Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rain Delay @ the Workday Charity Open . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 620

Rain Delay @ the Workday Charity Open . . .

Jul 10, 2020, 3:20 PM

Morikawa is currently leading after shooting -6 today. He sits @ -13 heading into the weekend.

Kyle was the only Tiger on the course when the Delay started. Kyle had 3 straight birdies on the front nine, but closed it with back to back bogies on Holes 8 and 9. He regrouped keeping his card clean until Hole 14 where he picked up another birdie to get him back to -2 for the Tournament and in a tie for 36th Place.

Then disaster found him as he hit his tee shot on the ~180 yard Par 3 16th into the water . . . He hit his third shot from the drop zone (108 yards out) to within 19 feet of the flag when play was halted.

The Cut Line is Projected to be -1 . . .

JByrd should be teeing it up when they get back to playing . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Play has Restarted . . .

Jul 10, 2020, 4:11 PM

Kyle MADE the 19' 1" putt for bogey after hitting his tee shot in the water!!!

Pulling for him to get another birdie in the last 2 holes to get a little cushion!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Play has Restarted . . .

Jul 10, 2020, 4:30 PM

At least birdie 17 so he can make a mistake on 18 and still get in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rain Delay @ the Workday Charity Open . . .

Jul 10, 2020, 4:29 PM

Imagine a rain delay at Muirfield. When I played there with Nicklaus the bottom dropped out on the 13th hole and on our way to clubhouse in a van that picked us up, Jack said that the PGA Tour asked him to change the date of the tournament due to all of the rain delays that they traditionally have. He told them "we get 5 inches of rain in May, 5 inches in June, 5 inches in July, 5 inches in August, and 5 inches in September. Which month would you like me to change it to?".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kyle has finished . . .

Jul 10, 2020, 4:45 PM

Miraculously, he is still on the Cut Line of -1.

He missed a 12' birdie putt on 17 . . . Then the rough caught him on 18 . . . Long story short, he made a 15 footer to save par!!!

Nerves of steel and steady hands!!!

I know DJ has a long way to go, but he's firing at the pins so far . . . JByrd is just now getting started.

We have no Tiger Golfers playing this weekend . . .

Jul 10, 2020, 9:35 PM

DJ shot an Even Par Round
JByrd has 2 holes to play . . . He is +1 for today and +2 for the Tournament w/ no hope of making the Cut

Meanwhile, the Cut Line moved . . . It is now @ -2 and Kyle has missed getting into the weekend play

Replies: 5
| visibility 620
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic