Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proud of our FB student-leaders and many in CFB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 841

Proud of our FB student-leaders and many in CFB

Sep 8, 2020, 10:13 AM

Looking at this article from ESPN, and having watched Maria Taylor's interview on GameDay, these guys have a plan. They're not just bringing attention to themselves with some meaningless protest gesture. I know this whole racial injustice thing is a very deep issue, with many facets, and with many different opinions and perspectives, but I'm proud of our guys for stepping out of their comfort zones to be leaders and to try to take tangible action to make things better. They don't have to do that. They had the on-campus protest and they could leave it at that. They're going beyond slogans and symbols and moving into actions and plans. I have a feeling that these guys will be major difference-makers and leaders well beyond their college campuses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link

Sep 8, 2020, 10:14 AM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29826574/clemson-qb-trevor-lawrence-outlines-college-football-leaders-plans-change-social-media-post

Good for them, but I have multiple questions. Here is one major question:

Sep 8, 2020, 10:37 AM

One of their stated objectives is to make sure they are all registered to vote and take the time to vote.
I agree that everyone should vote, and that’s great. However...

What do they think they are going to change by voting? Who will they vote for, and exactly which of the problems they are so worried about do they think will be fixed?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for them, but I have multiple questions. Here is one major question:

Sep 8, 2020, 10:46 AM

Voting won't change any of the current situations that everyone is focusing on, but it does move you into the world of tangible contributions to society rather than just talking about change. I don't think any politician or party can make the change that needs to be made, but they can certainly make things worse, which I think we're seeing in the big cities around the country.

Voting is the first and most basic step in responsible citizenship - and easiest - so that makes it a good place to start.

Re: Proud of our FB student-leaders and many in CFB

Sep 8, 2020, 2:15 PM

they can do it on their time, I pay for my time and I pay to see them play football, they can join the debate club and sell tix to that and see how it goes... I read the their statement/plan and its a not a plan at all. Awareness? There couldn't possibly be any more awareness right now, what is lacking are details that have any truth to them or details that will actually change anything. You want change? Figure out root causes and get to the problems.

In the stadium, when representing the football team, play ball... when your on your time have at it. When you figure it out throw it out there, double blind study to see if it works.

My 2 cents...

here is number 1... its Ok to be virtuous to have faith in God, return Virtue to discussion
here is number 2... fix homes and families (to include a healthy respect for life)
here is number 3... fix the school system

God gave Moses a 10 point plan, easy to follow, easy to understand, follow that and we have 99.9% fewer problems.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 841
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic