Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO most Tigernetters/Fans don't realize what being #3 means
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

IMO most Tigernetters/Fans don't realize what being #3 means

Oct 1, 2013, 2:30 PM

and what is needed to keep at that high level..and maybe even this goes for our Tiger Team..for it's been 25 years since Clemson has been there..just for a week or so..and FSU took it away from us in one play (Puntrooskie)..and it's taken many coaches to get us back to #3..about the highest we've been since 1981 or maybe even before that great NC year.

Saying..are We (the Team and/or Fans) ready to embrace it as if ours and fight to keep it..or are we going to grin & cross our fingers with that probable "temporary" ranking that shows we've finally arrived in the eyes of the media (and maybe College Football Fans around the Nation)..but not so much with us since this is a new scary stage for Us?

It's going to be very difficult to be in the Top 5 or even Top 10 week after week..but I'd like to do all I can as a rabid Clemson fan to stay in the Top 5 or better..and be a Bama, or UGa, or OHIOst, or Oregon type football school or fan base that expects to be there all the time.

What say you?! Go#3TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO most Tigernetters/Fans don't realize what being #3 means

Oct 1, 2013, 2:32 PM

Amen and GOOOO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO

Oct 1, 2013, 2:36 PM

As a fan we are in rare air and it is fun to be able to wonder how our season will play out and have legitimate reason to believe. As opposed to thinking this is our year and watching bama run over us in the dome. I for one will not apologize for the excitement of being nervous for, defensive of, cocky about the Tigers.

Re: IMO

Oct 1, 2013, 2:38 PM

What a great comment! I agree--ALL IN for OUR TIGERS!!!!!!

Oct 1, 2013, 2:42 PM

very true. enjoy it while we have it regardless how long that may be

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2013, 2:48 PM

Be loud and proud and confident and remember every game we play from here out, we're playing for it all.

I suggest we submit poems

Oct 1, 2013, 2:51 PM

on the subject "What bring number 3 means to me."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suggest we submit poems- OK here goes

Oct 1, 2013, 3:08 PM

Rose are red,
violets are blue.
Being number three is sweet.
And I'm not looking down the board for you.

By Anonymouse

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suggest we submit poems- OK here goes

Oct 1, 2013, 3:54 PM

Bulldogs are red
TarHeels are blue
We are going to NY
To beat Syracue

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suggest we submit poems

Oct 1, 2013, 4:14 PM [ in reply to I suggest we submit poems ]

"An Ode to the Tigers"
as read by J. Clowney

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Clemson's on top..."

[leaves poetry jam winded and heaving]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Rare Air

Oct 1, 2013, 4:04 PM

I'm enjoying the ride.

Oct 1, 2013, 4:11 PM

IMO some people are way to serious.
Fact is I pull for the Tigers win lose or draw. I also enjoy it Win, Lose or Draw!
Now I wanna win every game but I still Cheer for Clemson either way!

IMO i hope most Tnetters dont care

Oct 1, 2013, 7:28 PM

about beer selling polls 4 games into the season....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Most of us older Tigers have been down this same road,

Oct 1, 2013, 7:44 PM

the most notable being the 1981 season. Thus, we understand the implications.

Along with glory and fame must come a healthy dose of honor, dignity and humility...characteristics that win admirers across the nation. We can be proud, but not prideful. We can be celebratory, but not lacking in dignity, poise and class. We can express our support, but remain humble and thankful.

Most importantly, great heroes are always revered when they remember from whence they came...and are willing to show respect and admiration to their fellow man.

The nation will accept those types of heroes, while soundly rejecting those who think their laurels make them better than others.

I am confident in our staff and team and convinced that our Head Coach and his staff will keep them well-grounded...and mindful of their responsibilities to themselves, each other and to the Clemson Nation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2013, 9:01 PM

I think one of Dabo's main goals this season, and one of his greatest gifts/skills, is to make sure this team is fired up during every day of preparation and most certainly on game day. And to let the players know (along with the help of Chad) that they're nowhere near having arrived on the scene yet. Playing to a standard that's best means you give that type of effort, intensity and focus on every play of everyday - practice or under the lights. He has a keen sense of where their heads and attitudes are, and my belief is that he'll keep instilling in them the right blend of belief in themselves (enough to seize every big moment, and make every big play, along the way) and a blue collar, humble, physical-type style of play... a much needed recipe if you're team will be the last one standing. At that point, and not a moment sooner, you've accomplished something of note (or have arrived), at least til spring practice starts and they become no-names just like everyone else on the hunt for that crystal ball come season's end.

In other words....this board needs to focus!!!!***

Oct 1, 2013, 9:13 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic