Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SAE isnt racist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,737

SAE isnt racist

Dec 8, 2014, 9:14 PM

Yes the party was dumb and distasteful. Not arguing that. But, they just had a black brother graduate last year I believe, and had a black pledge this semester that had to drop pledging for financial reasons. If you don't know, to get a bid to fraternity, every brother has to vote on said persons acceptance. So SAE as a whole has come to a decision multiple times allowing (and wanting) a black person into their ranks. In fact most fraternities on campus have black brothers, and several fraternities have hosted parties with the black fraternities. Heck, Dorian O'Daniel is an ATO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SAE isnt racist

Dec 8, 2014, 9:16 PM

I have african-american friends. If I say black people suck that still makes me a racist. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Racist....***

Dec 8, 2014, 10:55 PM

I thought only old people could be racist?

Dec 9, 2014, 2:10 AM [ in reply to Re: SAE isnt racist ]

The rules have changed quite a bit in the last 50 years. I ain't playing no more if you guys are changing the rules, I quit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 9:17 PM

Who is calling it racist?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 9:23 PM

I am not on twitter but my friends have shown me many a screenshots of twitter posts, and facebook posts for that matter, saying they are racist, and calling Clemson as a whole racist. And some saying Clemson IFC hosted a racist gang themed party on campus. Many ridiculous claims were made pointing at racism being the motive/purpose of the party

Dec 8, 2014, 9:35 PM

so a bunch of people on twitter, not the liberal media, clemson beat writers, the university, or anyone on this bored?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 10:54 PM

Sorry for wasting the thirty seconds of your life used reading this non football related post. I get it, no one specifically on this board called them racist. Although I did read some comments on earlier posts where a black tigernetter felt it was racist, and I'm sure there were others. Also keep in mind that I never said people on here were calling them racist, just merely wanted to post my opinion and provide a few facts (i.e. SAE having black brothers).

Dec 8, 2014, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: SAE isnt racist ]

You're right about what's going on/what's being said on social media like twitter...true or not, it's out there and it is not good...

Dec 8, 2014, 11:58 PM

They have to meet their quota... duh!

Are you saying they don't have slaves?

Dec 9, 2014, 2:03 AM

###, what's the world coming to?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will say this of SAE

Dec 9, 2014, 8:15 AM

My uncle and late grandfather were both in the fraternity, so I have no ill will against them. I actually like most of the guys in SAE. Would have rushed, but the Greek life wasn't for me. Not everyone in SAE is a racist, by far, but the few racists I met at Clemson were in SAE.

They're white supremacist***

Dec 9, 2014, 8:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigerking droppin' da knowledge on a fool!***

Dec 9, 2014, 11:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

five apples***

Dec 9, 2014, 10:24 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,737
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic