Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who was talking about the Audi wagon the other day?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 390

Who was talking about the Audi wagon the other day?

Feb 22, 2019, 10:34 AM

I was walking the dogs the other day and it turns out our neighbor, or a neighbors friend, has one, so I got to take a look at it.

Have you seen how big that thing is in person? It seemed about the length and width of a Tahoe to me; I was expecting a Passat Wagon sized vehicle. I peeped inside and it didn't appear any more exciting than I originally thought, but its shear size was interesting to me.

I can't imagine that thing being very fast or getting very good gas mileage, but it does take up a lot of space.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I posted about the new Q6, but it aint no wagon

Feb 22, 2019, 10:36 AM

Resembles a Range Rover Sport

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i THINK bengaline mentioned the Q6

Feb 22, 2019, 10:37 AM

I saw some Q8's on the lot on Saturday (wasn't really aware of either model prior).

Is that what you're talking about? They pretty wide, didn't think they were overly long

That's kinda my weird view of the Q5 (doesn't seem long enough) and the Q7 (reminds me of a 4-dr minivan because of it's proportions)

If its over there this weekend, I'll take more note of

Feb 22, 2019, 10:40 AM

the model it is.

I just saw that 1)it was a reasonably new Audi, and 2) it was large wagon looking thing.

Q7 is boss AF***

Feb 22, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to i THINK bengaline mentioned the Q6 ]

something's just 'off' with it's look, to me

Feb 22, 2019, 11:53 AM

it's not a bad thing, but it's like I wanted something between the Q5 & Q7. Logic would say that that's the Q6....but it taint.

Looks like a VW Atlas***

Feb 22, 2019, 1:05 PM

which?

Feb 22, 2019, 1:13 PM

I don't get the same misproportion from the Atlas (I get something 'else', not sure what tho...)

I went to the VW lot the other day (same dealership as Audi - they share the overflow lot across the street) and sat in a decked out Atlas...was fairly nice inside. still not sure about exterior styling

Also sat in a Tiguan...pretty nice for the prices they had some '18 CPO's at. It's about as small as I'd be (maybe) comfortable going (lol) tho....

Dude said that the Atlas Sport Cross (which I like, looks kinda like VW version of Q8) is just a myth at this point (contrary to what I've read online) and that they haven't been given any time frame for more info

tigermanac®

You're used to Lexus/Toyota's aren't you?

Feb 22, 2019, 2:04 PM

A VW/Audi is going to have you wanting to burn that dealership, and every car on the lot to the ground.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, and oh i'm fully aware of that

Feb 22, 2019, 2:06 PM

the stop at the lot was partially just to get it out of my system

Here ya go

Feb 22, 2019, 2:09 PM

Go buy this so I don't plz

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Lexus-GX-Greenville-d2063_L32193#listing=221087639

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice looking truck

Feb 22, 2019, 2:12 PM

Kills my soul to buy a truck for $30K with 82K miles though.

yeah, my eyes got big 'til I saw that

Feb 22, 2019, 2:14 PM

plus, i don't really need (and therefore want a V8, tho that MPG isn't horrible if true

Re: yeah, my eyes got big 'til I saw that***

Feb 22, 2019, 2:17 PM

I have no doubt it'll go 300k+ without any major

Feb 22, 2019, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Nice looking truck ]

issues though. Whereas I'm pretty confident any given Tahoe/Yukon is pretty much going to be junk by 200k. At the very least costing thousands to keep on the road.

yeah, no doubt that 82k on that and 82k on most others

Feb 22, 2019, 2:17 PM

are two completely different conversations

I've been eyeing this one for a month or so

Feb 22, 2019, 2:23 PM

I'd prefer less miles, but 1 owner makes up for a lot in my mind. I start getting skittish when I see 2-3 owners on a vehicle with less that 100k miles.

damm!t Lakebum, you've got me going down a rabbit hole

Feb 24, 2019, 11:47 AM

I don't wanna be going down.

Lakebum1®

interdasting....but

Feb 22, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Here ya go ]

82k+ miles

Re: which?

Feb 22, 2019, 2:21 PM [ in reply to which? ]

I think from the pics online, it looks a lot like a Grand Cherokee, which is what we will end up getting Mrs Manac this summer when her current lease ends. We switched from a GC to an Acadia due to the 3rd row, but straight fuuuuuuk a GM car these days. I am done man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

despite my practical leanings, I'm looking more and more

Feb 22, 2019, 2:39 PM

at the GC's....Limiteds check all my boxes with the exception of some of the body trim

Re: despite my practical leanings, I'm looking more and more

Feb 22, 2019, 2:51 PM

Oh, I know....***

Feb 22, 2019, 2:55 PM

Don’t. Just don’t.

Feb 22, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to despite my practical leanings, I'm looking more and more ]

Well, unless you like depreciation and plan on selling it before the warranty is up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whichever way I go, I'm going 1-2 yo CPO

Feb 22, 2019, 3:04 PM

so hopefully I'll skip the biggest depreciation hit

it WAS 4Runner or bust up until a few months ago....and I know that's still prob the best choice

I love the GC and don't mind depreciation....

Feb 22, 2019, 3:10 PM

I hate Jeep's shidddy quality. It's a joke. If you're going to deal with a lemon of a car, at least let it be one that there's no other alternative, like a Wrangler. There are a million other options to a Jeep GC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually it’s the Q8. Here ye go....

Feb 22, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to something's just 'off' with it's look, to me ]

Oops, missed your post above

Feb 22, 2019, 3:05 PM

Yeah, size-wise the Q8 is right between the Q7 and Q5.

The Q6 is pointless. BMW X6, Acura ZDX, Mercedes GLC....they’re all stupid. If you’re going to give up that much utility, it should come with slightly more style than a lifted Accord Crosstour.

Or a BMX X6

Feb 22, 2019, 10:40 AM

https://www.motor1.com/news/236169/audi-q6-coupe-suv-rendering/

I was behind a new X7 yesterday on 85

Feb 22, 2019, 10:43 AM

I had seen them before, but next to my truck it looked a lot bigger than on a lot. Looked like it's in between say, a Tahoe and Sequoia in size.

A lot better styling than the Audi, too.

you were looking at a test mule then.

Feb 22, 2019, 1:58 PM

Don’t think they’ve been officially released yet.

They're in production, they got most of the kinks out of

Feb 22, 2019, 2:00 PM

the G07 program toward the end of last year.

right, but as far as I know a customer can’t actually

Feb 22, 2019, 2:18 PM

Buy one till March or April.

oh, and a free extra virtual point for you for

Feb 22, 2019, 3:36 PM

totally nerding out with the G07 chassis code.

Looking at pictures, it appears to have been an A4 Wagon***

Feb 22, 2019, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Or a BMX X6 ]

that's the Allroad. I drove a couple a year ago, I liked

Feb 22, 2019, 11:29 AM

the Q5 better. But decided against the depreciation curve on both. And Audi seems to have something against cup holders, at least a couple years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who was talking about the Audi wagon the other day?

Feb 22, 2019, 10:47 AM

Have you seen how big that thing is in person?

but its shear size was interesting to me

but it does take up a lot of space.

Point for all that work.***

Feb 22, 2019, 11:04 AM

audi wagon? The only one from the past few years is the

Feb 22, 2019, 1:57 PM

A4 Allroad, and it’s not very big.

Now for a big wagon, this thing is beauuuuutiful. Volvo V90. Pretty much have to special order one. They don’t stock them on dealer lots.

yeah that's hawt

Feb 22, 2019, 2:05 PM

I wanna have it's baby

Maybe it wasn't the A4 then.

Feb 22, 2019, 2:18 PM [ in reply to audi wagon? The only one from the past few years is the ]

I didn't note what it was, but I will, when/if its over there again. It seemed pretty big for what it was.

Replies: 40
| visibility 390
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic