Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
REPOST.. my idea for 8 team CFP system...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 686

REPOST.. my idea for 8 team CFP system...

Dec 8, 2014, 10:03 AM

not a whole lot different than what most say but a couple of wrinkles thrown in...

All of the 'power 5' conference winners are in and make up the top 5 seeds. the only difference is, you take conference rankings and give each team their ranking based on that. for example, if the acc is the best conference, then their champ gets the #1 seed and then so forth and so on.

then for the 6 and 7 seeds, you take the next 2 highest ranked non-qualifying teams. the stipulation there being the 2 teams could NOT come from the same conference.

lastly, the #8 seed would be the highest ranked NON 'power 5' conference team. I think this year, that would be Boise State.

This would throw in a little bit of the march madness feel putting in the 8th seed team that way.

just a thought. would be fun!

This years bracket would look like this:
1 Alabama vs. 8 Boise State
2 TCU vs. 7 Miss. State
3 Oregon vs. 6 Baylor
4 FSU vs. 5 Ohio State

Would be a lot of fun in my opinion

Message was edited by: easleytigr®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REPOST.. my idea for 8 team CFP system...

Dec 8, 2014, 10:05 AM

I like that idea........that way, no one is left out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good, except for seeding by supposed conference strength...

Dec 8, 2014, 10:14 AM

That would be subjective, and penalize possibly the best team because of other conference teams. Using that seeding last year, FSU was obviously the best team, but may have been seeded fourth.

Keep the committee, and let their rankings determine the seedings. No need for them to start ranking before mid November at the earliest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look good me.***

Dec 8, 2014, 10:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I like it. We were discussing something similar this weekend

Dec 8, 2014, 10:06 AM

takes the odd subjectivity present in the current system and in the BCS out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REPOST.. my idea for 8 team CFP system...

Dec 8, 2014, 10:08 AM

This is a great idea, and its the same idea I've had for awhile now. It eliminates the need for controversial rankings too. Just win your power 5 conference and your in. Doesn't matter where your ranked. Just throw out the rankings all together.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't just throw rankings out altogether.

Dec 8, 2014, 10:19 AM

Are you going to draw the seedings from a hat? Let the committee rank them, but their power would be greatly diminished, because they would only be picking three of the teams. Five would be already determined.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If OSU weren't in this year, we'd be at 8 next year.

Dec 8, 2014, 10:20 AM

I like this idea...it makes way too much sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 addendums and I'm on board. nd is treated

Dec 8, 2014, 10:22 AM

As an independent. . Which they want to be in football. They don't want to be in a conference for football so give them what they want.

Cut the regular season by 2 games.. at least one.

College football should not be playing in February.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

ND would be eligible for 1 of the 2 at large spots...

Dec 8, 2014, 10:35 AM

just like everyone else that wasn't a conference champion. No need to treat them better or worse than anyone else.

Replies: 9
| visibility 686
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic