Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama Football: Tide offense will not have to be so explos
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Alabama Football: Tide offense will not have to be so explos

May 1, 2019, 6:53 PM

Full title: "Alabama Football: Tide offense will not have to be so explosive in ’19"

The 2019 Alabama football defense will shoulder more of a load in 2019, allowing the Tide’s explosive offense some breathing room.

The 2018 Alabama football offense was record-setting. Tua Tagovailoa’s performance was the biggest reason. The sophomore blew past three single-season Crimson Tide quarterback records.

Tua passed Blake Sims 3,487 passing yards, totaling 3,966 yards. He eclipsed A .J. McCarron’s touchdown pass record of 30, with an amazing 43 TD passes. Tua also broke the Jalen Hurts records for touchdowns in a season of 36, by ringing up 48 scores. Read more at;

https://bamahammer.com/2019/04/30/alabama-football-tide-offense-will-not-explosive-19/

Let the excuses begin.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama Football: Tide offense will not have to be so explos

May 1, 2019, 7:00 PM

Sounds like they have the title all locked up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 7:25 PM

Carlsbad® If you get time; look at their spring game. The players, coaches and announcers all but said, "we let little ole Clemson win"!
Because they were not doing fundamental things; b/c winning had become so easy that "they lost their way"!
All I can say is: "Clemson could have said the same thing"! We were winning easy after the Cuse game. We could have said, "no need to progress, we have made it, forget being hungry"! We won a championship in 16 we satisfied. But, the better team rose to the occasion. The worse of the two finalist: "believed the hype and articles like this and fell into the pit of misery"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dilly Dilly!!!!!!!***

May 1, 2019, 8:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Football: Tide offense will not have to be so explos ]

As we know already bc it hasn't been a secret, Bama and the coots are always pre-season NC'S!!! It's an SEC thing with all those SEC type players!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever Tide! Whatever SEC!

May 1, 2019, 7:20 PM

I checked out the replay of their spring game and they seem concerned to me about missing the two co-OC's. Sarkisan reportedly will keep the RPO that Tua and his brother are so good at. But, unless somebody on their schedule can give them a good enough look; it won't matter again!
I think they will miss those OC's more than they know! That is the reason for an article about how the defensive will carry more of the burden. The defense all year wasn't all that bad from what I could tell. But wait, they racked up great defensive numbers against some non-offensive juggernauts like LSU, Mississippi St and Ole Miss. At least some of the schools we played were good on one side of the ball(Duke has Cutcliff, Mond and Jimbo(we both played), NC St.(Finley was drafted in the 4th round), Dungey should have been drafted. And, I believe will play on Sundays in the NFL.

Brent Venables and defensive staff/players allowed only 16 points to what was called the "best team in college football history"!
I read where their DC has figured out techniques to limit the RPO and how to better defense it. Part of why they will keep using it is to assimilate what we run. The problem is: much like a good chef and a bad chef. They can both have the exact same ingredients but one taste like a beautiful sweet summer morning when you have all bills paid and a pocket full of money and good friends all around you! The other taste like hot garbage!
It's about how you blend and mix it, period! And when you blend and mix it. How long. How often. Under which circumstances!
Talk is cheap! And as I said, I watched their spring game coverage. Never have you heard so many excuses for a 28 point beating! Could have easily been a 35 point beating! But for Dabo's mercy for his Alma Matter!
Tua and company all saying: "we stopped being who we were fundamentally"! I guess! But, you had nearly a month between your last game and the Orange Bowl to re-focus. You had I believe 9 days to prepare for Clemson. You only lost once and you come with: "it was about us not them"!
Great locker room stuff guys, thanks!
Great off season stuff! The new starters Clemson has haven't beaten you guys on the field as full time contributors. I am sure they want to though!

Hope the Tide eat all this talk up about how they lost themselves! How the defense will be good and compliment the explosive offense. I hope they "believe the hype"! Setting they Arsenics up for another beating!

May 1, 2019, 7:20 PM

Good thing. I don't know if they could count on their offense to explode for 16 points like they did against the Tigers this year!

May 1, 2019, 7:28 PM

LOL!

They exploded for 16 points! And, shut out for an entire half to little ole Clemson! HaHa! These articles and SEC-PN "get in their players heads" and they drink the kool aid.
All I can say is: Keep building up the hype about how unbeatable the baby elephants will be again! It puts teams in a: fight or flight response. Even teams who just won the National Championship by 4 touchdowns!

Nice! Can’t wait to shut them out for 2 halves this year!***

May 1, 2019, 7:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 8:39 PM

This article is the epitome of hype.

How can a defense lose 7?? non-seniors who declared for the draft, + the seniors, and lose several defensive coaches, and have its cheerwriters declare that it will be better this year?

Did they get a bunch of transferred players to suddenly become eligible?

No.

They got more 5* freshmen to replace the 5* juniors they lost.
They have 5* sophomores and juniors that they are suddenly going to have to trust.
They are going to exercise more depth than they have in years past (yeah, right, we'll see if that happens).
They are going to play more situational packages on defense to get ready for great offenses in the CFP (in other words, playing in the SEC does not adequately prepare them for the CFP.)
And most of all, they are only going to play guys who are motivated to win (with emphasis on the secondary, which is coached directly by St Nick.) Sounds like the arrogance of HBC all over again when you can't trust your assistants to do their jobs.

Let's be honest: Dabo's coaching staff is functioning at such a high level that they will not be outperformed anytime soon. Maybe the players will be outplayed at times, which will make it exciting; but our coaches are practicing management skills that should be the envy of many large corporations.

It is really too bad that so many schools manage their financial and human resources so poorly.

May 1, 2019, 9:02 PM

Rw43 Exactly! And not to bring it up; many a 5 star player get to college and "never get any better than day 1 on campus"! If the same experts who made excuses for Bamers Aztec whooping are right; the assistants won't be able to coach them up to where they need to be. So, somebody lying either way you slice it.
I predict they are good again of course, Tua is really good on RPO plays. You know they will be physical up front; but young!

Any team not named Bamer replacing as much talent as they did coming off a beat down loss would have the complete opposite article written about them. Filled with question marks! Even talented players sometimes don't rise to the occasion on game day.

These type articles are poison to a young football players mind ( IF ABSORBED ).

This person has all the new starters as all Americans practically. Saying they will be better than a top 10 defense. Saying the offense will still be as explosive; basically "no matter who is calling plays and despite our losses"! Okay!

As a Tigers fan all I can say is, "I hope the spiked kool aid" goes down easy Bamer! Believe that hype if you want. Do it at your own peril.

"Cheerwriters"... +1.***

May 2, 2019, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama Football: Tide offense will not have to be so explos ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic