Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 things that made this a very "uncomfortable" win....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

3 things that made this a very "uncomfortable" win....

Sep 4, 2016, 8:46 AM

(1) Late hit by Boulware (###), (2) Gallman running out of bounds to stop the clock on the last drive, (3) then the boneheaded decision to go for it on 4th and 4 instead of kicking an easy FG.

Hate to say it, but that was some of the worst playcalling I've seen in a while. Reminded me of Morris refusing to alter his gameplan in spite of overwhelming evidence that his plan wasn't working.

Of course I'm happy about the win, but I'm underwhelmed. This should have been a comfortable 10-point win. Instead, it turned into a near cardiac incident.

We got lucky last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: 3 things that made this a very "uncomfortable" win....

Sep 4, 2016, 8:48 AM

Agree 100%

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 8:50 AM

Agree, but I do think our talent and my confidence in our players kept me from completely flipping out as the game unfolded.

Go Tigers!!!

exactly right.

Sep 4, 2016, 8:54 AM

I said the same thing about it looking like a Chad Morris game plan. Hope Tony hasn't started overthinking the play calls.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 8:55 AM

Agree! I stopped watching with about 4 minutes to go, and just sped through to see the final score on the recording. Absolutely too painful to watch. If any indication, we'll be 9-3 or 10-2 at best during regular season; Watson for Heisman is laughable; and he may even need to stay for another year to make up for the position he will be put in by horrendous playcalling! Sad!

Sep 4, 2016, 8:56 AM

Agree but things I am pleased with. Our DEs more than held up and Our DL as a whole looks nasty. For all of auburns problems at the skill spots both of their lines are experienced and talented. Fsu is the only othe team we will face with similar lines. The head scratcher to me was more why weren't we distributing the ball more? It was Williams gallman that's it, for all the talk of being so deep at wr and rb where was everyone?

Sep 4, 2016, 9:09 AM

Agree with all the above...I kept saying "throw the ball around some" which is something Watson is great at! The gameplan was definitely lacking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic