Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coming to town
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Coming to town

Mar 11, 2013, 7:56 PM

Buddy and I will come to town for FSU game in October. We go see one or two college games per year. This is out 15th year. Tradition says we eat a good steak the night before. Have any suggestions? We also want some god BBQ. Thoughts?

See you in October.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few suggestions

Mar 11, 2013, 8:25 PM

First of all, are you FSU fans or just college football junkies who like to travel around to different stadiums? The only reason I ask is because I would recommend slightly different things for your visit depending on team allegiance. But anyway here we go:

1) Stay in downtown Greenville the night before. Really nice city and Clemson hotels are astronomically expensive on game weekends. They have a cool waterfall park as well as a great restaurant/bar scene downtown.

2) If you're looking for bbq, go to the smoking pig in Pendleton, SC off of hwy 76. I've been eating bbq all my life and this is the best place I've ever been. It's about 10 minutes from campus and is open for lunch and dinner thurs-sat.

3) The Esso Club is a must when visiting Clemson. ESPN named it the #2 sports bar in America and it is absolutely the place to be on gameday.

4) Parking... here's where my recommendations might differ based on fan allegiance. If you're driving to Clemson and plan on bringing tailgate stuff I would suggest buying a tailgate spot off the internet because Clemson tailgating is legendary. If you're flying and renting a car and don't plan on bringing tailgate stuff, I would park in public parking for free and spend a little more time at the Esso Club or one of the bars downtown. Also, Clemson is known for treating visiting fans like guests so if you unfortunately find yourself wearing nole apparel, walk around the tailgates and enjoy all the free food and beer you'll be offered.

5) Game experience. I would recommend trying to get some tickets in the lower deck to get the full experience of the Clemson atmosphere. However, a big game like FSU is gonna be expensive finding tickets but definitely stay away from the professional scalpers as they jack prices up higher than normal. Look for average fans selling tickets and maybe look online before you get here. Also, make sure to be in your seat at least 30 minutes prior to kickoff to see the team run down the hill. I promise it's something you'll never forget.

I hope this helps and if there's anything else you need feel free to respond to this thread or tmail me and I'll do what I can. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coming to town

Mar 11, 2013, 9:10 PM

agree with smoking pig.

for steak, check out sullivan's in Downtown Anderson, about 30minutes from Clemson

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Re: A few suggestions

Mar 12, 2013, 9:28 AM

Thanks for the info. We are just CFB fans from CO and MA. Seen some great spots. Looking forward to Death Valley.

Re: A few suggestions

Mar 12, 2013, 11:36 AM

In that case, you would be better served coming for the UGA game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

santa?

Mar 12, 2013, 9:30 AM

awesome.

;)

enjoy and safe travels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic