Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BCS programs who have never played in major bowl:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Feb 21, 2014, 11:48 PM

Only 6 out of 65.

Vanderbilt
Iowa St
Rutgers
South Florida
South Carolina
North Carolina St

Major Bowls = Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Fiesta Bowl. The Cotton Bowl was also considered a "major" bowl up until 1995

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the Outback ?

Feb 21, 2014, 11:55 PM

I saw a podium and heard about a trophy...that isn't major ? Well cover me in feathers and call me a chicken.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: What about the Outback ?

Feb 22, 2014, 12:01 AM

Will coot be O K for ya;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about the Outback ?

Feb 22, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to What about the Outback ? ]

no even close!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blame falling on

Feb 21, 2014, 11:25 AM

strength of opponents in the SEC in 3 ...2... 1....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I don't think the chickens will have any answer to this.

Feb 22, 2014, 12:02 AM

Spurrier wasn't hired to win credit card bowls ;)

Re: I don't think the chickens will have any answer to this.

Feb 22, 2014, 10:13 AM

O yes they will!! Bama played in one so they played in one!just how the c$$ts think!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that dog don't hunt, there are 2 sec teams on that list.***

Feb 23, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Blame falling on ]

4 of those teams seem to fit

Feb 21, 2014, 11:58 PM

In such a weak grouping , but seeing Rutgers and Vanderbilt lumped in with those other pencil-necked programs knocked me back a little. They should be ashamed of themselves.

DB23

Re: 4 of those teams seem to fit

Feb 22, 2014, 12:03 AM

One of those teams believe they are National Champs b/c Bama was. SEC SEC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at NC State as well***

Wolfpackers have always sucked....

Feb 23, 2014, 2:28 PM

except for a few yrs in the 70's when Louzer was coaching there....

USF

Didn't have a football team until like 1997 . They get a pass. The rest of these patty cakes ought to be shot and sold to dog food manufacturers. Wasting my time just typing this ...

DB23

True.***

Feb 22, 2014, 12:02 AM

Re: USF

Feb 22, 2014, 12:06 AM [ in reply to USF ]

Actually, they should be shot with chit and hung for stinking. Well, one of them peck in chicken chit daily!!!

Typical Coot replies to follow

Feb 22, 2014, 12:05 AM

Hi Five Bowl ? We , we , we beat like Clemson and stuff. Hey did anyone see Clowner tackle that dude from Michigan in the Paramount Pictures Presents Bowl like two years ago and stuff ? Oh and we beat Clemson and Clemson sucks.

DB23

Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl:

Feb 22, 2014, 12:07 AM

Ya can't spell "CITRUS" without usc.

How incredibly ironic Spurrier's little play on words has come back to bite him in the derriere....that sound you hear is Phil Fulmer chuckling....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Well we aren't Clemson "

Feb 22, 2014, 12:09 AM

That is a fact , Stevers.
Clemson has been in a Sugar Bowl and 5 Orange Bowls.
Meanwhile , back at Delusion U.

DB23

Re: " Well we aren't Clemson "

Feb 22, 2014, 12:15 AM

Where oh where are all the Cooters!!????!?!?!?

Re: " Well we aren't Clemson "

Feb 22, 2014, 9:13 AM [ in reply to " Well we aren't Clemson " ]

Also 1 Cotton Bowl.

They should make that list of losers

Feb 22, 2014, 12:19 AM

A secondary CFB playoff next year ...since no chance in FivePoints will any of them even sniff the actual one.
I don't know , call it the " CFB Charity Bowl , each team gets spotted a TD in the half of their choice and blocking is not allowed except on 3 rd downs. Also , the referees will be B List celebrities like John Tesh or Fran Drescher . It would be a hoot.
My money is on Iowa State next year , just a hunch.

DB23

Seems arbitrary. How did you choose the 65?***

Feb 22, 2014, 1:35 AM

Guessing teams from current BCS conferences***

Feb 22, 2014, 1:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems arbitrary. How did you choose the 65?***

Feb 22, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Seems arbitrary. How did you choose the 65?*** ]

Poor pathetic chicken fan doesn't like facts

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Are you serious?? Let me put it this way:

Feb 23, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Seems arbitrary. How did you choose the 65?*** ]

90% of the teams in AQ conferences have made it to major bowls at some point.

South Carolina, your school, has not. You are one of only 6 teams on the AQ list who have never, I repeat, NEVER made a major bowl. Ever. In the history of mankind.

Other teams on the list include fellow SEC member Vanderbilt, and traditional powerhouses like Iowa St, Rutgers, NC State, and USF. USF gets a pass since they are relative newcomers. You have been playing football for something like 120 seasons. Never sniffed a major bowl. Not even in the best 4-yr "era" of your history.. when you accomplished more than ever, you were still unable to do it.

Let me know if any additional questions. Hopefully this helps.

Feb 22, 2014, 1:39 AM

That's not a complete list UNC, Duke, UVA, BC, and Kentucky haven't played in those games just off the top of my head and I am sure there are more..............

Nope

Feb 22, 2014, 1:51 AM

Duke played in rose (actually hosted it) orang and cotton
UNC played in sugar and cotton
UVA played in sugar
BC played in sugar, orange and cotton (played us)
Kentucky played in orange, sugar, and cotton

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a softball...Do some homework folks.

Feb 22, 2014, 3:21 AM

Thumbs up.

People remember games that actually happen far longer than rankings

Feb 22, 2014, 2:14 AM

No denying the big bowls are big venues for CFB to be seen by a national audience. I don't think I would have traded that OB win for much other than a title game appearance. That game is an instant Clemson classic.

Just the lamest attempts

Feb 22, 2014, 7:21 PM

To deny or make excuses for their ineptitude can be made on this subject matter. I don't see any Iowa State or Vandy fans crying over it. Somebody has to be the butt of jokes ...Coots are good at that.

DB23

Feb 22, 2014, 6:02 AM

The only 2 BCS bowls you guys played in , we beat you by double digits each time and we won't mention the Orange Bowl against West Virginia. You want to belittle our accomplishments but your accomplishments with the BCS have one common theme....you lost to us by double digits each time. I don't get the bravado and put downs. It will always come back to your best in the BCS fell short against us. That is just an out and out fact, so I will take our lack of success and the fact that we belong to the strongest conference in the land that just has way too many BCS teams, but nowhere to put them.....the BCS couldn't take but 2....hey, what ever makes you feel better is OK with me. The facts remain....

Feb 22, 2014, 6:39 AM

"The only 2 BCS bowls you guys played in , we beat you by double digits..."

My initial thought: Why is a WVU fan responding to this article? WVU trolls on this site?

Then I continue reading...

Oh, a Scar response. Wonderful.

BCS accomplishments = accomplishments that happen in BCS games.

No BCS games = no BCS accomplishments. Single tear.

Hope that didn't just blow your mind.

"That is just an out and out fact, so I will take our lack of success and the fact that we belong to the strongest conference in the land that just has way too many BCS teams, but nowhere to put them..."

So you're OK with your lack of success? Well, Scar is the right school for you, buddy!

Way too many BCS teams? This year's two teams didn't fair quite so well. Auburn had a magical year, but lost to an ACC school IN A FOOTBALL GAME. And to the SEC supporters, isn't that an abomination before the eyes of God (or worse yet Saban's eyes)? Oh yeah, and Alabama. Last time that "BCS" team played, OU trembled in fear as they repeatedly kicked Bama's ace up and down the field.

Scar fans are forever cursed with the little brother syndrome. In their state and in their conference of choice. Yet another single tear.

~JKB

Feb 22, 2014, 7:22 AM

Nice little comeback...it is still what it is....your best still wasn't good enough to beat us. Thanks for your attention to detail.....maybe next year ?

Feb 22, 2014, 7:58 AM

Thats what is wrong with coot fans today...the only talk that they have is the little streak against clemson...WOW!! Coot fans dont care if they lose every game as long as they beat clemson and live on the fact that they are in the SEC and use the reason they never can accomplish anything and the reason being because of the good teams in the SEC, well im sure bama plays pretty good in that conference every year because they got better so i guess the coots better get better to compete in the SEC or start lobbying to get out of the SEC, because im sure everyone knows that the coots will never win a SEC championship.

Yeah, they beat like Clemson and stuff. Isn't that something? Isn't It????

Feb 22, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

stamps little chicken feet. And they get to post in their "trophy case" a newspaper clipping showing they were ranked #4 by some voters. awesome.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Yeah, they beat like Clemson and stuff. Isn't that something? Isn't It????

Feb 22, 2014, 8:58 AM

And the number 4 ranking is at the end of the year after the bowl games...doesnt really mean anything at the end of the year...

but it's just a newspaper clipping. or did they give themselves a 4th place

Feb 22, 2014, 9:14 AM

trophy?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

your best - EVER - gets you to a mid-level bowl

Feb 22, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

as you say, facts are facts, little bro.

Little USC has never been a player, and never will be.

Monroenc

Feb 22, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

Please ban this doofus coot !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thing is

Feb 24, 2014, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

this isn't our best 5 year period. Going by an unbiased source and formula this is the 11th best 5 year period in our history.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/acc/clemson/best_5_years.php

Notice that none of the periods ranked higher contain any of the years involved in that five year period.

This is, however, the best 5 year period in South Carolina history.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/south_carolina/best_5_years.php

Also notice that unlike Clemson the second, third, fourth, and fifth best five year periods in your history all contain a portion of the years used to compile your best.

He didn't say BCS bowls, he said "major bowls"

Feb 22, 2014, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

which goes back much further than just the BCS era. We've played in quite a few.

Reading isn't your strong suit, huh?

Feb 22, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

MAJOR bowls. We've played in more than just the two we've been in the last five years.

But then I forgot you guys don't consider anything other than the last five years to have ever happened.

I guess no one can blame you for that because other than the last five years you are Iowa State South.

Monroenc

Feb 22, 2014, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

We really don't care what you have to say!! Take your coot opinions and diatribe over to FGF. You're just on this site to antagonize and infuriate Clemson fans. Hopefully, you will be banned soon and we won't have to listen to anymore of your biased nonsense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2014, 7:21 AM

But we all know that only one of those six really matters!

Please reconfirm --- I find it difficult to believe that

Feb 22, 2014, 7:28 AM

Vanderbilt, Iowa St , Rutgers , South Florida, or North Carolina St have never played in a major bowl.

it's not that difficult to research yourself

Feb 22, 2014, 9:10 AM

there's this thing called the internet that has all this information.

I'll spot you one - here's NC State

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/acc/north_carolina_state/bowl_history.php

you can do the rest on your own right here:

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia_team_index.php

WOOSH!***

Feb 22, 2014, 4:00 PM

Thank you --- Thank you very much***

Feb 24, 2014, 4:47 AM

Feb 22, 2014, 8:38 AM

but but but but usEc played on new years....and has a bloomin' onion trophy......that has to be major...and look what they have in their wallet?? that's major isnt it.....

And all that new lipstick they are putting on their pig....that just reeks major bowl....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Feb 22, 2014, 9:20 AM

Not sure what your criteria are, but I am almost certain USC did play Texas in the Cotton Bowl years ago, and King Dixon from Laurens ran a kick off back over 100 yards to seal the victory for the Gamecocks. Now don't jump on me for pointing that out, because I do truly hate them as much as anyone on this board.

Feb 22, 2014, 9:32 AM

Southern California is USC

chickens have never played in the cotton bowl.

Feb 22, 2014, 9:40 AM

The dirt peckers played Texas in Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas in 1957 but it was not a Bowl Game.

Feb 22, 2014, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the correction. I should not have overrated their accomplishments!

Feb 22, 2014, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

Coots have never played in The Cotton Bowl. Played in 8 bowls before they won their first in 1995 (Carquest). They might have played in Cotton Bowl STADIUM, but it wasn't in the bowl game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Memory from USC's "Cotton Bowl"...LOLl:

Feb 22, 2014, 4:32 PM

“In ’57, we defeated Texas down there,” Bob recalls. “(Carolina’s) King Dixon ran the opening kickoff back 98 yards for a touchdown. He got so excited he ‘did it’ in his pants. Everyone knows that story. He had to decide whether to go to the dressing room or go back to the bench. So he went back to the bench, and we had pretty loose huddles the rest of that game. We were about a four-touchdown underdog and won that game 27-21.”

They may have played Miami in the Orange Bowl

Feb 22, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: BCS programs who have never played in major bowl: ]

Back in the day, too. Game was in the regular season, but venue was 100% Orange Bowl.

That counts, right?

usUc hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!***

Feb 22, 2014, 1:34 PM

USuC to join Southern Conference member

Feb 22, 2014, 1:49 PM

No long SEC member ;)

If the BCS system was all welfare

Feb 22, 2014, 4:09 PM

Then surely the coots would have qualified for one by now.

How about BCS programs that never played in an official BCS

Feb 22, 2014, 4:15 PM

bowl game ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Again I say, has to suck to be a coot!

Feb 22, 2014, 4:24 PM

nmr

awhat you need to understand is...

Feb 22, 2014, 4:32 PM

No matter what you run through a chickens mind it only ends up comin' out their behind. Data in , Data out.

DB23

I am not sure of all statisticals

Feb 22, 2014, 4:42 PM

But playing a game that can possibly end in an accolade (one of five or so) , and having 122 (+/-) years to accomplish that goal ...and then failing to do so after that seemingly vast amount of time would be not only heartbreaking for the pathetic institutions that were so weak as to never get over that hump but also , the fans and alumni would possibly develop an inferiority complex over such destitute failure for upwards of 1.25 centuries. We are talking about generational ineptitude here folks , the likes of which can only be seen as humiliation on a grand scale. It could possibly lead that group to applaud even the remotest positives and forgive that epoch of dismal failure as if it never even took place. Thank god I am a Clemson Tiger .

DB23

I love it when Coots sqwack

Feb 22, 2014, 5:02 PM

On about how we embrace our history on the gridiron. Must be hard for them to swallow , when you consider that theirs is littered with "what ifs". I guess clinging to these last 5 years isn't talking about your history , huh ? The stunted brainpower of the American Coot.
I am laying odds that either ISU or USF get their names off of that ignominious list before the Columbicoots do...no doubt in my mind. They have been in the best cycle of their entire existence and haven't had so much as a chance to put that implausible anti-feat to rest . I know that some of you remember way back in the days of the Garnetians SEC Divisional Championship run and think "They could have done it then , they were so very close" . 56-17 isn't close guys ...not even in the same area code as close. That epic failure epitomizes over a century of Chickens laying eggs that wont hatch.

DB23

The Chicken Curse

Feb 22, 2014, 5:08 PM

Is still evident today. With all their talk of change ...all the facilities "upgrades" ...all the internet grandstanding and regular season successes they are still who the nation knows they are , a second tiered wanna-be program mired in the wrong conference for their capability and who desperately seek affirmation that will never come. Spurrier has improved them as a team , but reality will set in once he leaves town. That dumpster fire is just a smolderin' under all this latest hooplah...just a smolderin' .

DB23

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic