Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP College Athletics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

RIP College Athletics

Mar 26, 2014, 3:47 PM

Unions will destroy college football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to Minor League Football!***

Mar 26, 2014, 3:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just what happens when the rank and file

Mar 26, 2014, 3:51 PM

employees can see what the executives are making. I don't know what will happen, but I'd not be taking out any long term loans on new stadium construction projects any time soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the discrepancy outweighs the merits, unless you own the

Mar 26, 2014, 3:58 PM

company. are your employee's working, or, are they playing on the internet????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now you have got to remember that Bozo promised

Mar 26, 2014, 6:38 PM

hope and change.

The rank and file in this country have been gettingthe shaft

Mar 26, 2014, 4:08 PM [ in reply to This is just what happens when the rank and file ]

For 2 decades in this country. I feel sorry for my children's generation. No pensions, crappy high deductible health insurance plans, pay ( if you fortunate enough to have a job) stagnant. All this while corporate profits are through the roof and your CEO makes more than ever. We are headed for another bubble bursting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then look at the college football player.

Mar 26, 2014, 4:12 PM

This sees every day what his coach his making. What he doesn't see is cash value in that scholarship he earned and he isn't allowed to earn any cash. Maybe this was okay until things went totally nuts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. Microcosm of the economy as a whole, internationally.***

Mar 26, 2014, 4:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And there is no good answer to it all until it all blows up

Mar 26, 2014, 4:18 PM

and college sports become glorified intramurals. Maybe a few thousand would come to town to watch, but I doubt it.

It started with Reagan and "privatization"... 3 decades.***

Mar 26, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to The rank and file in this country have been gettingthe shaft ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP College Athletics

Mar 26, 2014, 4:05 PM

It won't only destroy college Football, it will destroy colleges. You have 85 FB players, what ever number BB, and BB players walking around with a pocket over flowing with money. And guess who will be lurking around every corner. It won't be the players mothers, not all of them anyway. But the drug dealers will move in by the hundreds. There goes the college neighborhood. A good thing to invest in right now would be that crap that drug users drink to pass drug test. Athletes will have plenty of money to buy their drugs, and the drink that shows they have no drugs in their system. And no athletes will be getting a higher price for their peepee so that their clients (FB players) can pass drug test. All sports will soon be a thing of the past, in college anyway.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2014, 4:11 PM

Ex: Tuition is $30,000 so as a college we're going to pay you $32,000. That gives you enough money to pay tuition and then $2000 spending money.

Now, you are responsible for your books/room and board along with your tuition and you will be taxed on the $32,000 which means you'll clear about $23,000-$25,000. You are responsible for taxes/difference in tuition and your net pay.

You will take a full load of classes like the regular students and if you get hurt we can terminate your services.

How about this?? What if an athlete gets hurt can they then draw disability? Guess who would be stuck putting money in that fund? Guess who's tuition would go up to cover this?

This may good for some athletes but bad for colleges and university's. Who decides how much each athlete gets paid? This is some serious schiznik!!!

Yep. I'm betting it gets overturned Congressionally.***

Mar 26, 2014, 4:21 PM

Athletes smoking pot is the worst of your worries?***

Mar 26, 2014, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: RIP College Athletics ]

Mar 26, 2014, 5:17 PM

No surprise coming from a strongly pro-union NLRB.

Re: They have destroyed everything else that they have got

Mar 26, 2014, 6:35 PM

involved in.

Mar 26, 2014, 7:45 PM

I would say fine have your union. You can also start paying your own tuition since you are an employee.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2014, 7:47 PM

The problem is that Universities are not taking care of injured players. The law suits began as "workers compensation" cases. I think the Universities should be responsible for all medical bills for the players, at the very least.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic