Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proctologist denied personalized plate in Canada
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 311

Proctologist denied personalized plate in Canada

Feb 7, 2019, 3:15 PM

Not really a doctor, but.....

A Canadian man says that his request for a personalized license plate has been rejected on the grounds that it contains an “unacceptable slogan.”

“It’s my last name. I’ve always had it,” the Saskatchewan resident told the CBC. “I’m not ashamed of it. There’s nothing bad about it.”

For Assman, his name carries a proud legacy. His great-grandfather, an Assman himself, would help other farmers during hard times.

“Farmers would come in the early ’30s and they borrowed money from him,” Assman said. “Instead of him foreclosing on their land, he just either forgave it, or let them pay when they could.”" data-reactid="26" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">“Farmers would come in the early ’30s and they borrowed money from him,” Assman said. “Instead of him foreclosing on their land, he just either forgave it, or let them pay when they could.”

But according to government officials, a license plate featuring the name could offend others.

“Even if a word is someone’s name and pronounced differently than the offensive version, that’s not something that would be apparent to other motorists who will see the plate,” spokesperson Tyler McMurchy explained

“Even if a word is someone’s name and pronounced differently than the offensive version, that’s not something that would be apparent to other motorists who will see the plate,” SGI spokesperson Tyler McMurchy explained.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're the Assman***

Feb 7, 2019, 3:17 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 311
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic