Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A decent SI recap and honest point about SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,995

A decent SI recap and honest point about SEC

Sep 1, 2013, 9:06 AM

But I'm not sure if that point is valid with UGA given their record against top teams. Maybe if they actually win against some top teams this year it changes things. They do play SCar, LSU, and Fl this season. As long as those stay highly ranked then UGA can prove something. But I don't see it being automatic.

But it is true that Clemson has to win every game to be taken seriously.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130901/clemson-tigers-georgia-bulldogs/?sct=hp_t11_a0&eref=sihp

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A decent SI recap and honest point about SEC

Sep 1, 2013, 9:44 AM

Yea, but Boulware was pushed into the ball. The rule is if a player is pushed into the ball then it's as if the player never touched it. Of course that was SEC refs and you never know how that's going to work out. Just a good job by Jones to ensure that the refs couldn't make a bad call. Now lets win games 2 through 14.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. But who could tell he was pushed except for

Sep 1, 2013, 9:54 AM

those of us able to see many replays on TV. It probably wasn't as clear down there in the end zone.

That would have been a video reviewable situation, but like

Sep 1, 2013, 10:54 AM

the other dude said, it was better to not leave it in the hands of the SEC crew.

In the moment no time to think it through

Sep 1, 2013, 12:00 PM

you see a touch and you react. Can't review the rule book in your head.

THIS!***

Sep 1, 2013, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: A decent SI recap and honest point about SEC ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Sep 1, 2013, 10:06 AM

I think the point was to say Clemson had to win due to not playing anyone else until FSU and USC

UGA has to play a hard hitting much improved Tiger team then turn around and play LSU and USC in 2 out of 3 weeks

That's the SEC grind week in week out. Even if you throw in a lesser school it blows away the ACC schedule whether that is right or not is debatable but the fact that it is real is not

Clemson does not face another team until FSU, lose this game and it would be drop off like WVU last year when they were all world, lost a game and espn etc never talked about them again

Huge win sets up a special season

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2013, 10:09 AM

I cant belive you are still here coot

It doesn't matter when you play them, it's that you play

Sep 1, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: A decent SI recap and honest point about SEC ]

them. And the point being made is that UGA is SEC so they can afford to loose more than Clemson. Because Clemson has a history of "Clemsoning". But Georgia has a history of not beating top teams too. So I don't agree with his point. In fact the opposite may be true. UGA just proved they are still stuck in the rut of not being able to beat top teams. It looks at least equal to me that either team has to prove they are overcoming their own history. UGA is not on that path. We are.

Sep 1, 2013, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: A decent SI recap and honest point about SEC ]

No it's not. It's Georgia's grind week 1-4. Their schedule lightens up considerably after that. South Carolina did not draw the challenge of a tough SEC W opponent this year. To spread this "tough week-in and week-out schedule" stuff is a lie.

Kentucky, Arkansas, Mississippi state, auburn, Tennessee, ole miss, missourri and vandy are all manageable teams. Nothing about them strikes fear into the hearts of opponents.

Sep 1, 2013, 10:44 AM

Even western Kentucky and la monroe can win games against them.

"That's the SEC grind week in week out". LOL, you act like

Sep 1, 2013, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: A decent SI recap and honest point about SEC ]

play all the best teams in the SEC year in and year out, but you don't. You still play Kentucky, Vandy, Missouri, Miss State, Arkansas, and Tennessee in conference. That means at least 6 of your 8 SEC games are games you should win.

SEC exaggeration, spoken like the #### you are.

Then don't forget you have a subpar UNC team, UCF, and Coastal Carolina mixed in there for easy wins as well.

You're going to need to do better than spewing your hot air, ####.

Sep 1, 2013, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: A decent SI recap and honest point about SEC ]

We have played 3 SEC teams in a row. So spare me your SEC grind BS. SEC=Southern Excuse Conference

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that article sucked and struck me as sour grapes

Sep 1, 2013, 11:20 AM

Goergia got Clemson'd.

Get used to it sports nation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that article sucked and struck me as sour grapes

Sep 1, 2013, 11:54 AM

It struck me as pretty standard for national sports media. They always without fail see the SEC as less vulnerable in a loss. And the way coaches and media vote, they are right most of the time.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,995
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic