.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apolitical new info (to me): 2 of 3: missionaries

Mar 27, 2020, 12:40 AM

I’m glad you have missionaries in France, I know they have never heard of Christianity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 6:15 AM

Well... about half of France is Muslim now so....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

< 10% but nevertheless somewhat significant.***

Mar 27, 2020, 8:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Apolitical new info (to me): 2 of 3: missionaries ]

The Moulin Rouge region of Paris might be prime area in need of missionaries. Any volunteers?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Apolitical new info (to me): 2 of 3: missionaries ]

"hearing of Christianity" doesn't make a person one step closer to God.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting."

Mar 27, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Apolitical new info (to me): 2 of 3: missionaries ]

We also support mission efforts in San Diego, NYC and (gasp!) Atlanta and (gasp, gasp!) the US military.

We are not insulting anyone by sending someone willing to share the Gospel with them. We all need the Gospel in good times, but even more in bad.

You seem to imply that missionaries are colonialists of the State or Church. I guess you read that in a book somewhere.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,497
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic