Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So why not promote Bradley LeCroy Assistant Head Coach to HC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

So why not promote Bradley LeCroy Assistant Head Coach to HC

Jun 11, 2015, 3:11 PM

I do not follow Clemson baseball as I prefer football and basketball. So I want to hear why not to promote Bradley LeCroy from Assistant Head Coach to Head Coach.

He just finished his eighth year as an assistant coach and third as the assistant head coach with the Tiger program in 2015. He also serves as recruiting coordinator along with duties as hitters and outfielders coach. He spend three years working at Tennessee as infielders coach and recruiting coordinator.

What does he need to learn to be a Head Coach that he has not seen or experienced in 11+ years as a college baseball coach?

From my perspective... the new Head Baseball Coach at Clemson must exhibit energy, a fresh approach, positivity, enthusiasm, and a kinship with being and leading a part of the Clemson family.

Baseball acumen is required, but so is this other Clemson Connectiveness, in order to best position Clemson baseball forward and generate revived interest from current Clemson fans.

I hope LeCroy gets the job. Why not besides Bradley LeCroy?

Please educate me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably hard to do

Jun 11, 2015, 9:30 PM

since he was Jack's right hand man - and Jack was fired. IT's not fair- but it's reality.

A head coach is responsible ultimately- but so are the assistants to some degree.

If Jack had retired on his own terms- even under some ultimatum, then the assistant head coach is in perfect position to take over. If he's fired because the AD doesn't think the job is getting done, it's a lot harder to hire the top assistant to take over - a guy that in some ways is joined at the hip with the previous head coach.

That's true at any school.

I would like to see him given the chance

Jun 11, 2015, 9:58 PM

I'm sure I am in the minority.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'd like to see Monty Lee HC & retain Lecroy***

Jun 11, 2015, 10:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So why not promote Bradley LeCroy Assistant Head Coach to HC

Jun 11, 2015, 10:27 PM

When clemson was winning games, we had great assistants. Those same coaches have proven their worth and are in omaha! Since the current staff has been here we have progressively gotten worse. Our recruiting is good, our record is not. Our players get drafted and some make it to the big show. But if have actually watched this team play the last several years there is no way possible you want to promote anyone on this staff!!! And clemson can not afford to slip farther away taking a chance on an unproven assistant! Period! Our fundamentals and base running would not cut it in legion ball, and that is 100% coaching. Clemson will be in a hole til the new coaching staff gets it turned around. We have talented players that just need coaching and need to come together as the new clemson tiger baseball program moves forward.

retaining him would keep continuity between players

Jun 11, 2015, 11:02 PM

on the team and the new staff & continue great recruiting. His coaching could be different with a new HC

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree**

Jun 11, 2015, 11:15 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 11, 2015, 10:51 PM

imo, he was part of the problem. Yes, he may be a good recruiter, but he is also hitting coach...and that was not one of high lights this year

Jun 12, 2015, 12:28 AM

Clemson will wash it's hand of the last staff. Monte Lee will bring in his guys. Monte is a proven winner.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic