»
Topic: #1 Reason you should root for FSU
Replies: 14   Last Post: Jan 3, 2014 8:40 AM by: Tiger Woods
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14  

#1 Reason you should root for FSU

[1]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:18 AM

Listen, I know how much hatred you have for FSU. I have the same hatred. But the reason you root for FSU to not only win but to curb stomp Auburn is because of one reason. Here it is....

Starting next year the top 4 teams get into a playoff to play for the NC. Those 4 teams are voted in.

If Clemson wants a GOOD chance to get into the final 4 we must go undefeated OR our only loss comes to the hands of the #1 team in America. Let's be realistic here, FSU will be dominant for quite some time. It's going to be a difficult task to go into DOAK and beat them. But if FSU loses this game against Auburn then they will be perceived as a weak ACC team and a loss to them gives us zero shot at the final four. If FSU is perceived as the #1 most dominant team in America and Clemson's only loss is to that team on the road, then we have a GREAT shot of making it into the final 4.

There are other good reasons to root for FSU but to me this is the main reason.

Go ACC!
Go Tigers!

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

how about "i hate awbarn mor worser"?

[3]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:20 AM

i didn't see that one on the list.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Another good reason***

[2]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:21 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

haha

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:22 AM

awesome.

go tigers!

haha? We'll have none of the funny on this bored.***

[1]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:25 AM

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

mine was an unconditioned response to tiger woods

[1]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:29 AM

starting the funny.

i admit a weakness to the funny & sins of the flesh with hawt women that have HUGE tracts of land.

let he amongst you...

my theory on playoffs and polls

[2]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:23 AM

Is unchanged. Win. . Win and don't worry. If you lose, then deal with the consequences.
The day an undefeated Clemson is left out of national championship contention is the day I will worry about polls, strength of schedules, or stupid committees.

It will make it much easier for Clemson to get into the

[2]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:24 AM

final 4 if FSU wins.

The reason you root for FSU is completely self-fulfilling for our own interests. Not for any type of love for FSU. You can hate FSU and still want them to win.

Any team that wins out withing one of the major five...

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:37 AM

conferences will get a seed in the playoff. I'd imagine if all five conferences have undefeated conference champs SOS will determine which is left out. I doubt that will ever happen.

I completely agree with you. If we can't go undefeated against the teams on our schedule we don't deserve a shot.

I wouldnt pull for Auburn if they were the only team playing

[1]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:27 AM

Auburn and Alabama are without question or exception the two most rogue and cheating programs in NCAA history. I have zero respect for either team.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

^^^ misspelled awbarn.***

[1]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:30 AM

If FSU is our only loss and they dominate AU to end this...

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:31 AM

season we could get an invite if they haven't blown us out. The selection committee would not have put Clemson in a playoff this year even if we'd have beaten the coots.

It really is impossible to imagine how the playoff system will work but I think not winning one's conference title will certainly eliminate most teams. This year, I speculate, Bama may have gotten the nod over the Big 12 champ though everything I've read about the playoff seeding is contrary to that. I think a loss will be more scrutinized more than a win.

Exactly

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:35 AM

And if our only loss is to the #1 team in America, we could argue that we are the #2 team in America with wins over UGA, Lousville and Scar.

FSU MUST win this game.

Re: #1 Reason you should root for FSU

[1]
Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:34 AM

Your logic is flawed because FSU could lose a game next year other than Clemson.After all Bama lost twice this season,as did several other top 5 teams that were in the NC hunt.
I do agree that Clemson will have to go undefeated,but one loss to any team will most likely eliminate us,regardless of FSU's ranking.
Also,I could care less how FSU/The ACC will be percieved,and how the pundits will extoll the powers that will be if Auburn wins.
Try this one on for size.
FSU is allready clearly ahead of us in recruiting.
Winning the NC does nothing to help Clemson's cause in any fashion.
I'll let the chips fall where they may,but as much as I dislike Auburn,I dislike FSU even more.
Go Auburn.

If recruiting is your concern

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 8:40 AM

I argue that Auburn, UGA, and Scar are bigger threats to our recruiting. So, we should be rooting for ACC because of that alone.

The odds of FSU going undefeated next year are good. Our only focus is trying to get into the final 4. Once we get there anything can happen.

Auburn winning does NOTHING for us. FSU will still get great recruiting classes regardless if they win or not.

Getting rid of the recruiting ammo about the myth of the SEC is vital to our future.

Replies: 14  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (2) Section UE...$3000 for the pair. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
608 people have read this post