Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ranking Defensive Coordinators - BV is No. 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,500

Ranking Defensive Coordinators - BV is No. 1

May 20, 2016, 7:59 AM

Nice article ranking DCs on how fast they get off the field. Coach V is number one.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-defensive-coordinators-that-get-teams-off-the-field-the-fastest/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ranking Defensive Coordinators - BV is No. 1

May 20, 2016, 8:09 AM

You see where Steele is on that list. Auburn is in trouble according to those rankings!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2016, 9:18 AM

I doubt anybody on here needed to see these rankings to know that Auburn is in trouble now with Steele in charge of their defense. I wonder how he keeps finding jobs at prominent schools? Some are very slow to learn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2016, 3:08 PM

Add arrogance with the slow learning = stupid!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2016, 6:40 PM

Stupid and incompetent go hand in hand here. It didn't take long at either of his stops after Clemson for the HC's to see through the facade, but it was amazing that Saban was fooled initially, too. He must be an "Eddie Hascal" type.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2016, 9:06 PM

That, or Saban has a heart bigger than he should have for an old friend out of a job. Steele definitely proved that he was no match against a spread pass attack offense.

May 22, 2016, 10:41 PM

I agree, but I can't believe that Saban let's his heart interfere with good judgement in his hires (especially with a hire like Steele). Those kinds of weaknesses will get you fired. Dabo had no choice. Bowden's buy out kind of tied his hands. As soon as Dabo saw the truth, that mistake got corrected.

May 20, 2016, 8:39 AM

Good article . Venables has basically defined how this defensive era is to be played correctly .
Great recruiting , be aggressive up front and stay off the field as much as you can .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Kevin steele would do just as well as BV if he had these players

May 20, 2016, 9:22 AM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Kevin steele would do just as well as BV if he had these players

May 20, 2016, 3:23 PM

I disagree, two different philosophies!!! There is as much difference in the two coaches on what and how they coach as there is in day and night. Bama had as good and some better players as we have had.

Disagree, just look at the improvement of our LBs since BV

May 21, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Kevin steele would do just as well as BV if he had these players ]

became DC! No comparison. Steele's scheme could not stop a spread attack with a mobile QB nor an option offense. Remember the GT games when Steele was here? I agree we do have better talent but identifying who to recruit and then landing them is as big a job as the defensive play calling. Unless he's changed his coaching ways, I suspect that Auburn defense will be average or maybe just above average.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look where the lamecocks are in the SEC rankings***

May 20, 2016, 8:14 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,500
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic