Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you could change any ONE play in Clemson history
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

If you could change any ONE play in Clemson history

Mar 9, 2015, 10:59 AM

What would it be?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seriously...were you not alive for the Clemson/UConn NCAA

Mar 9, 2015, 11:00 AM

tournament game? Felt like all the worst emotions of my life rolled in together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely the worst I've ever felt after a Clemson

Mar 9, 2015, 11:03 AM

basketball gane, and maybe the worst after any Clemson gane in any sport.

So yeah, that might be the juan I'd pick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

never felt so bad after a game.....awful***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The topic was posted on the Tiger Football board

Mar 9, 2015, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Definitely the worst I've ever felt after a Clemson ]

why are you discussing basketball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

MAYBE CUZ Tigerfansince1972® BROUGHT IT UP..

Mar 9, 2015, 11:07 AM

Why don't you and your other dumper buddies like epifunny go slither back under your rocks?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he and epi are like two peas in a pod***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:08 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

edit: dork_tiger & epicfailure...

Mar 9, 2015, 11:38 AM

photo like-two-peas-in-a-pod_zps6fa012df.jpg

epic's the angry juan on the right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we can't be breaking the board rules....

Mar 9, 2015, 11:08 AM [ in reply to MAYBE CUZ Tigerfansince1972® BROUGHT IT UP.. ]

if it says football then for God's sake let's stick with the subject...don't be tearing tags off your mattress or driving 1 mph over the speed limit...let's stick to the rules...rules are our friends

did you know most highways in the greater USofA are rated

Mar 9, 2015, 11:39 AM

for the speed of sound or higher?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you know lizard insurace can cost u 15 minutes ?

Mar 9, 2015, 8:50 PM

or more

my big bro in my fraternity, a huge uconn fan, was on the

Mar 9, 2015, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Definitely the worst I've ever felt after a Clemson ]

phone congratulating me & the tigers for a great win when that play happened...

silence...

He didn't start screaming on the other end?***

Mar 9, 2015, 12:16 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, more in awe of the miracle moment & "apologetic" in ways***

Mar 9, 2015, 12:27 PM

Re: seriously...were you not alive for the Clemson/UConn NCAA

Mar 9, 2015, 11:06 AM [ in reply to seriously...were you not alive for the Clemson/UConn NCAA ]

Dang that was aweful from feeling the Victory to the agony of a #### shot.

I was at the game.....

Mar 9, 2015, 11:26 AM [ in reply to seriously...were you not alive for the Clemson/UConn NCAA ]

My one and only trip to the Meadowlands Arena in East Rutherford, New Jersey (now called the Izod Center).

To come back after being 19 points down to having a one point lead with only ONE SECOND remaining on the clock only to lose in that manner was literally sickening.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

this is the one***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:32 AM [ in reply to seriously...were you not alive for the Clemson/UConn NCAA ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with you there

Mar 9, 2015, 8:45 PM [ in reply to seriously...were you not alive for the Clemson/UConn NCAA ]

I was watching at Nick's .

Never been so heartbroken.

Re: If you could change any ONE play in Clemson history

Mar 9, 2015, 11:01 AM

Watkins pass to Tajh in Columbia.

Our fumble against FSU last year to basically end the game

Mar 9, 2015, 11:03 AM

I wouldn't change anything in CTB's tenure because it all came together to make Dabo our HC. I would maybe say the fumble and 99 yd TD at the end of the first half against WVU in the OB, but that opened the flood gates, bringing us BV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

1988 Puntrooskie.******

Mar 9, 2015, 11:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This and there is really no comparision

Mar 9, 2015, 11:30 AM

take out that play and we are probably on playing for a 2nd national championship.

The UConn play was a giant kick in the nads, but it probably doesn't change the course of history for a program the way that the puntroooski game did for football. No way that the Clemson Administration could have fired Ford 1 year removed from playing for a natty.

Re: ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^***

Mar 9, 2015, 8:41 PM [ in reply to 1988 Puntrooskie.****** ]

The pass that Kyle Parker threw at Auburn

Mar 9, 2015, 11:05 AM

That was about an inch out of reach. Would have beat Auburn in their place and likely changed football history.

I am a bitter and angry man.

Or the cheap shot on KP in that game

Mar 9, 2015, 11:11 AM

Without that hit I believe our season would've been drastically different. Kyle was never himself after that play. He looked scared the rest of the year.

Aaron Kelly's drop against BC, CTB taking Merriweather out,

Mar 9, 2015, 11:15 AM

Fairley's dirty and illegal cheap shot on Kyle Parker, the fumble return against WVU, any multitude of turnovers against SCar in '13, the fumble to start the game against FSU '12, etc. etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Aaron Kelly's drop against BC, CTB taking Merriweather out,

Mar 9, 2015, 11:20 AM

You beat me to it. Just killed me not only because pulling Reggie cost us the game but for all he had gone through being a leader and waiting his turn all his senior season. No doubt we win the game with him bulling for 7 ypc against a tired coot defense.

MIne would def be the Ellington fumble in the OB...

Mar 9, 2015, 11:23 AM

That play totally changed that game...

I still stand by that the play should've been called on

Mar 9, 2015, 11:24 AM

forward progress and it was not a fumble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Puntrooskie without a doubt. 25 years later it still hurts

Mar 9, 2015, 11:25 AM

although not quite as bad

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ this.***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:29 AM

^^^seconded***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:41 AM

^^^^^^ thirded..

Mar 9, 2015, 2:09 PM

my daughter was 2. I almost dropped her in the stands watching the play unfold right in front of my very eyes.

Section UD. Row G I think back then.

^^^^^^^^^Foorfdth^^^^^^^^^^^***

Mar 9, 2015, 2:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you guys can't count.. I'll sixeth it ....***

Mar 9, 2015, 2:28 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

seventh

Mar 9, 2015, 2:31 PM

oh wait

ayth, I might still owe Ft. Belvoir for a TV screen.***

Mar 9, 2015, 4:59 PM

Mar 9, 2015, 11:31 AM

The fumble by Seckinger vs FSU in 2013. I think that one play shaped the entire game and it snowballed the rest of the first half with shooting our selves in the foot. I think we can win that game if we don't blow that first play and it changes the entire season.

Puntrooski, hands down.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:45 AM

I was there, my heart ripped out of my chest, is still lying on the ground. Also, Deon's punt return that game, to supplement.

Puntrooski, without a doubt!!***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:53 AM

I was there too. Soak and wet.***

Mar 9, 2015, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Puntrooski, hands down. ]

If only 2 plays earlier the Clemson LB hadn't dropped INT.

Mar 9, 2015, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Puntrooski, hands down. ]

Or maybe it was 1 play earlier, I can't remember.

FSU QB threw a duck (it was pouring rain, ball was probably pretty slick) and Clemson LB (don't remember who it was) had it go right through his hands/arms.

Make that INT and win game with TD or FG (our OL was steam rolling their DL in the 4th quarter).

I always thought that play emboldened PaPa Bowden to call

Mar 9, 2015, 2:18 PM

the Puntrooski. In his mind, they should have lost the game already, so why not give it a shot?

(Side note: I yelled "Fake Punt!" from the student section as soon as the ball was snapped - but apparently nobody heard me...)

Re: If only 2 plays earlier the Clemson LB hadn't dropped INT.

Mar 9, 2015, 9:36 PM [ in reply to If only 2 plays earlier the Clemson LB hadn't dropped INT. ]

> Or maybe it was 1 play earlier, I can't remember.
>
> FSU QB threw a duck (it was pouring rain, ball was
> probably pretty slick) and Clemson LB (don't remember
> who it was) had it go right through his hands/arms.
>
> Make that INT and win game with TD or FG (our OL was
> steam rolling their DL in the 4th quarter).

Thank you! Everbody keeps saying puntrooskie, but we had a sure INT go right thru the LB's arms and that play means the puntrooskie never happens. Almost no one talks about it. To be honest I can't recall the LB's name. Crazy thing how thing's turn out.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:50 AM

Watkins WR pass against South Carolina two years ago.

If we just go in & score, I think that gives us confidence and we don't make the obscene level of mistakes which cost us the game. That would have been a 12-1 season, an Orange Bowl win, and probably a #3 final ranking...if not #2.

Mar 9, 2015, 11:54 AM

A close #2 may have been Stanton Seckinger's fumble against the Seminoles two years ago. That lead to an avalanche of horrible events that became the embarrassment against FSU. I think FSU still wins the game, but in a far closer competition...thus saving us a lot of embarrassment.

Two come to mind ...

Mar 9, 2015, 11:51 AM

1. TB removing Merriweather on the goal line against the capons.

2. The botched punt snap against GT in 2004. Game was won until that snap.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

A third ....

Mar 9, 2015, 12:51 PM

3. Khalil Green letting a ball hit directly to him go through his legs against SCar in the 2002 CWS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Long snap v GT in 2004 was the most painful. 2nd place is

Mar 9, 2015, 12:06 PM

Jamie Harper's fumble against SCAR in 2009. That play unleashed 5 years of beatdowns from our evil rival.

Kyle Parker getting a cheap shot @ Auburn in 2010 was probably the most devastating in recent memory. We went from probably beating the eventual national champion at their place to a losing season.

Though I was too young to truly understand the Puntrooski, I'm sure this would have been the clear #1 for me had I been older.

2004 sticks out because we had just come off the strongest 4 game streak in a quarter century. Obliterating #3 FSU, Killing Duke, 63-17ing the coots and dominating #6 Tennessee. We all thought Clemson had turned the corner... and then the long-snap sent me right back into misery and the team dropped 4 straight.

Mar 9, 2015, 12:23 PM

Snap over DW head last year at FSU... Or fumble in last drive... Or the other several plays that cost us that game.

Puntrooskie.***

Mar 9, 2015, 12:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Mar 9, 2015, 1:50 PM

Mine is the extra point after Stuckeys last score in 63-17.

Wish we would have went for 2 and made it 64.

Puntrooskie or the play Watson go injured on against GT.***

Mar 9, 2015, 1:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2014 - FSU game > CJ Davidson...

Mar 9, 2015, 1:59 PM

That one really hurt this year. No fumble, and we most likely take that one on a game winning FG.

The Kelly drop against BC was bad too, but who knows, make that catch, win ACC, and Bowden is still here.

Mar 9, 2015, 2:00 PM

Here is one:
Jan. 19, 1990

Phone ringing...

Coach Ford: "Hello"
Bobby Robinson: "Hey Danny we need to talk..."

Any of the 12 or 15 screwups we had in Cootlumbia...

Mar 9, 2015, 3:09 PM

year before last.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My top five

Mar 9, 2015, 3:10 PM

5. Cheap shot on Kyle Parker vs. Auburn, 2010. He quit on football after that.
4. Aaron Kelly drop in 2007 vs. BC. Although probably allowed us to can Bowden faster.
3. Jamie Harper fumble vs. the Coots in 2009. We punch that ball in on that drive and they're streaming for the exits by halftime. We witnessed a five-year mullet party emerge from that one play.
2. Bowden benching Reggie vs. SC in 2006/Jad Dean shanking the tying field goal. This would have given us a seven-game streak against them.

and...

1. Puntrooskie. Can't even be close. Like someone said earlier, this may have single-handedly kept us from competing for a national title that year.

Honorable mention: Carlos Thomas intentionally hurting CJ Spiller in 2006 vs. the Coots. That was the only way they could stop him that game and he probably would have put us ahead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

My life would have turned out differently if Tates George

Mar 9, 2015, 3:35 PM

had missed that shot at the end of the Clemson/UConn NCAA tourney game.

tates wasn't the issue

Mar 9, 2015, 10:30 PM

Our Clemson defender stood and watched without contesting. In fact, even backed away to give him more room. A disgusting defensive effort was that one.

oo, oo, oo I want a redo

Mar 9, 2015, 8:58 PM

around 2005/6 BC at Clemson. Clemson playing for the ACCCG.

Tigers ahead with a clear win, BC pinned back on there 20 or something in the East endzone . I am sittin in the West , time running out .

Matty Ice launches one , I say "fat chance" the look down and the guy is all alone .

Game set match

haunts me to this day

(of corse I have many)

Re: 63-17 game/2004 brawl

Mar 9, 2015, 9:10 PM

Wished we would have scored one or more TD against those mfing chickens or prevented them from getting their last one. 70-17 or 63-10. I've wished that strongly the last five years for obvious reasons. Next time we have our foots on their throats, snap their necks or stomp on their head. 2004 brawl, more stomps and kicks on their heads.

Notre Dame and Clemson 1978(or so)

Mar 9, 2015, 9:25 PM

Bright sunny fall afternoon in The Valley .

I am sitting as a young man on the HILL thrilled. The Tigers were underdogs, after all it was a ag school against a national power.

The fall sun glinted off those golden domes of Joe Montanna, Vegas Fergusun and Ross Browner (all all americans).

I can't remember all , I think we had Chuck MacSwain I am not sure , but we did have future NFL PRO Steve Fuller.

Anyway, we had the game in hand, everyone was going crazy. We were a little country school fixin to whip the great Notre Dame.

Seconds tick off , someone fumbles.

I hate that gold glint off those helmets to this day.

Oh , to answer the ?

Mar 9, 2015, 9:26 PM

The fumble in the ND game

Clemson vs UCONN in the NCAA Tournament****

Mar 9, 2015, 10:32 PM

nm

The play that Bowden pulled 37 off the field.

Mar 9, 2015, 10:36 PM

Reggie Merriweather was unstoppable unless was wasn't on the field.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going way back in basketball...

Mar 9, 2015, 11:03 PM

The 1975 ACC Tournament semifinals featured the Tigers and the Tar Heels, and Clemson dang near knocked off the bluebellies that night. In the closing seconds, I remember Skip Wise, heavily defended, attempting a shot from the right corner that bounced off the rim and right to Tree Rollins. Tree attempted the put back, but it also bounced off, and I can still see Tree sprawled out across the Greensboro Coliseum floor. Overtime. From there, Phil Ford made about 43 free throws, and that was that. If Skip or Tree makes a shot there, Clemson is in the ACC final against N.C. State, and I like the Tigers' chances. We're still, 40 years later, waiting for that first ACC Tournament championship.

Mar 10, 2015, 8:24 AM

Charlie Whitehurst overthrowing an open Chancey Stuckey in the end zone vs Miami to win the game, which we eventually lost.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU puntrooskie with Deon.***

Mar 10, 2015, 8:32 AM

It wasn't Deon.******

Mar 10, 2015, 8:40 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We had a close game that was going back and forth in

Mar 10, 2015, 8:47 AM

Chapel Hill. At the time, the basketball game was tied and the tigers had jr reid trapped in the backcourt. Three defenders surrounded him with approximately 6 minutes to go. Reid begins swinging his arms and hits a tiger defender in the nose. You got it, foul on Clemson. Coach Ellis can't believe the call either and is then slapped with a technical...heels won a close game by 6. That's exactly the points they got on that one play, 2 free throws by reid, made 2 ft's from the technical, and 2 points with that possession.
Heartbreaker. I can't recall a more devastating bad call.

Alabama 1967

Mar 10, 2015, 9:24 AM

Or was it 1968?

Second half of a 10-13 loss ... east end zone ... Tiger receiver wide wide wide open in the back of the end zone and the pass was lofted ... and an Alabama defender got a finger on it ... how he was able to recover and do that speaks to his athleticism ... amazing defensive recovery.

Why was the pass lofted rather than zipped? Of course I do not know ... I only know that could that play have gone differently it would have been fantastic.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2015, 9:51 AM

The probation and letting Danny Ford go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic