Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else catch us run the shovel against WF?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,150

Anyone else catch us run the shovel against WF?

Nov 20, 2016, 8:29 PM

Not 100% sure but I think it was to leggett. If we're gonna run it with a TE I say give Milan Richard a chance at it he can move for his size.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else catch us run the shovel against WF?

Nov 20, 2016, 8:31 PM

Yes! It worked too! I wonder why it is not used more.

Nov 20, 2016, 8:34 PM

Exactly my thought as well! IT fits right into our style of play. I guess the coaching staff figured if it worked against our front it was worth implementing into the play call.

Nov 20, 2016, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else catch us run the shovel against WF? ]

Don't want to wear it out, a quick look (in game practice like the 2 onsides kicks last night and the kick versus BC) and then use it when truly needed down the road against a team with athletic aggressive fronts to neutralize them (make them think in midgame, not leading up to the game).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2016, 8:43 PM

I see your point will definitely catch a team off guard in the playoff in a crucial situation I just got a good laugh saturday and thought it was ironic that we actually ran it! Lol.

Nov 20, 2016, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else catch us run the shovel against WF? ]

Didn't Chad Morris use fairly often during his tenure?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2016, 8:46 PM

Now that you said something maybe he did run it a few times with Allen at TE. Honestly I can't remember though I do remember us taking a shot for the endzone no matter what when we got to the 50 which I always loved. Love our coaching staff but I did love The Chad calling the shots on offense.

Nov 20, 2016, 8:52 PM

I've always loved that play because little can go wrong. If dropped it is an incomplete forward pass no harm done. And is really good at neutralizing defensive fronts.

I hope we break out the shuttle pass

Nov 20, 2016, 8:52 PM

With the shuffle option!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope we break out the shuttle pass

Nov 20, 2016, 9:00 PM

Lol I say with scotts performances against the coots line him up in the backfield run him out like usually about half the distance then cut him back inside with the shovel option. I think with what we've put on film with scott coming out of the backfield it would catch their defense off guard unless of course muschamp is on here creeping!!

Nov 20, 2016, 9:39 PM

Yes, I think a few wrinkles including the shovel pass, onside kick, etc were used. The best football is ahead. Hang on.

I laughed when we ran it

Nov 20, 2016, 10:04 PM

thinking about the coots having to prepare for it in practice. It's tough to scheme for and now they have to prep for it in addition to everything else we do. If we never run it again it was worth it for that very reason. Genius!

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic