Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The article about Adams just confirms what we already know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

The article about Adams just confirms what we already know

Jan 29, 2013, 1:21 PM

(or should know): the ACC is hurting us in recruiting. I know a lot of people like to stick their heads in the sand about it, but I think it is the case.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so what?

Jan 29, 2013, 1:26 PM

I think pretty much everyone knows this, but a lot of people would rather things stay the way they were last year instead of other ACC teams meeting their potential (and that's really all the ACC needs: GT, VT, UVa, UNC, Miami, BC, and NC State meeting their potential). If that happens, then it's the super-conference we all thought we'd have when we first added BC, VT, and Miami.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Jan 29, 2013, 1:30 PM

Re: I don't care if you
Posted: Jan 29, 2013 1:27 PM Reply

are Alabama, when you have to rely on trying to sell your conference over selling your school or coaches then either you are inferior to CLEMSON or there is a deeper rooted problem!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Jan 29, 2013, 2:15 PM

Have you been to BAMA????

they can sell it all...coaches, school, tradition, NC's, facilities, and yes conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Scottie Cochran and the 'roids program....***

Jan 29, 2013, 5:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there any team in college football as big as Alabama?

Jan 29, 2013, 10:47 PM

I think that answer is pretty clear. No.

Alabama looks as big as teams in the NFL. Then too, PEDs are used by the majority of NFL players. Just a realistic observation.

Does Alabama spend more time in the weight room than everyone else? No.

Does Alabama use radical techniques that no one else is using? No.

Does Alabama make an effort to only recruit kids that are bigger than everyone else? No.

I think the description is "deductive reasoning".

Too, is Alabama the only school that appears bigger and stronger than everyone else? No. Don't have too look too far for some of those schools.

Overall, it needs to be addressed and fixed. Or else everyone should be allowed to do it, which I don't think is best for the game.

As we all figured...

Jan 29, 2013, 1:31 PM

The SEC biased ESPN and SEC reporters seem to easily forget the Louisville beatdown and the Clemson win over top 10 SEC teams. Guess there is only one thing for us to do. Whip up on UGA and USCe next year...and the year after.

WNCTiger11

Re: The article about Adams just confirms what we already know

Jan 29, 2013, 1:34 PM

absolutely no question that the ACC is hurting us BIG TIME in recruiting!!until the football schools get together and demand proper changes it is what it will be...the first step is FIRE SWOFFIE!!!!!!!! then start to make changes

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It only confirms that the SEC tries to use it against us.

Jan 29, 2013, 1:34 PM

I don't recall Robinson saying he flipped to Florida because they're in the SEC, but even if he did, that's one kid. And I don't care what the article says, it didn't quote Adams saying he wants to play in the SEC.

So who else are you referring to?

The bottom line is winning. Win and build relationships. That's enough to attract even better players which spawns more winning. See the cycle?

I think you're making it out to be more than it is.

Well there isn't anything anyone can do about that.....

Jan 29, 2013, 1:35 PM

We are in The ACC and are going to be staying in The ACC. The Big12 would more than likely kill local recruiting and the chance of pulling a lot of players of of Texas is slim. That is the only place to get players in their footprint.

FSU, Miami, and Clemson have all signed and will continue to sign very good classes being in The ACC.

I also keeping reading how much more money the other conferences make compared to the ACC. I read a Forbes artical recently and The ACC was only about two million behind the top and more than The SEC. ACC this year 22.4M SEC 19.8M.

your numbers are way off on $$$***

Jan 29, 2013, 1:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Your" = Forbes.***

Jan 29, 2013, 1:43 PM

Well please tell me what they are? And please just don't

Jan 29, 2013, 1:47 PM [ in reply to your numbers are way off on $$$*** ]

give me what you think please use a reference. I could have remembered the numbers wrong but not by much. The ACC is doing much better than the we hate The ACC crowd on here would lead you to believe.

The Forbes numbers are attached in this link........

Jan 29, 2013, 1:56 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13541449

ACC looking pretty good in that link***

Jan 29, 2013, 2:18 PM

Willphil I wasn't asking you sorry..

Jan 29, 2013, 3:48 PM [ in reply to The Forbes numbers are attached in this link........ ]

nm

You're kidding right?***

Jan 29, 2013, 10:35 PM

Well that's a fact filled post.***

Jan 29, 2013, 10:52 PM [ in reply to your numbers are way off on $$$*** ]

Where did he go anyway?***

Jan 29, 2013, 11:06 PM

"SEC Money"......

Jan 29, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Well there isn't anything anyone can do about that..... ]
Conf Money.JPG(40.1 K)

Regardless of what it is, it does not mean as much as winning.

: "SEC Money"......Ain't helping Tennessee.

Jan 29, 2013, 2:08 PM

$200 million in debt.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-01-28/tennessee-athletics-department-debt-200-million-sec-derek-dooley-dave-hart

Wow. How does that happen in the SEC?***

Jan 29, 2013, 10:36 PM

Bigger stadiums, bigger interest, bigger games--we all know

Jan 29, 2013, 1:37 PM

this because at Clemson we have the same affinity to SEC school fans in our passion for football.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All youngsters are not shallow minded as some are thinking.

Jan 29, 2013, 1:42 PM

All our coaches have to do is point out the ACC players in the NFL and the fact that the old system is going away after 2013 (even in 2013 all Clemson has to do is win as ND did in 2012). The SEC's days of media promoted dominance is coming to an end. It's obvious to anyone with a brain. So soon enough the school, as it should be, is the main priority for players who aren't bribable.

There's no solution to that problem though

Jan 29, 2013, 1:46 PM

Do you think if we bolted to the Big 12 or Big 10 that would magically solve the "SEC problem"? I bet the SEC coaches coaches are selling "the SEC" just as hard to kids looking at schools in these other onferences (and why wouldn't you considering how they have won a ridiculous amount of titles recently). I don't know why people won't accept that the SEC ain't calling though...accepting reality is not "putting your head in the sand."

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a solution.......

Jan 29, 2013, 1:57 PM

WIN

The article about crowder confirms what we already knew.

Jan 29, 2013, 2:00 PM

The sec is hurting uga in recruiting. He is leaning toward clemson over uga. Has to be the conference.

We beat mightly LSU and Auburn, lost to USC....we are a

Jan 29, 2013, 2:03 PM

competitor to those clowns and fear them not!

Jan 29, 2013, 2:06 PM

Its not that Clemson doesnt sell, Clemson alone sells fune... it is just very easy to look at a recruit and say, "Do you want to play Florida, LSU, Alabama and Georgia or Wake Forest, Duke and BC and Syracuse?"

The real winner? They will want to play the best.

Jan 29, 2013, 2:07 PM

Some recruits it matters, some it does not... but if I was in the SEC and a coach, I will tell that to any recruit looking at an ACC school

Jan 29, 2013, 2:16 PM

so a simple question. do you people think clemson or the coots or practically any team in the sec has an easier path to the title game. we play a very good schedule every year. most recruits are not as ignorant as a lot on this board. we have and will continue to recruit very well because we have a very good product to sell. clemson is what brings recruits in. maybe some of you that claim to have gone to school there forget these things.

I thought it was funny, when the National Champion

Jan 29, 2013, 2:07 PM

Alabama Crimson Tide had to pull out the SEC card to try to sway him. He still signs with Clemson.

Agree. I think a lot of this is for the NSD suspense factor.

Jan 29, 2013, 2:41 PM

Quiet honestly, I would be more concerned about Auburn with them being the only team that has the possibility of Adams playing with Lawson as Clemson does.

total thumbs down

Jan 29, 2013, 4:27 PM

nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave you a thumbs up because I couldn't give the OP a

Jan 29, 2013, 10:38 PM

thumbs down :)

It just confirms SEC schools have nothing to offer than...

Jan 29, 2013, 5:34 PM

saying SEC, SEC all the time. At this point of recruiting SEC schools have nothing to sell their school on to these recruits. SEC schools are terrible academically, so they don't even have that to bring up with recruits and their parents.

So when Adams signs with Clemson that means what?***

Jan 29, 2013, 5:43 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

This has been hurting us for a while, but it is really

Jan 29, 2013, 6:31 PM

hitting had now. This may be the new normal. We are in somewhat of a fix. Our top recruiting grounds are Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. Kids in those states want to play in the ACC. We may find ourselves having a harder time recruiting than our ACC counterparts. At least they, with the exception of GT and FSU, are recruiting areas where kids don't eat, sleep and breath SEC.

Nonsense.

Jan 29, 2013, 10:38 PM

Prove it.

The SEC hurts the ACC in recruiting...

Jan 29, 2013, 6:48 PM

but not Clemson. We are not the ACC we are Clemson and we have held our own in recruiting every year except the TB departure.

We didn't get what we needed because TB didn't know what we needed and he ran the show.

James and CJ had practically no blocking because TB did know they need blockers.

Dabo has turned this recruiting around and we've just begun to develop people who can block and tackle.

Our defense, especially our secondary, is the last phase of installing the final touches on this great team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic