Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My ridiculous thought... but kinda keeps popping in my head.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

My ridiculous thought... but kinda keeps popping in my head.

Sep 12, 2019, 7:56 PM

There is NO WAY Syracuse wanted to lose, esp like that, to Murland.
That said.. the game doesn't mean much to Dino Babers, who is building a program.
Is it possible, knowing they wouldnt be a playoff team, that Syracuse is putting all their game planning into beating the Tigers?

Beat Maryland, it's a W.

Beat Clemson:
- defeat #1 team in country
- take control of the Atlantic
-leads to potential ACCCG

If I'm trying to save my job, and my team has played Clemson to both a tight loss and tight victory, why not go for the bigger, more meaningful win that you can build on?

I'm sure its not the case... but I cant shake the thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: My ridiculous thought... but kinda keeps popping in my head.

Sep 12, 2019, 7:58 PM

Kwestion? How does losing to Maryland equate to a win against Clemson and helping to save a job?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3rd game of the season.. probably were pretty

Sep 12, 2019, 8:03 PM

vanilla in their opener with Liberty. If they ran a same vanilla game plan, and have spent more time prepping for Clemson, it seems plausible that you hope your good enough to get by Maryland and then give the Tigers looks they've never seen with a gameplan you've spent weeks trying to practice and implement.

Again, its silly I know... but if you were a Cuse fan, would you be disappointed by the loss to MD if you beat Clemson and have the inside line on ACCCG?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: 3rd game of the season.. probably were pretty

Sep 12, 2019, 8:10 PM

You have a point , but a healthy Clemson playing good football and winning the TO battle spells blowout Saturday night .
I think it's going to be tight in the first Q and then we pull away ... far away .

They can throw some new wrinkles in , maybe a trick play or two ...won't matter . I feel like Dabo has a demon to exorcise in that 2017 loss to them up there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: 3rd game of the season.. probably were pretty

Sep 12, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to 3rd game of the season.. probably were pretty ]

It's also important to note that Danny Devito is their QB now ... and he hasn't been in football shape since his "Cheers" days .

DB23

Soy I’ve got a good feeling about going up there and taking care of

Sep 12, 2019, 8:10 PM

Business. You never really know, but I think Dabo and Brent have them prepared and ready. It one of those leave no doubt games. They haven’t missed on many of those.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 8:16 PM

If they lost a close game maybe they were looking ahead. They got steamrolled. It doesn't matter how much they prepare. It will be ugly for them Saturday night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you suggesting Dino is on the hot seat?***

Sep 12, 2019, 8:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 8:23 PM

I like it! So it’s like a triple agent thing, right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've noticed all the games start out tight in the 1st QTR...

Sep 12, 2019, 8:29 PM

...I chalk it up to being scoreless.

Last year's 'Cuse team was better. This one isn't.
Trevor didn't finish last year. Trevor likes to finish.

Trevor may as well start and finish, I guess...'Cuse already knows Brice can whip 'em.

The biggest issue for Syracuse is, Clemson is only taking 70 players, which is fewer than would see action in the Valley.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've noticed all the games start out tight in the 1st QTR...

Sep 12, 2019, 9:27 PM

The limit for number of players on the travel squad really hurts Dabo and Venables. How can they develop fourth and fifth string players if they are not allowed to travel? This means our third string guys will be worn out in the third quarter and Dabo will have to call on the first and second string guys to finish the game. Why do things like this always happen to Clemson?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 9:30 PM

Clemson by 35 and do to his job what they may.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 9:41 PM

I love you Soy. I like the true thought of what could be, in defense of our Tigers. The
Thought to your point had not crossed my mind but I’ll submit two things:

1- I don’t think Dino would play to lose. Period.
In the manner they lost was epic to a Maryland team.

2 - If you or any of us nut job tiger fans thought it, I’ll be dad-gummed if Dabo and BV hadn’t stayed up all night for a week this summer strategizing said scenario.

Go Tigers. Rest easy Soy and Beat the snot outta Cuse!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic