Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quartney Davis vs Nolan Turner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Quartney Davis vs Nolan Turner

Sep 11, 2019, 4:23 PM

I love everything about Clemson Football, but few things are more impressive than the culture that Dabo Swinney has created. We really need to appreciate the effort the team is putting in and the passion that they are playing with. The coaches are doing an excellent job molding these young men and the joy that we share watching their performance on the football field is just a single product of that. Dabo's recruiting philosophy is genius. The results speak for themselves, but here's a tidbit that I noticed while re-watching the game.

On the fumble recovered by Skalski, the fumble was caused by Nolan Turner who gave the effort to get off his block and lay a good hit. Who was supposed to be blocking him? TAMU WR Quartney Davis.

Quartney Davis- WR, 6-2, 200lbs, 4 star recruit ranked 128th nationally Class of 2016.
HE COMPLETELY LOAFED. ZERO EFFORT.

Nolan Turner- DB, 6-1, 195lbs, ZERO stars, not recruited or offered by anyone. Class of 2016.
GAVE EFFORT. DOMINATED.

When you hear recruits say "There's just something different about Clemson," it isn't just the people and the place, it's the culture that has been created and the standard that has been set... AND I LOVE IT!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quartney Davis vs Nolan Turner

Sep 11, 2019, 4:34 PM

Very well said!

Sep 11, 2019, 4:45 PM

Excellent!

'Zactly!***

Sep 11, 2019, 6:09 PM

Sep 11, 2019, 7:24 PM

Great point

Sep 11, 2019, 7:34 PM

Just another example that defines our program. And remember we had some posters who questioned Dabo's offering Turner instead of a 4****. The "so-called" recruiting experts do not have the capability to grant stars for the heart. Turner has a 5***** heart.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 7:39 PM

Great post! TU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 7:41 PM

Good post!

Turner has been playing well every time he gets an opportunity. I like his game. He will be one of those guys sitting at the pro-bowl telling how he wasn't offered by anyone.
All he does is make plays! No amount of stars helps a player "actually make football plays during the game"!
Good signing by our coaching staff!

As you all have said already! Another thing that really can't be assimilated is "talent evaluation"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic