Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 Keys for a Win against FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,211

5 Keys for a Win against FSU

Oct 15, 2013, 1:28 PM

Clemson doesn't need to play a perfect game against FSU to win, but here are 5 things we think they need to do pretty well to set themselves up for a win.

http://www.thetigerswag.com/2013/10/5-keys-for-win-against-fsu.html

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 Keys for a Win against FSU- Oh real keys

Oct 15, 2013, 1:30 PM

not wussie syracuse jingling keys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 Keys for a Win against FSU

Oct 15, 2013, 1:33 PM

I agree that giving up the big play hurts but I don't think preventing it is a key to success. This defense thrives off the big stop and as a result gives up some big plays. If we start messing with that identity we might end up giving up the long sustained drives that prevent our offense from getting possessions.

null

Yep, selective aggressiveness has been our trademark

Oct 15, 2013, 1:44 PM

thus far and has caused the negative plays and sacks. You are right in that will cause you to give up a big play every now and then. We just need to limit those big plays.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whatweeatin, you sir are exactly right. spot on, hit the

Oct 15, 2013, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Keys for a Win against FSU ]

nail on the head, and all those other sayings. after watching the 1st half of the season, and hoping to correct those things, i finally realize that this is who we are. we will give up a "homerun" rarely, to make huge plays and stops the majority of the time. and,the national rankings in several major defensive categories verifies this formula is working for us. with our offensive capabilities, our defense is working and it's one helluva punch,counterpunch we have going on. i wouldn't trade it for anything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 Keys for a Win against FSU

Oct 15, 2013, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 Keys for a Win against FSU ]

I agree in that Clemson's defense is a risk/reward style defense, but we still can't afford to give up the big plays like we have against lesser competition.

With the way our defense has been playing, I'll take them eventually stopping FSU rather than giving them the homerun.

We'll need every point we can get and giving up a few cheap points could haunt us in the end.

Thanks for checking it out!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,211
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic