Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Point guard play, point guard play, point guard play...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Point guard play, point guard play, point guard play...

Feb 17, 2015, 10:06 AM

Been saying this all season, we need better PG play. To late in the season now to try a different PG. I'm not bashing Hall, he is a great defensive player and plays with a ton of heart, but he brings nothing offensively to the PG position. We have too good of a defense not to be winning more games. Not saying we should be elite, but we should have won more games on the season to at least get a lower NCAA tourney seed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all agree on Hall

Feb 17, 2015, 10:13 AM

It's not you saying it, it's the world saying it. That would be like someone coming on after the GT football game saying "I've been saying all along that Cole Stoudt wasn't playing well this year." No ####.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We all agree on Hall

Feb 17, 2015, 10:16 AM

Singing to the choir.

I disagree

Feb 17, 2015, 10:17 AM

Hall has been inconsistent at times, but he's not the reason we aren't any better than we are. Our gaurd play in general isn't very good.

We don't have anybody that can go create their own shot. Grantham will be that guy, but he's just young right now.

Bottom line is we are too inconsistent on offense, and that's not on Hall. We just don't shoot it well enough to hold on for long periods of time. When we do shoot it well, we can play with and beat anyone.

Our defense is pretty dang tough, but it can't continually overcome FG droughts. The thing is, they are not bad shots... we just can't knock em down.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

It's not just Hall...

Feb 17, 2015, 10:37 AM

overall talent we're about where we should be record wise. Our forwards (JB & DG) are our most talented players, then maybe Roper when he's hot. Plus, DG is in his first year. Otherwise, we're pretty limited or average with talent compared to the league. Not alot of real ACC front line players from the rest. Mostly role players, but heck somebody has to be a starter.

Hall may have some slight injury of some kind. He's seems to be getting beat on D the last few games and that's really not like him.

Holmes will be an upgrade next year

Feb 17, 2015, 11:03 AM

and Hudson is highly regarded coming in. We all pretty much agree on Hall, he's never been a true PG, but he's the best we have all around right now. It is what it is, next season should.....should be much better

Re: Holmes will be an upgrade next year

Feb 17, 2015, 11:06 AM

Holmes better learn how to shoot. How many baskets does he have this year? 1 or 2 -there is a reason he is on the bench.

Holmes is the transfer from USF

Feb 17, 2015, 11:10 AM

He's not playing this year, you're thinking of Devoe

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic