Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone know why Sam Saunders is not playing in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Anyone know why Sam Saunders is not playing in the

Aug 15, 2019, 5:02 PM

Korn Ferry playoffs?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone know why Sam Saunders is not playing in the

Aug 15, 2019, 5:27 PM

Not for certain, but it suggests that he has decided to end his career. He was discouraged earlier in the year and talked about doing it. He was eligible for this event, and I wish he had given it one last try.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 9:54 PM

I just noticed that Sam did not commit to next week's Korn Ferry Tour Finals event either. So, perhaps he has decided to shut it down for this season and just play out of the Beyond 150 category next year. Hopefully, that is all that is going on.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/tournaments/albertsons-boise-open-presented-by-kraft-nabisco/field.html

Aug 28, 2019, 10:44 AM

Someone posted that Sam is not playing because of an accident. I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but it is the first mention I've heard regarding why Sam is not playing in the Korn Ferry Tour finals. See in the comments below the article.

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/inside-the-field/2019/08/26/how-they-qualified-korn-ferry-tour-championship-presented-by-united-leasing-and-finance.html

Aug 28, 2019, 8:53 PM

I don’t know because I’ve googled everything i can think of and the only thing that comes up is the accident he had in 2015.

I have to believe if it was an accident, it would be posted somewhere... no need to hide that. If it’s a mental accident then I’m glad the media isn’t saying anything.

He’s too good of a golfer to give it up. I pray he’ll be back and hopefully he’s ok. He’s one heck of a fine young man... and will have a great career no matter what he chooses to do.

He could always replace brandle chamblee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic