Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP Glenn Frey....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

RIP Glenn Frey....

Jan 18, 2016, 6:04 PM

One of the great ones. And one of my favorite groups ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: RIP Glenn Frey....

Jan 18, 2016, 6:05 PM

Dyammit!
Man , bad news with all these rock stars passing all the sudden .
RIP brother Frey .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Favorite Eagles song?

Jan 18, 2016, 6:09 PM

Mine would be Hotel California followed by Please Come Home For Christmas.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For Glenn

Jan 18, 2016, 6:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaG00zRHDJY

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seven Bridges Road***

Jan 18, 2016, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Favorite Eagles song? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Great song!

Jan 18, 2016, 6:19 PM

While in Clemson, was camping on the Chattooga River with friends passing a bottle of Cuervo and singing 3-part harmony on that song. Another great memory.

They didn't write it, but I like their "Seven Bridges Road".

Jan 18, 2016, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Favorite Eagles song? ]

nm

Re: They didn't write it, but I like their "Seven Bridges Road".

Jan 18, 2016, 6:19 PM

Me too ^

DB23

Re: Favorite Eagles song?

Jan 18, 2016, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Favorite Eagles song? ]

Take It To The Limit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hmF_IX9Ic

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

I have two, one well known and one obscure.

Jan 18, 2016, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Favorite Eagles song? ]

"I Can't Tell You Why", and "The King of Hollywood", both off "The Long Run" album. (Yes, kids, we called them albums back then.)

Re: I have two, one well known and one obscure.

Jan 18, 2016, 8:37 PM

King of Hollywood is one of their most underrated songs. Still listen to it weekly!

Re: I have two, one well known and one obscure.

Jan 18, 2016, 10:15 PM [ in reply to I have two, one well known and one obscure. ]

And they are calling them that again...my daughter took all my old albums and went out and bought a turntable!

Tequila Sunrise.....

Jan 18, 2016, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Favorite Eagles song? ]

My all time favorite song by my all time favorite band. A great song to chilax to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Favorite Eagles song? ]

Mine is the one in Greenville he dedicated to his ex-wife "Plaintiff" - Lying Eyes

Jan 18, 2016, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Favorite Eagles song? ]

Hotel California, can't argue with that. I worked in the Bay 15 years ago and would come down the hill through the Caldecott Tunnel at night and the "California Hotel" on San Pablo, featured on the cover of the album, would haunt me terribly. Of course there's Desperado, and Lyin' Eyes.... It's a rare occurrence when the poetry and the music of a song are one and the same, but these guys had it right. Glenn Fry, et. al., will be missed.

"The Last Resort"

Jan 19, 2016, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Favorite Eagles song? ]

last song on "Hotel California" album, a song about how man eventually destroys every place that is a "paradise".

I only like about 3 Eagles songs total. Most of their stuff is highly overrated.

Hey, "Take it Easy" now***

Jan 19, 2016, 8:59 AM

Did you know that Frey co-wrote that song

Jan 19, 2016, 9:06 AM

With Jackson Browne?

Re: Did you know that Frey co-wrote that song

Jan 19, 2016, 11:16 AM

I did know that!! I loved the Eagles. One of the most relaxing sounds in music.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad Month,

Jan 18, 2016, 6:08 PM

First Lemmy,then Bowie and now Glenn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lawk5PbYZuM

And Red Simpson. Bakersfield truck driving man.***

Jan 18, 2016, 7:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: Bad Month,

Jan 18, 2016, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Bad Month, ]

This has absolutely sucked. Loved STP and hate that Weiland couldn't figure life out. Lemmy is just Lemmy - nothing more to say about that. He was the man. And Bowie - just not enough words. Now this. God, I feel old now

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Geez..who'd of ever thunk Frey before Walsh?!!***

Jan 18, 2016, 6:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Geez..who'd of ever thunk Frey before Walsh?!!***

Jan 18, 2016, 6:23 PM

Not I .

DB23

Re: Geez..who'd of ever thunk Frey before Walsh?!!***

Jan 18, 2016, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Geez..who'd of ever thunk Frey before Walsh?!!*** ]

No kidding. Though he is supposed to have cleaned up, Walsh was up there with Keith Richard for being one of those extreme outliers. But Frey was good. I suppose The Eagles are now done.

my money was on Walsh then Henley but

Jan 18, 2016, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Geez..who'd of ever thunk Frey before Walsh?!!*** ]

Frey will be missed big time!

Life in the fast lane, Already Gone

Jan 18, 2016, 6:39 PM

He was the brains of the band. This sux.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Life in the fast lane, Already Gone

Jan 18, 2016, 7:17 PM

Yep, he was the front man and kept them together as long as he could and then helped them get back together. They played at Clemson 15 or so years ago. They are aging but don't know if they can replace him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite all-time group...very sad and a shock.

Jan 18, 2016, 7:14 PM

Had no idea he was in such serious condition til today.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jan 18, 2016, 7:49 PM

:) :(

My favorite group of all time. Saw them live 34 years

Jan 18, 2016, 8:27 PM

apart, 1974 and 2008. Superb both times. Best live musicianship I have ever heard. God knows why he wanted Glenn to come home early, but "I Can't Tell You Why."

Saw Frey perform solo show at Gulfstream Aero 15 yrs ago

Jan 18, 2016, 9:13 PM

What a talent, what a sense of humor, my favorite Eagle, Godspeed Mr. Frey

Jan 18, 2016, 10:12 PM

The Eagles have always been my favorite. Saw them in Charlotte 2 years ago and they were fantastic! Favorite songs are basically their greatest hits album and Hotel California. They are done now I guess. Sad day.

Already Gone or I can't tell you why. I was on the corner

Jan 18, 2016, 10:22 PM

of the stage, about head high when they got back together and had their first show in Charleston,SC.

About 4 hours of every song you knew every word to.

All time favorite group.

Bowie last week. Frey this week.

Jan 18, 2016, 11:00 PM

when I was a kid, some of the first songs I attempted on guitar were songs by the Eagles.
RIP.

Wow only 67 years old..

Jan 18, 2016, 11:48 PM

Very sad day one of my all time favorite groups. I got to see them live in 2014 and it was a great show, I couldn't believe how well they could still hold notes and harmonize together, sounded just like the records. Very grateful for that opportunity now. RIP Glen!

another slice of youth gone. have you seen Henley's tribute?

Jan 19, 2016, 8:31 AM

saw the Eagles 3 times... great show each time

fantastic tribute note from Don Henley:

"He was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction. But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved. We were two young men who made the pilgrimage to Los Angeles with the same dream: to make our mark in the music industry — and with perseverance, a deep love of music, our alliance with other great musicians and our manager, Irving Azoff, we built something that has lasted longer than anyone could have dreamed.

But, Glenn was the one who started it all. He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn’t quit. He was funny, bullheaded, mercurial, generous, deeply talented and driven. He loved his wife and kids more than anything.

We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow. We brought our two-year ‘History of the Eagles Tour’ to a triumphant close at the end of July and now he is gone. I’m not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life.

Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some."

Jan 19, 2016, 8:38 AM

Yeah that was a shock. Last week and a day was a tough for music.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watched the Showtime documentary 3 times.

Jan 19, 2016, 9:02 AM

It's on Netflix if you missed it. Definitely worth the 3 hours.

Saw them in the 70's in Carolina Colliseum and then our son gave us tickets to the reunion tour in Ralegh in 2014. Fantastic concert, even better than in the 70's.

70's shows

Jan 19, 2016, 9:06 AM

were fun, but i agree they sounded better later

they were stoned/high for many of those 70's shows - and it definitely affected some performances

they definitely sang better when they were taking care of themselves :)

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic