Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB Controversy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

QB Controversy

Nov 4, 2018, 1:26 PM

Well not really - but it does make you think ....

When KB was clearly not the best QB we heard the coaches telling us we would go with two and let it play out. Even when TL was given the starter's job Dabo was clear that KB would be in the rotation just as before.

And let me point out the rotation was not, you can play when the game is well in hand. They alternated each quarter.

Now after seeing Chase play, especially yesterday I feel compelled to say that he looks awesome. Oh I'm not trying to start him over TL or even go to the old rotation but I am asking; why aren't the coaches following what they preached since early in the year regarding KB? Why aren't they playing Chase along with TL - give Chase his reps with he first team?

Well I think I know why - it is because they were propping up KB when KB couldn't hold the job in an even competition. Before you start arguing just slow down and tell me that CB isn't far closer to TL than KB ever was. Chase could possibly be our best QB. I love TL but I am seeing a really great talent that is riding the bench and wondering why KB was protected.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB Controversy

Nov 4, 2018, 1:34 PM

The coaches must have strongly suspected KB was what he turned out to be and needed to coddle his fragile ego. Chase, thankfully, appears to love the team and isn't solely focused on himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Seems Pretty Obvious to Me that Kelly's Legs are Being

Nov 4, 2018, 1:37 PM

overlooked here...

Do you think KB’s legs...

Nov 4, 2018, 1:56 PM

would have scored 240 points over the last four games? It was a close game against that same crap FSU team last year deep in the fourth quarter with Kelly B at the helm.

Chase Brice has real motivation and is getting more meaningful reps in practice. He’s rapidly showing his potential as a leader of this offense. If Trevor goes down we’re in capable hands with Chase Brice. And he’s only going to get better.

We are MUCH better off with Kelly moving on. That’s OBVIOUS now. I hope it ends up better for him too. I wish him the best.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because as reported kelly thought about

Nov 4, 2018, 1:36 PM

transferring earlier in the year..but they announced him the starter to keep him from transferring..one thing that wasnt taken to account was the cream lawrence would rise to the top though and take the spot from him

Re: because as reported kelly thought about

Nov 4, 2018, 1:38 PM

After the Spring Game, everyone expected TL to rise and take over. Many were surprised he didn't start game 1 and questioned the "coach speak" about KB being better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

yup..thats why i said htat

Nov 4, 2018, 1:39 PM

after that article came out saying he was thinking of transferring but didnt..told me he was promised the starting spot to not transfer..but once the games started they couldnt hold lawrence back

Re: QB Controversy

Nov 4, 2018, 1:40 PM

I agree

Nov 4, 2018, 1:48 PM

but we are so fortunate our problem is that a lot of us would love a alternate universe season with Chase Brice at QB. I think he may be one of the best QB's ever to play at Clemson.

But I'm all-in for TLaw. Go Tigers!

Re: I agree

Nov 4, 2018, 2:09 PM

The backup QB is the most popular player on the team among fans for 95% of teams.

Chase Brice signed on w/ complete knowledge of situation ...

Nov 4, 2018, 2:53 PM

He’s is a 4-star guy who could have gone almost anywhere and could have been the starter by now at a lot of schools.

Chase has proven that he is a high quality QB and that he’s not afraid to compete.

He’ll be our starter when his senior year rolls around and TL is off to the NFL.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic