Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for slum lords
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Question for slum lords

Jul 24, 2015, 12:37 PM

Out tenants moved out, and we discovered two cracked tiles in the kitchen. Normal wear and tear or damage?

My property manager is saying it's normal wear and tear, but I want to punch their faces in. How do/would you see it?

2nd question:

Property manager says the place needs a light cleaning - "especially the kitchen, bathrooms, under refrigerator, under stove and the baseboards." This will not be a tenant charge according to Property Manager. Am I high for disagreeing? I'm positive there is a "leave the place how you found it" portion in the lease.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'd say you're SOL on those two

Jul 24, 2015, 12:41 PM

the tenants prob shouldn't need to do THAT thorough of a cleaning per the lease, yet you should prior to the next lease.

sorry for to be the SRS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even on the cracked tile?

Jul 24, 2015, 12:47 PM

I can understand the cleaning is ticky-tacky, and it's really not that big of an issue, but the tile seems like negligence.

I've been plodding this great green earth for some 30 odd years, and I've yet to crack a tile in a kitchen.

The property management company is still in possession of

Jul 24, 2015, 12:48 PM

the S.D.

is it up to YOU whether to dock the SD or not??

Jul 24, 2015, 12:58 PM

if so, bill'em for the tile and see what happens

Long and Foster is running the show, and they're claiming

Jul 24, 2015, 1:00 PM

wear and tear. I'm pretty sure they have final say, but I want people to back up my righteous indignation.

I feel like they (L&F) just don't feel like going to war.

I missed this....

Jul 24, 2015, 1:05 PM

hell yeah....make 'em work.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck getting paid if they're gone.

Jul 24, 2015, 12:42 PM

Renters are still the same vile, nasty, murderous animals that they've been since they crawled out of the swamp.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, yes we are.

Jul 24, 2015, 12:45 PM

I am so glad I don't live on a street full of them anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BUT

Jul 24, 2015, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Good luck getting paid if they're gone. ]

if you forget to pay them back their deposit after the legal time period, they WILL reappear

with a lawyer.

They didn't clean the bathrooms?

Jul 24, 2015, 12:43 PM

That's why you have to flush, can't let things sit and stagnate. How very inconsiderate of them. They deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell.

Re: They didn't clean the bathrooms?

Jul 24, 2015, 12:46 PM

####

Jul 24, 2015, 12:47 PM

guana need mo details

Jul 24, 2015, 12:49 PM

are they "I layed tile on a slab that settled and crack up my #### floor" kind of cracks or "I got drunk and high and tried out my new sledge hammer in my kitchen" kind of cracks?

They're "it's a condo built in 2005 cracks"

Jul 24, 2015, 12:55 PM
IMG_2854.JPG(82.6 K)

It's two tiles, in two separate locations. One is chipped slightly, and one looks like someone dropped a 20lb weight on it.

All other tiles are unaffected.

I've attached a pic that Michael J. Fox took for me.

That looks like a big cast iron pan

Jul 24, 2015, 12:57 PM

landed handle first.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't expect a return on that

Jul 24, 2015, 1:00 PM [ in reply to They're "it's a condo built in 2005 cracks" ]

not that I'd be happy about it.

Sounds like PMS problems

Jul 24, 2015, 1:09 PM

Property Management Supervisor

You gotta get a guy with a brother in law in the home repair business. He'll have your tennants paying double to fix every little thing each month.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

^^^this. CS, I wuz wit you till I read "Long and Foster"***

Jul 24, 2015, 1:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw you 1%er***

Jul 24, 2015, 1:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe me. This is not by choice.

Jul 24, 2015, 1:34 PM

I'd rather not own this place, so that I can put the additional funds towards my helicopter, or yacht.

OMG, I totally know how you feel

Jul 24, 2015, 1:40 PM

We inherited a 4000 ft^2 beach front home in Hilton Head and it's only got 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It's just the two of us, but we're accustomed to more space than that, just feels so tiny. Plus, we feel obligated to go there now, when a lot of times we'd rather be on our yacht in the Keys or at our Colorado mountain home.

We don't rent it though, don't want to deal with the kind of stuff you're having to put up with. I would have a conniption fit if someone cracked our tiles, they were imported from Italy, so I mean they weren't the most expensive, but still.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2700, 5/4 in Kiawah.... but you were close.***

Jul 24, 2015, 6:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None of that is a big deal.

Jul 25, 2015, 10:57 AM

It's a rental so just take the cracked stuff out and replace it. You can grout replaced tile before the mastic dries if you hold a finger in the middle of the piece while you use the grout.

You'll never find a renter to clean as well as a homeowner so don't expect so much. I doubt they even looked under the fridge to see how clean it was when they moved in. Anyone who moves into a residence without cleaning the inside of cabinets and every other place in the kitchen where food is stored or prepared is a fool. Same for the bathroom cabinet and other facilities.

It's likely the folks who handle the property are keeping the deposit and charging you for doing the repairs too. These people are monsters. Fire their azzes and find another manager.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got this text from a renter today

Jul 25, 2015, 10:40 PM

Tenant : Hi ##### there are spiders all in the bathroom and in the bedroom also bring something for snakes we have killed 3in the back yard

Me : Well a $4 can of raid will take care of them spiders for 12 weeks! I spray my house every couple months. I have snakes in my backyard too - it's Summertime in the south.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

You're losing way more money to the PM than the cost of

Jul 26, 2015, 8:58 AM

repairs/cleaning.

If you live close enough to the condo manage it yourself. I lease out a condo without a PM and I'm amazed at the poor service other owners receive from various PM companies.

Condos are easy. Houses not so easy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my wife and i own several properties

Jul 26, 2015, 9:40 AM

we haven't mastered the tenant part yet

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic