Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An old Tiger's honest assessment of the game last night.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

An old Tiger's honest assessment of the game last night.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:11 AM

Arrogant or not, Joe Burrow was the difference in that game. Whether by coaching scheme, or innate ability, he always seemed to have a receiver open to dump the ball off to after eluding what rush we generated. There is NFL talent all over that receiving corps. That offensive line lived up to their Trophy rating as well. Brent Venables was throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at them with blitzes, shifting setups, what have you, and after taking about a quarter and a half to adjust, handled it all the rest of the game. This to me feels like a much more complete domination than the Bama game during the Kelly Bryant year. Both games were 10 point games well into the second half, but it felt like we were barely hanging on all night, last night. The cheese and Whine crowd won't like it, but the (by far) better team won the game last night. We gave great effort at times, but for the first time in a long time, there was a real talent gap on the field that was not in our favor. Congratulations, LSU, you actually were a Team of Destiny. But, We Are Clemson, and we will be back, very soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An old Tiger's honest assessment of the game last night.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:14 AM

I don't think there is a gap. I think you had a great team playing well "downhill to speak" and another one that found itself trying to force things... which became un-natural. - One QB played great, the other was off.

I will still take TL and trust TL in every game we play.

Our team is fantastic, our coaches are fantastic and the best is yet to come. One short this year but that always motivates us for the next campaign.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 9:23 AM

Burrow and LSU deserve a lot of credit and certainly deserve the championship. That being said, I didn't see anything that resembled the Bama Sugar Bowl game. This game we were outplayed but I'm not convinced that we were outmatched. Two years ago Alabama, at least showed me, that it was both.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:32 AM

The only thing I disagree with you on is "...by far." I thought Clemson acquitted itself quite well most of the night. Burrow is the real deal, but his receivers are even better. They killed us on yards after the catch all night. LSU was the better team last night.

I'm still in NOLA, and let me tell you the fan support was incredible from beginning to end. My ears are still ringing. We were outnumbered at least 3-1, but we held our own. Go Tigers. See you in September when we start a new streak!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 9:39 AM

Agree with alot of your points. "By far" last night for sure, the better team/gameplan won. Tough night for the (SC) Tigers across the board. I think in a game like that there is no margin for error, you need to play well. And LSU's studs were clearly better than our studs last night

LSU deserved to be champs, but boy I think it's fair to wonder what things would have looked like if we had fully committed to ETN and tried to keep Burrow on the sideline a bit more

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the running game.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:49 AM

They were really starting to crash down on ETN the last few times we tried to get him the ball, stopping him for losses. It appeared that they decided he was not going to be the reason they lost. They were not the first to do so, we had some success in earlier games by bringing in Lyn-J as a change of pace. That did not work last night either.

What the game really boiled down to was our inability to get off the field on defense, coupled with our failures on offense, our defense just flat got worn down at the end. They were toying with us on that last drive just like we did Bama last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic