Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC now...thanks Swofford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

ACC now...thanks Swofford

Nov 19, 2012, 10:59 PM

Swofford did this to himself by letting ND in without football. Remember in the summer when Gene Wojo said one of his predictions was FSU and Clemson would move to the Big 12 before the BCS game was done? Well he may have missed on the timing and while everyone thought it would be those two schools that forced the move.....it may happen because of entirely different reason. 

The Big East is basically done. Swofford wants UConn always has. His basketball UNC bias is going to cost him in all likelihood the two crown jewels of his conference in terms of $$$$. Because basketball doesn't pay the bills for conferences. Make no mistake this much is clear and has been crystal clear from the get-go.....Clemson and Florida State will move together they are seemingly attached at the hip. You can argue about the value of GT and Miami and VT, but the next move will be for Clemson or FSU, most likely FSU, and where one goes, the other will follow.

The ACC's basketball bias and ridiculous loyalty to the perceived royalty of the triangle just cost them a charter member and one of their basketball schools. Now it could cost them the 2 biggest gooses in the entire flock....the two that pay the bills.  

As a Clemson fan and grad I got no problem with moving on.....and many I talk to feel the same way. We don't like the triangle and hate this conferences bias towards basketball and UNC....a school that isnt exactly as holy as their people think they are.

Just ask the NCAA....

nc

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree on ND, he missed the boat on that one.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:06 PM

If anything, this year has reaffirmed that ND can remain independent and still be relevant. Why would they now want to join a conference that it's own founding members want to leave? I don't see any silver lining to this move. Hopefully Jimbo's feelings about the BCS along with MD leaving will get the ball rolling with FSU again.

Big 10 wanted ND... but would not compromise on

Nov 19, 2012, 11:08 PM

partial/full membership...Swoffie caved and it will cost him

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Yeah, I was disappointed when they announced the partial

Nov 19, 2012, 11:12 PM

membership. Swoffie was in a position to put the squeeze on ND, now he is the one being squeezed.

Re: Yeah, I was disappointed when they announced the partial

Nov 19, 2012, 11:28 PM

Just look at the pole that ask if we thought it was a good for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I totally agree on ND, he missed the boat on that one.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:27 PM [ in reply to I totally agree on ND, he missed the boat on that one. ]

Some of the older guys that has been attached to the acc conference as long as Clemson, will have you skinned alive for bringing this up again. Our school, and our very talented players are now getting disrespected b/c of our relationship/ties with the acc. But they want to sit tight b/c this what they are use to. But heck yea, lets get the #### out of this suck hole called the acc. It harshly tarnishes everything attached to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC now...thanks Swofford

Nov 19, 2012, 11:07 PM

we dont have the guts to buck swoff and look at other options

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2012, 11:12 PM

That was 4 months ago. Once FSU starts talkin there is no choice. The money is ridiculously unbalanced the ACC tv deal is a joke. Agree with York this goes to 4 supers eventually and that means Clemson to the Big 12 and bye bye ACC and Big East.

Remember who is the President of the University...

Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 PM

Barker could care less about the success of athletics. Barker just does some half hearted attempts to make it look like he cares about athletics. All Barker really cares about is manipulating the US News & World Report College Rankings, in some Don Quixote-esque attempt to get us up there with Harvard and MIT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember who is the President of the University...

Nov 19, 2012, 11:21 PM

I get it and understand all of that but there comes a point where Barker has no choice. Money talks sweetheart and the board already discussed it once, next time it won't be a debate. It's not about Clemson going rogue it's about the landscape and it is getting to the situation where even Barker can't say no.

Re: Remember who is the President of the University...

Nov 19, 2012, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Remember who is the President of the University... ]

Ahhh, he did vote yes for the 50 mil exit fee. He has done Clemson no favors with his vote. He only made it 10 times harder for Clemson to leave, and that was surely his aim.

UVA and UNC will have an opportunity to jump to the Big 10

Nov 19, 2012, 11:08 PM

It's shaping up really simple...

4 superconferences

The Big 12 will have an eastern and western division (16 teams)

So will the Big 10

It will be interesting to see what the PAC does

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: UVA and UNC will have an opportunity to jump to the Big 10

Nov 19, 2012, 11:35 PM

It will be even more interesting to see how long it take us to draw up to nothing.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:19 PM

I don't think Barker will "let" us leave the ACC. He's tied at the hip with Swofford. FSU and UMd voted against the $50M buyout when ND came in as a partial member, good chance FSU is next....not so sure about us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2012, 11:24 PM

Swofford has no ND football and if FSU goes......sorry Barker has zero choice regardless of his principles. The ACC is toast without FSU and no ND football. Clemson goes with FSU.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:37 PM

I don't think so. Barker sold us out to swoffy with the 50 mil exit fee!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic