Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
10% improvement seems reasonable.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,220

10% improvement seems reasonable.

Aug 15, 2019, 9:48 PM

For the Tiger offense. In fact, considering virtually every skill player is returning, 10% improvement may be a conservative estimate.

But, if you did here is what the stats would look like:

Total offense - 580
Scoring offense - 48.7

Heck, why not just round it up and say 600 yards and 50 points per game?

(And, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if you got 800 and 80 against aTm. :) )

I just checked. All time NCAA records are 56 points per game (723 total points) and 625 yards per game. None of those are outlandish.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, 16.5-0 seems reasonable for this season***

Aug 15, 2019, 10:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, the Alabama post game(as in a month or two) pundits

Aug 16, 2019, 6:37 AM

created enough points that BAMA should have scored as to have made Bama the winner. I mean, they came up with about 35 more points Bama left on the board.They created it out of thin air. So, I don't see whey we can't manufacture 1.5 more wins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10% improvement seems reasonable.

Aug 15, 2019, 10:12 PM

You have to keep in mind that last year's Defense was one of the best in college football history resulting in a lot of three-and-outs and short drives by our opponents. This in turn resulted in our the Offense having more possessions than normal. The 2019 Defense will be good, but I think we all agree the performance by the 2018 Defense will drop off a bit from last year resulting in our Offence having fewer possession. I would be very happy, even a bit surprised if the 2019 Offense can match the 2018 Offense numbers. It will be interesting to see how the stats compare at the end of the year.

Aug 15, 2019, 10:16 PM

But, on the other hand, if the defense is not up to last year's level, the first team offense may get a few more series each game. That 40-3 win may turn into a 56-20 game.

Aug 16, 2019, 10:50 AM

Not at all. The exact opposite will happen. If the defense is not up to last year's level, the offense will get fewer series, not more.

In fact, the run defense will be critical. It's pretty obvious it won't be up to the standard of last year. The more an opponent runs the ball successfully, the more the clocks gets eaten up. Since the secondary will actually be better, the #1 goal offenses will have this year is testing the D-line.

Aug 16, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: 10% improvement seems reasonable. ]

I think we've lead the nation or at least been in the top 3 on 3 and outs for the last 5 of 6 years. even after Coach V had to replace 8 starters on defense a few years ago. Don't expect that much of a drop off seeing as the talent level had dramatically increased over that same time period.

Aug 15, 2019, 10:17 PM

What's 10% of 44 ?

Asking for a short head coachin' dude

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 15, 2019, 10:26 PM

10% of 44 = Alabama unless we put the hammer down and then it might be 5% of 60 and still = Alabama roll’in away!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 15, 2019, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: 10% improvement seems reasonable. ]

Depends.......in Clemson, SC it’s 4.4. In GA, AL, MS, TN it’s 10,000 or so.

Aug 15, 2019, 11:02 PM

Coaches hold the reins; at least, that is what I think. Will the offensive maturity show up on the scoreboard, or in the rotation? Or, in 4th quarter, up the middle, kill the clock runs?
The drop off on defense may not be as noticeable as expected. There are some highly ranked replacements stepping in, and the depth chart is growing stronger. Key players have moved on but there is some great talent stepping in.

I am actually a little surprised that the all time record is

Aug 16, 2019, 8:30 AM

only 56 points per game. Back in prehistoric times when I was in school, seemed like the Nebraskas and Oklahomas of the world were always beating somebody 70-7. I well remember parlay (for entertainment purposes only, of course!) cards having those teams giving up 49 or more a game, and still being a good bet. Man, that 5 on 5 was, and still is, a sucker bet. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 8:39 AM

Don't discount the impact of HR13 graduating. He came through countless times with 8 and 9 yard catches in 3rd and 7 situations.

Now that he's gone, we'll be going to TH5 or JR8 for 50+ yard TD's in those situations, which will make it more diffucult to keep the score down. 80 ppg average.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,220
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic