Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC bowl games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

ACC bowl games

Dec 30, 2014, 7:58 PM

We have got to get better bowl tie ins in the future. The ACC has no bowl games on New Year's Day. That along with Notre Dame taking up one of the spots while not having to share the proceeds, has killed us. The Orange Bowl is on New Year's Eve. The teams in the ACC have got to start investing in football along with relaxing the admission requirements and curriculum like the SEC and Big 12. For John Swofford to be such a smooth negotiator he sucks with getting our bowl tie ins. We are now out of the Peach, an alternate for the gator and citrus. ACC schools need quality teams and fans that will follow their teams to bowl games,. That is how this wrong can be righted

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC bowl games

Dec 30, 2014, 8:02 PM

Have you seen the ACC bowl record? What about it says we should have better games?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's actually not terrible

Dec 30, 2014, 9:48 PM

Didn't get TE favorable matchups this year because the B1G moved their teams up a slot and really helped out the SEC matchup wise

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's actually not terrible

Dec 30, 2014, 10:27 PM

I agree. Sec avoids pac12 again, yet ACC has teams like unranked Duke take #15 ASU to the wire.

I think a few things need to happen:
1. Must win 7 games to go bowling
2. Must have comparable matchups that rotate yearly (ex. 2015 acc #2 vs sec #2, 2016 acc #2 vs pac12 #2, so on and so forth).
3. Should be based on conference rankings with playoff ranking as tiebreaker.
4. Espn stop making up metrics and spinning statistics to suit their narrative or agenda.

Let me know when all that happens and I'll engage in a legit convo about the quality of conferences (regardless of the fact half the acc is private schools).

You had me until the part about

Dec 30, 2014, 8:03 PM

"lowering admission standards and changing curriculum" . We are better than that

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, Swoffies big follies...along with a lousy TV contract.

Dec 30, 2014, 8:03 PM

He gets praise for expansion and the large buyout agreements, but as long as the ACC has the bowl tie-ins, academic requirements and revenue sharing model, it will always struggle by comparison.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

The biggest problem with the ACC is the asanine communist

Dec 30, 2014, 8:07 PM

model revenue sharing. It rewards a team for not making a bowl game while actually penalizing teams that do.

Crazy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: The biggest problem with the ACC is the asanine communist

Dec 30, 2014, 8:36 PM

The same thing can be said about ACC hoops. Clemson gets a share of the revenue without contributing much.

What would help the ACC bowl tie ins is the teams would win most if not all.

Re: The biggest problem with the ACC is the asanine communist

Dec 30, 2014, 9:38 PM

Yes we do struggle in basketball but football is where the lions share of the money is. The teams in the ACC need to realize this

Dec 30, 2014, 8:10 PM

ACC needs to start winning bowl games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 8:19 PM

Why does everyone keep repeating the inaccurate data about ND. When they take an ACC bowl slot, they don't get all the proceeds. They share like a regular member.

Dec 30, 2014, 8:38 PM

We should have been playing in the Citrus until the "selection committee" decided to bump miss state up three spots. It shouild have been us beating the crap out of Missouri instead of Oklahoma. Still ticks me off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bob Stoops is not too happy either.***

Dec 30, 2014, 8:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2014, 8:57 PM

Unless you are not counting FSU as ACC I thought they play on New Years Day?

swofford only cares about basketball***

Dec 30, 2014, 9:29 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should we eliminate all academic requirements to be like $EC

Dec 30, 2014, 9:33 PM

Lord, I hope not. Let's be the academic conference. After all, the vast majority of student-athletes will go Pro in something other than athletics, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not possible. ACC schools don't travel. We don't have many

Dec 30, 2014, 11:06 PM

huge state schools with large alumni bases like the Big Ten, PAC 12, and SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have no idea what you are asking for.

Dec 31, 2014, 12:27 AM

The SEC morons couldn't function on our team. Our guys are as smart as they are strong, fast and mentally tough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic