Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cowherd defending DW4?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Cowherd defending DW4?

Mar 6, 2017, 1:07 PM

Wish he would have gone somewhere besides the Manziel comparison though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G5GO1xVn1o

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cowherd usually defends DW4***

Mar 6, 2017, 1:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cowherd defending DW4?

Mar 6, 2017, 1:13 PM

I have to agree with him, Deshaun is going to hurt some feelings. I hope he doesn't get drafted by a bad team, I know Deshaun deserves to be the 1st pick but I hope he goes to a team he can develop. Imagine Deshaun with a redshirt year, so to speak, in the NFL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Cowherd defending DW4?

Mar 6, 2017, 1:19 PM

Lol'd when he said there was a lot to do in Clemson and that Johnny found trouble in College Station. Colin, there's nothing to do in Clemson unless it's football season lol.

Cowherd talking in circles...

Mar 6, 2017, 1:48 PM

Obviously I am happy he is defending DW, but my goodness he is just all over the place and has the logic of a schizophrenic. And as far as the national media and their "ceiling" discussion regarding DW... I am at a loss. DW's ceiling may be limited if you are evaluating "The tallest QB in the league" or "Who can throw it through a brick wall" but to my knowledge that has never been the ceiling pro teams were interested in. I have always thought that winning has the ultimate goal. There is no more proven winner than DW, and I don't mean that in terms of just this years draftable QB's. DW is as proven a winner as anyone at this stage in their career. So, DW's ceiling in terms of winning could result in multiple Super Bowl victories.

DW's ceiling as a citizen is one that could potentially see him winning multiple NFL man of the year awards for his contributions to the greater community.

DW's ceiling as a passer was also illustrated by his clear ability to make every NFL throw evidenced by his combine throwing performance.

DW's ceiling is off the charts. He is a proven winner, has NFL size, has beyond NFL character, has the respect of evert coach and player he has played for, with, or against, is a proven professional in terms of work ethic and devotion, and has been successful in every phase of his life thus far regardless of the obstacles that have come his way.

The Manziel, Clemson vs. College station arguments are silly. The only relevant piece of Cowherd's argument was the mention of the press' infatuation with Manziel success against Saban while largely disregarding DW's greater success.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stifle it Colin. DeShaun doesn't need you to defend him.***

Mar 6, 2017, 1:55 PM

I like Cowherd, he speaks his opinion and I like that.

Mar 6, 2017, 2:13 PM

He's usually tolerable and a good listen. So what he said we sucked back in September? 90% of Clemson fans would've said the same thing, since the team was "underperforming". He's usually very complimentary of Deshaun and Dabo and Clemson in general.

Problem is that is opinion

Mar 6, 2017, 2:34 PM

is just that, its his opinion. He offers very little trended data to support his claims. One year he said the Yankees were on the decline because they look old. He'll pull some one-off examples to support his claims but never any real hard data.

And he didn't say we sucked, he said we were a fraud, i.e. not worthy of being mentioned for national title contention based on some close games with teams that turned out the be pretty good competition (outside of NCSU). Basically he popped off before the facts could play themselves out which is his MO.

The only time I'd consistently listen to him was back when he was on ESPN during march madness because he'd always say something that would get Doug Gottlieb (also on ESPN at the time) so irritated that he'd call in to Cowherd's show and school him on college basketball. Gottlieb can also be an arrogant talker but when it comes to college hoops, he's pretty spot on.

But he's apparently what people like to listen to now. All shtick and attitude with no substance or factual information.

I watched his show almost every day last fall

Mar 6, 2017, 3:14 PM

Early in the season, he said we were not very good and didnt deserve to be ranked #2, which was true to an extent at the time. Yes he also called us a fraud, but he based on how we were playing, we kinda deserved it. He didnt say we were a bad program or we had bad players, he just said we were playing bad. Only winning by 6 points to Troy and luckily beating NC State at home doesnt give a vote of confidence to the general public, and you can go search Google for hundreds of articles bashing us and why we are sucking at the time/ how we won't keep surviving and make playoffs at that rate.

We got lucky that a lot of other teams lost the same weekend we lost, which allowed us not to slip far in the rankings. Cowherd's opinion wasn't just that, the whole country knew we were playing bad but he was one person that attached strong adjectives to it that created a headline.

I'm just glad we got things turned around and we played to our potential late in the season when it mattered the most.

Cowherd is the best national radio host IMO.

Mar 6, 2017, 8:57 PM [ in reply to I like Cowherd, he speaks his opinion and I like that. ]

He's not paid to be right. He's paid to be honest.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Cowherd does not get it either

Mar 6, 2017, 8:26 PM

DW4 IS the luxury item!

Re: Cowherd does not get it either

Mar 6, 2017, 10:01 PM

Where is the Panera Bread in Clemson???

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic